2010 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class

Based on 142 Ratings for the 2004 - 2012 models.

Mercedes SLK 350

By on Sunday, January 01, 2012

Pros: "Beautiful car!"

Cons: "small, many service issues"

"This is an absolutely beautiful car. I love the look of my car. It handles good. It has much more power than the 280, the smaller engine. The hard top convertible is easy to use. There are no leaks, and I cannot hear wind resistance like soft top convertibles. The car is built for a small person. My brother is 6'5" and cannot drive the car. This vehicle is high maintenance. I drive this vehicle less than 10000 miles each year. It is constantly being serviced a Park Place Mercedes. With and without warranty there has been issues. It is the price of a beautiful car."

Outstanding Driving experience

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

Pros: "Awesome to drive!"

Cons: "Original cup holder location was dumb."

"I ordered this car new and it is the absolute best car I ever bought. I have had several BMWs a couple Porsches and a few domestic vehicles. Striking styling and gets looks all the time. Superb handling and performance. I'm not too excited about the '12 front end styling so I am keeping this car along time. It shares my garage with a vintage Porsche and Hyundai Tiburon (Tibby). Looking to go for a C63 AMG Coupe next but KEEPING the SLK. I didnt tell the Tibby it will be traded in yet, lol."

I LOVE MY CAR!!!

By on Monday, December 05, 2011

Pros: "Hard top, Fun, gas milage, speed, dependable"

Cons: "Expensive, not super comfy"

"This is my third SLK....I have a white 350....I absolutely love them. There is nothing on the road I would rather be driving except maybe a Ferrari California....seriously that's it. This car is so much fun. I live in Southern CA and love going to the beach in it and just driving PCH. I always get thumbs up and one kid even said it looked like a transformer when the top went down. I would never want a soft top again no matter what make. I could go on and on but I give it two big thumbs up :-D"

fun to drive,sticks to the road around turns .

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

Pros: "I love getting into the car and just driving."

Cons: "cup holders are in front of the vents,cools coffee"

"I feel safe in the car,pick up speed is fantastic when getting on the hwy."

Fun, small and economical

By on Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pros: "Fun, practical, easy to drive and park, beautiful."

Cons: "Two seater only, small trunk space."

Just like new!

"This is a great car because it is designed and built with great quality and even after over 12 years since its introduction, is a very up-to-date car in appearance and technology. This is the last year for this design before a new one was introduced, and is the Special Edition model in Brilliant Silver with a Charcoal leather interior. It still draws lots of stares and is a very nice performer on the road. It has the smaller four-cylinder engine with the factory supercharger system that gives plenty of boost when needed while giving nearly 30 mpg. The hardtop convertible feature is very nice and is easy to operate. This allows the car to be used year-round and keeps the interior quiet while the top is up."

Just like new!

Great car

By on Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pros: "dependability, handling and confort"

"Best sports car made. Handling excellent. Performance great. Confort great. Heavier that most similiar makes interstate driving more acceptable and safer for care this size."

great fun vehicle

By on Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive"

"I purchased my 2002 SLK230 as a certified used in 2003 have had only 1 problem and it was cleared up easily and inexpensivly has been great 20 MPG looks great drives great it's my wifes driver and it still looks like new"

I love this little car

By on Sunday, June 12, 2011

Pros: "easy to convert from a full car to the convertible mode. Powerful and stable. Gorgeous looking"

Cons: "No place to put your purse when 2 people occupy the car"

"Great little car. A pleasure to own"

Love it! Great little car.

By on Tuesday, April 19, 2011

"Owned it for one year, plan to keep it for another two then trade up, my husband is 6'7". Kind of a tight fit for him, but perfect for the little woman. Peppy, great on Dallas side streets and highways. Drop the top at a light, cruising in style."

solid mercedes

By on Thursday, March 24, 2011

"bought the launch edition with dual electric seats,AMG suspension and napa leather. mini ferrari scream on the track between 5k and red line. no overt under/over steer,very balanced in the corners,a gem on twisty roads. Retractable roof is an engineering wonder, and perfect. I have owned this car from mile one and she will own me forever. Over 6'2?!! forget it... fits a 5'10 person perfectly."

Gonna Love It!

By on Tuesday, March 22, 2011

"SLK 280 - 6 cyl. 2007 I bought my 2007 SLK 280 used with 9500 miles on it in Feb. 2011 and have put 1,000 miles on it. It is an automatic with manual mode, and has stability control, power seats on both sides with memory, power steering wheel adjustment, power retractable hardtop, decent trunk space (esp. if you keep the top up), manual air, regular audio with 6 CD changer in the glove box, no phone, no nav, no “windscarf,” no heated seats. I test drove a Maxda Miata MX5 (nice) and an RX8 (not so nice). I also drove a Porsche Boxster and Cayman. The Porsche’s are great to drive, but the rear engine noise in the driving compartment was more than I could stand. The SLK gives me nearly equal driving pleasure and more comfort - it is a great blend between performance, handling, and luxury. I previously owned a Lexus SC 300 (more luxury than performance) and a Toyota Supra (great blend). The SLK 280 has plenty of pep, handles like it is on rails (you see this comment in other reviews and it is true), has good driver feedback, handles most bumps satisfactorily, has very good visibility, good ergonomic cockpit position, low wind noise, and eye catching appearance. I get unsolicited comments about now nice it is. While the Mazda was very nice, it won’t turn heads like the SLK and I like that! If I had some do-overs, I would like: automatic climate control, stereo with speakers behind the seats (can’t do post factory), maybe heated seats and the “windscarf” feature behind your neck. If I could get Mercedes to improve the car, they could: put cup holders in the center console and not on the dash above the radio, improve the sound proofing between the driver’s area and the trunk and wheel wells (I added some padding), move the CD changer out of the glove box (it takes up all the room), reduce the noise on the fan unit at higher speeds, add a bit more lumbar support, add just a touch more side view mirror space, provide scratch plates on the front air dam for when you run it up on a curb (it’s low and hits a curb sooner than you think), improve the stiffness of the chassis with the top down over 70 mph. (top up it is smooth at higher speeds, but top down over 70+ creates random vibrations), enable the two rear windows to go up with the fronts while the top is down, equalize the tire sizes to enable rotation. Should you buy this car? Absolutely! I have virtually parked my 2008 Toyota Highlander so I can drive my little red sports car. It just feels good behind the wheel. But, test drive your potential purchase thoroughly. I drove several SLKs and they did not feel the same."

By on Thursday, March 03, 2011

Dream Car

By on Monday, February 14, 2011

"At 42 seeking to recapture the thrill of youth. What a Masterpiece! I love this car. It is everything I always wanted in a car...... good-looking little roadster that's easy to live with. Decent power, very nice handling, excellent seats, better than average quality of materials, ahhhhh and the retractable hardtop. Lets not forget Mercedes cachet. This is not your boring looking Miata, cheap yesterteck Sky / Soltice, Tic-Tac shaped TT, or for that matter the plain spartan interior - big nosed and unreliable Z4. The only car in this category that I would consider over the SLK is the Boxster. But, there are too many on the road and the exterior look is not at par with the SLK."

fun car

By on Friday, January 28, 2011

"fun to drive, good looking car!"

A VERY FUN VEHICLE

By on Tuesday, January 18, 2011

"THIS IS A FUN FUN CAR!!!!!"

By on Sunday, October 31, 2010

Love my SLK!

By on Wednesday, October 27, 2010

"Have had my 2008 SLK for 2 years now. Beautiful to look at, get lots of comments. Gets over 30mpg highway too, with the automatic transmission. Have had no problems and zero complaints. Great car and a keeper!"

By on Saturday, October 09, 2010

By on Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Worst Car EVER

By on Tuesday, September 07, 2010

"Not worth the scrap value. Had this car for 1 year. Nothing but trouble. Emissions problems, alternator, ball joints, and finally the transmission. Will not buy another Mercedes again. I will stay with Japanese imports from now on."

By on Friday, August 20, 2010

SLK-230 Special Edition

By on Monday, August 09, 2010

"Sweet Car - Nice ride - Turns heads"

mercedes slk300

By on Tuesday, August 03, 2010

"I love this car. It's awesome for the summer. Easy to handle and fast. The symbol in the front of the car makes a statement by itself. When the top is down I'm on cloud 9. The wind in my hair. To top it off it's a hardtop. I brought it as a birthday gift to myself. The best present I ever got."

Loved It

By on Wednesday, July 21, 2010

"Awesome car, bought certified not a single mechanical problem. Recently got rear-ended at a stop light (around 35 mph) and it totaled the car. Can't say I wasn't disappointed car didn't hold up better but it was very fun when it lasted."

people staring all the time

By on Tuesday, July 20, 2010

"2006 slk280 6speed. been Driving since 2005. Driver side window rubber gasket defect(I found it before i drove it out from the dealer), They fixed it. After first yr, ceiling started rattling, and somewhere from the bottom it rattles when I step on the gas pedal hard, dealer couldn't fix them. Center console cover popped and dislocated several time. Dealer had to fix it. After 2nd yr brakes made squeak noise dealer said it is normal. After 3rd yr driver heating seat wasn't working, they had to order the part from german. It took one wk but I got a free loaner car. After 4 1/2yr ac isn't working well. I have to turn it off, wait and turn again. It makes little noise when the top is coming up. But i am begging my wife for keeping this car for several more yrs. I love this car. Fast, Stylish, Firm Handling, Really fun to driver. MB dealer service is the top. They treat you as a valuable customer. and You get attention, lots of......."