2012 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class

Based on 13 Ratings for the 2012 - 2016 models.

9.8/10
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Fun to drive, but a little noisier than expected

By on Sunday, May 31, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive; great handling and braking"

Cons: "More road noise than expected; seats are hard"

"I bought an SLK 250 for my wife. She absolutely loves driving it, and she puts the top down every chance she gets. This car is an attention-getter everywhere she goes. It's actually amazing how much attention this car draws. My wife would give it a 10 out of 10 for the fun factor. I would give it 8 out of 10 overall because I find the car to be noisier - both wind noise and road noise - than I anticipated at highway speeds (with the top closed). It's also not as comfortable as I expected from a luxury brand - the seats are kind of hard. However, the engineering that's gone into the retractable hardtop is pretty amazing. A hardtop coupe when closed, and a fun convertible when opened. The best of both worlds as long as you are realistic about some of the compromises that inevitably have to be made for a "hybrid" like this. I also think the engine could use about 30 more horsepower, but my wife says it's just fine. At highway speeds, it has more than enough passing power, but I pine for a little more HP when accelerating from a full stop. The car's handling is top-notch, and the braking ability is impressive. Overall, if you want a convertible, you can't go wrong with this car. And if you really want more horsepower, go for the SLK 350."

If I could, I'd take back my BMW convertible

By on Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Pros: "Good looking car"

Cons: "features are not user friendly (technology)"

"I wish I never bought this car. Background on me - I've owned a number of different cars ranging from Toyota, JEEP, Saab, MB and BMW. I'm a fan of MB; yet again, I wish I never bought this car. As far as aesthetics, yes, it's a sexy looking car. Driving/handling, it's pretty good, though not as good as my BMW. Why do I hate it? The technology is not only NOT user friendly, but it lacks key features that I've had in my previous cars. Which features? 1) a list of turn by turn directions in the navi system; 2) voice recognition is TERRIBLE - often times cancelling the command; 3) downloading and saving music files is not user friendly and lastly, this is more of an issue with MB versus the SLK, the most basis safety feature of identifying your location in the case of an accident costs nearly $25/month. Deleted the rest of my review as it compared MB to another car manufacturer."

Great Car Except For The Turbo Lag/Overshoot.

By on Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Pros: "Power hard top. Fit and finish. No service issues."

Cons: "Turbo lag/overshoot. Complicated controls."

"Wife drives the car and she loves it. However I have a hard time driving it...a second of serious turbo lag and then a rush of overshoot that makes you back off immediately. Hard for me to drive it without a hurky- jurky on-off throttle response. Nice and quiet inside with the hard top up. Great fit and finish and style looks sexy but the SLK 250 we have is more of a chick car."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next