2014 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $39,050 - $41,127.

Invoice N/A

10/7.7

Based on 11 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

9.8/10

Love the SLK 250

By on Friday, February 22, 2013

Pros: "Lighting package, convertibale hard top"

Cons: "Small trunk if top is down"

Our Baby

"We have owned the SLK 250 for three months now and have been very happy with the car! It sure gets attention wherever we go. The lighting package is fantastic and helps tremendously in seeing and being seen at night. The headlights follow the road and adjust automatically. The ease of operation of the hardtop is so cool! We have had other convertibles through the years and Mercedes' engineers sure have this one done right. We live in east Tennessee, so there are some warmer days even in the winter and we enjoy the heated seats and the "air scaf" if we need to warm things up. Its a fantastic car for us and would reccomend it to anyone."

Our Baby

Love this Car!

By on Friday, May 24, 2013

"Just bought SLK 350. It is very comfortable for a car this size. Love the “hold” function. In traffic just press the break peddle little harder and the car lets you rest your foot. When the roof is up, you can hardly hear any road noise. Living in Boston the “Air scarf” comes very handy, especially on colder nights. The performance is great; it is perfect balance of luxury and performance. Highly recommend it!"

You can and should do better

By on Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Pros: "convertible top"

Cons: "Unreliable and overrated"

"Lots of road noise and be prepared to shell out Jaguar type funds to get features most other competition in this class has standard. Keyless entry package is $6000 since not available solo. Engine light come on frequently, and the dealership will tell you to check gas cap an/or use premium gas. Towed to dealer in first week."

Bought it. Love it. Fun to drive.

By on Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Pros: "Great car for the money."

Cons: "Small trunk. 18" wheels are not for snowy day use."

"Buy it. This is my second SLK. You'll be surprised just how many people stop you in the parking lot asking about the car. It is truly the most fun car you will ever drive. 2-seats are really comfortable. Disclosure: you will have to adapt to to the rather small trunk and the 18" wheels are not recommended for snowy days. At the same time, the hardtop convertible delivers the best of a quiet ride and/or great top-down enjoyment."

Fantastic Vehicle

By on Saturday, May 09, 2015

"Best vehicle i ever owned, Better than the SL Great looking, Handles Great. Sound system and all instruments great, Very comfortable. very maneuverable on the turnpike and in traffic OK you want the negatives? It could be a bit quicker. It is noisy inside. I have never had any repairs needed in 60,000 miles. NONE other than regular maintenance.NO rattles squeaks NONE.This vehicle has held up better than any vehicles I have ever owned and I have had plenty. Even the brakes have not needed new pads and it has 60,,000 miles. Terrific vehicle"

Good Looking Car

By on Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Pros: "There is nothing as sporty on the road as this car"

Cons: "Horsepower: It takes a while to build up speed"

"Of all the luxury cars I have owned, this one gets the most attention. While I'm driving down the street people look and give the thumbs up. While this car is parked in store parking lots people actually stop and look at it. If you don't like being looked at and admired don't get this car. I have never received so much attention in my entire life from a car. It's also fun to drive. I have been very pleased with my purchase. Many people think I paid $100,000 for it because it looks very similar to the $100,000 Mercedes sports car. All the prestige that goes with a very expensive car is definitely apart of this one."

Best Sport Car with little compromise

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

Pros: "Great car, fun to drive"

"This is the car to have combining the best in luxury, comfort and sportiness. It might not be as "tossable" as the Boxster but it is no wimp. It does go fast when pushed and has excellent handling and fun, especially when the roof is down. I cannot say for more. I own for more than 2 years and even today I still keep looking at my car each morning before I drive off to work. Great car and years of enjoyment."

GREAT CAR

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "Stying, dealer service, craftmanship"

Cons: "trunk space"

"Quality car, comfortable and fun to drive. It really turns heads with its classy styling. There are I have the premium I , media, sport packages along with the walnut trim package and wood steering wheel and diamond white paint with beige and white interior, spoiler and glass wind blockers. I bought it off of the showroom floor so there are a couple of option I would have liked such as the lighting package. It is a fun car to drive, fast enough and handles well. I am pleased with my purchase. The Dick Dryer Mercedes in Columbia SC is extremely service minded and has provided excellent service on our other Mercedes and this was a primary reason in purchasing this car. I think they are one of the very few honest dealers in the country. I have had many bad experience's with several dealers in the SC and NC area. So far this has been a terrific car and I am very pleased with my purchase. I looked at Porsche, BMW, Jags, and chose the SLK which met most of my needs. I have 3 other Mercedes and service was the a very important factor in my decision. If I hadn't had such a positive experience with this dealer ship, I would have chosen the Jaguar roadster. This car would be a problem for a tall and large person, but not for me."

I love SLK250, so far so good

By on Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive"

"This car the best,I ever own. It's great handle and design"

Fun to drive, but a little noisier than expected

By on Sunday, May 31, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive; great handling and braking"

Cons: "More road noise than expected; seats are hard"

"I bought an SLK 250 for my wife. She absolutely loves driving it, and she puts the top down every chance she gets. This car is an attention-getter everywhere she goes. It's actually amazing how much attention this car draws. My wife would give it a 10 out of 10 for the fun factor. I would give it 8 out of 10 overall because I find the car to be noisier - both wind noise and road noise - than I anticipated at highway speeds (with the top closed). It's also not as comfortable as I expected from a luxury brand - the seats are kind of hard. However, the engineering that's gone into the retractable hardtop is pretty amazing. A hardtop coupe when closed, and a fun convertible when opened. The best of both worlds as long as you are realistic about some of the compromises that inevitably have to be made for a "hybrid" like this. I also think the engine could use about 30 more horsepower, but my wife says it's just fine. At highway speeds, it has more than enough passing power, but I pine for a little more HP when accelerating from a full stop. The car's handling is top-notch, and the braking ability is impressive. Overall, if you want a convertible, you can't go wrong with this car. And if you really want more horsepower, go for the SLK 350."