• New Car Buyer's Guides
  • The 40+ MPG Cars of 2015

1994 Mercury Capri

7.8

Based on 40 Ratings for the 1991 - 1994 models.

Best car Ford ever produced

By on Thursday, September 16, 2010

"Well actually Ford didn't produce this car. Designed in Italy, built in Australia using mostly Mazda Parts by Ford of Australia. A joy to drive. 30-35 mpg on the highway 286,700 miles on mine and still going strong! Pity no car made in the last 20 years can match the Capri. I expect to see 300,000 miles in the next year or so. And there's a guy in Germany who has gone 420,000km's with his. Talk about endurance!"

Impressssive!

By on Monday, August 16, 2010

"I have NEVER been a Ford, Lincoln, Mercury man myself. Infact, all I have ever liked about them was the body styles. But, on May the 8th-2010 while looking to buy a '92 Dodge Ramcharger (having owned 1 in 2002)on a fluke I went to see a '92 Capri Convertable first. My wife fell in love with it right away, but being a mechanic for the past 43 yrs, I was still just looking @ another ford. That was untill I took it for a test drive.... WOW! For the first time in my life I fell in LOVE with a Ford product!? I just HAVE to teel you.... The power, responce, handling, ease of repair & parts placement, room for repair, the looks (top up OR down), the lines.... The feeling of road ownwership as you speed along! I LOVE THIS CAR!! I am the 3rd owner, it has 95,000 orig miles on her, it cost me $2,000.00 AND I will NEVER sell this car, AND if given the chance I would buy ANOTHER!!!"

Only looks expensive, hi style impressive

By on Tuesday, November 20, 2007

"Just as stylish & fun as the Miata but much better price and has a decent back seat. Has an amazing amount of room for such a small car. Flatten back seats down space opens in trunk wall to make a very large space for carrying things. I used to fill mine every weekend with large furniture and household items to sell at our local swap meet & many times I had several large pieces. Easily fits 4 full size ironing boards length wise thru trunk opening in back seat. Actually did this once. Owned 2 of them.. A 1989 & A 1992. Only real problem is with the folding of the top down & is bad in the 1990's models. Folding top down correctly only worked 50% of the time as the accordian joint on back sides wont always fold down like it is supposed to. You cant drive with it like that either. not safe. Because of this I often did not get to enjoy driving with the top down on sunny days. Hard to take down by one person alone-possible but hard. I knew 3 other people that had the same top proble. But other than that the top issue is the only real serious problem. No longer ownthem, but may buy a 1993 I found for sale for $950.00 for an extra fun car."

First and favorite car!

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pros: "price, fun, youthful, different, unordinary"

Cons: "spoiler cracked, seats not easily adjusted"

"This was my 16th birthday present (2008), it's now 2012, we still have this car and it runs like a charm. Plus, it's great for teens.... what teen girl doesn't want a 2 seater convertible? My friends love it and always complain that I have the cutest car!"

I LOVE MY CAR

By on Wednesday, December 14, 2011

"It has 104400 miles. I bought it new and taken great care of it, including a new top. It looks as good today as it did when I bought it. People still turn around to stare and ask me what it is. I love it!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercury Capri near Honolulu. See local deals