2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS-Class

10.0

Based on 7 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

10.0/10
    9.9/10
    9.9/10
    10.0/10
    9.7/10
Per Page:  5 | 10

My daily driver, yet one of the most exotic & rare

By on Saturday, May 17, 2014

Pros: "art form, reliability, fun to drive, exclusivity"

Cons: "fuel consumption is weak."

"We own both the coupe and roadster. The roadster is my wife's only car and the coupe is mine. The dealer offered us a 7 year bumper to bumper warrantee for an extra $3500, so my future costs are fixed. They sound great, are of typical german quality, and both hold a set of golf clubs in the trunk. We are car people so we love the conversations these cars create. Our choice was over the Bentley, Lambo, Aston,Audi R8 V10 & Ferrari ... and while a couple came close, this cleary was the best built in terms of daily usability and on-going maintenance (although from a maintenance perspective, the Audi tied). Love the cars. Great purchases. (By the way, I have 11,000 on the Gullwing and my wife has 3800 miles on the roadster. One final thing ... my wife is 70 and 5'2" and has no trouble reaching the gull wing door. She brings it down as she gets in."

Future classic and a great updating of the 300 SL

By on Monday, December 28, 2015

Pros: "gullwing doors, fabulous acceleration, comfortable"

Cons: "low gas mileage. aluminum body can get dings"

"I purchased the car used from a dealership. It had one previous owner and 21,000 miles. I drive it about 1,000 a year inasmuch as it is not my daily driver. The gullwing doors was the selling feature for me. Every time I fill the gas tank I get stares and inquiries as to what kind of Mercedes it is. It rides great and has fabulous acceleration. The sound system is great, especially with the upgraded system. Climate control is very good and the seats are extremely comfortable. Service costs are typical M-B, but not excessive. I was even surprised that the insurance costs were moderate (State Farm). I would highly recommend this car to anyone who wants to own a future classic and who loves the 300 SL, but who doesn't have a spare $1.5 million laying around."

I own the 2015 AMG Final Edition since mid 2014.

By on Thursday, March 19, 2015

"Great reliability and value. Despite it not being as fashy as the Ferrari or Lambo, it sure gets a lot of attention - although generally people love it or hate it, nothing in-between. Real reason for choosing this over the others however is the reliabilty, cost and ease of servicing. Can take into any MB dealer (and there are plenty to choose from) and get regular maintenance completed at a very reasonable cost. Rides well considering its a sport car, but what I like the most are the convenience items that really work (navigation, upgraded B&O radio, etc.). This can easily be a "every day" driver. Should remain classic and unique style for years to come."

Long term update on roadster & gullwing

By on Thursday, April 21, 2016

Pros: "fun to drive, reliable, going up in value"

Cons: "none right now"

"I reviewed these a couple years ago and now am providing an update. We still have both SLSs ... roadster & gullwing. They are rock solid with 17000 miles on the gullwing and 10000 on the roadster. Mercedes service is great and affordable. No problems. I bought both used (8 months and 12 month old) a couple years ago and therefore saved a lot of money off sticker. That being said, both cars are now worth more than I paid .... who would have thunk it? Great cars ... great art ... and very rare which I enjoy."

Best car ever

By on Monday, July 27, 2015

Pros: "exhaust sound"

Cons: "race start is a bit touchy"

"I wanted this car three years ago but The dealer could not find anyone who would write a policy due to the price. Two years ago I bought one and got it insured by Liberty, Merc's affiliated company."

Per Page:  5 | 10
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz SLS-Class near Honolulu. See local deals