1993 Mercury Cougar

8.3

Based on 161 Ratings for the 1989 - 1997 models.

20 years old & still running like a top

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pros: "Luxurious & you can see 360 degs out of it"

Cons: "hard to park especially in small places"

"My 20 yr old Cougar XR7 is still a very good car. The V8 engine does just fine. No 0 to 60 in seconds - a big car doesn't "handle" & it's a gas guzzler. This is my 2nd -1st was a new 1985. The '94 was bought used, but has lasted longer. I LOVE COUGARS! It just passed the emissions test! Rear ended - not a scratch. This car is built like a TANK!"

111,100 aprox.

By on Friday, October 14, 2011

Pros: "Fully independent suspension,good power,comfort."

Cons: "Shifts to OD to fast."

0 Rust.My 1997 XR-7 Cougar.

"I have the anniversary edition Cougar XR-7 with the SOHC 4.6 V-8 and the 3 speed OD=4 transmission.I average 24mpg daily driving a mix of hilly roads and highways.I love this car it never lets me down starts without fail,hot, cold,snow,rain night or day.Corners excellent due to the rear independent suspension a BIG .Mine has the am/fm cassette,which is outdated,nothing to complain about cause it sounds AWESOME,really good stock stereo system.I would rate this car on a scale of 1 through 10 a 9.I'm 38yrs old and this is by far one of the most dependable and funnest car i'v yet to own."

0 Rust.My 1997 XR-7 Cougar.

This car will NEVER quit!!!!

By on Thursday, October 10, 2013

"I bought my 1997 Cougar new and had it custom ordered from the factory. Man, am I glad I got it exactly the way I wanted it since I have had it now for 17 years and it is still going strong. I have a long commute each day (100 miles total) and I can't imagine doing it in any other car. I just clicked over 322,000 miles on it earlier this week. I haven't had any major repairs on it in all that time, just normal wear-and-tear items. The engine is original and I didn't have to have the transmission rebuilt until I hit the 290,000 mile mark. I do all the recommended maintenance and it runs as good today as it did when new. I keep it garaged both at home and work, so even the paint still looks good. The V-8 has ample power for freeway merges and gets surprisingly good mileage, but it's definitely not a hybrid! :) I absolutely LOVE this car!"

It's just wonderful.

By on Friday, January 06, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, Highway Gas Mileage, Spacious Seats"

Cons: "Cup holders in awkward place, power"

"It has an elderly appeal, but it is a very comfortable and reliable vehicle. I am only 17, and have had the car for over 3,500 miles with only one issue (related to it sitting so long before I got it). It's not very quick, but it does good on the interstate. I LOVE the seats, and I love the quality of driving. Highly suggest for someone who wants a cheap and reliable vehicle. Don't let age scare you."

chevy guy

By on Wednesday, January 12, 2011

"i have owned all type of cars sport, luxury,trucks,suvs.When i found my couger i had already owned a lincoln wich i gave to my wife.at that time this was our first ford product .Just to let everyone know if u want style and luxury and performance by god go with a Lincoln amazing cars ford puts the best of the best in them.On the other hand i picked up a 94 couger XR7 limited edition and beleive it or not i only paid 200 bucks for it.Ya it needed work but who cares the motor and tranny was pampered and car lookes great.I gotta tell im sure this car was made to slap the Monte Carlo owners in the face.Iowned a Monte Carlo SS and im telling u the cougar is way better better handling more power and torque and just way more fun to drive"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercury Cougar near Honolulu. See local deals