2009 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class

Based on 142 Ratings for the 2004 - 2012 models.

Best 1 for me

By on Thursday, July 08, 2010

"I have owned many converts - 3 vetts(1953, 1964, 1969), a Fiat Spyder(1981), Transam T top(1991), and a Z28 (1995).. My SLK 280 is by far the best. Top class, quality and overall fun car...."

2004 SLK 230 special edition

By on Thursday, July 01, 2010

"Recently purchased a 2004 SLK 230 Kompressor special edition. The car is sharp looking, the turbo really delivers power for a 4-cyl. The special paint, wheels, interior are much better than the base model. I enjoy diving the car, and the convertible hardtop is the driving factor for the purchase. Good gas mileage and quality. I would recommend to anyone who is at that time in life to have something just for husband/wife after the kids leave home. I use it for couple's time, just me and the wife to drive, listen to music and talk."

By on Sunday, June 20, 2010

Best car I have ever bought!

By on Sunday, May 16, 2010

"The car is amazing i just recently bought a 2008 special edition slk 280 brand new and I love it! The airscarf is the coolest thing ever. Overall very good value for the money cheap to keep up very safe for the kids comfortable stylish strong but not race car performance amazing quality car! I actually would recommend buying the special edition for a little extra it is really worth it trust me they fixed up all the features inside of it. It is a must buy!!!!"

balanced sport car

By on Monday, February 15, 2010

"I have had my slk350 for few years. I had BMWs (incl. M3, M5) Porsche (late 90s 911), Honda NSX, S2000, MB (currently SLK350, E550 4matic), and few other sports/sporty cars. SLK was my 2nd car after an other MB sedan. Obviously, the car is not built for bad weather. I can't drive automatic due to personal preference., but I had chance to drive the 7spd model and it was flawless. My SLk350 is 6spd w/ full opt. It drives better than expected and the manual trans is much better than ever expected(very smooth, felt like driving a japanese sport car). Plan on trading up to SLK55 when the 2012 model comes around. Negatives are small storage, no lumber support seat, noise when top is up. MB services are good, but some issues are difficult to solve since they don't seem to understand SLK as much as typical C, E or S-class. I see people complain about getting in, its not bad considering the nature of the vehicle. Try getting into NSX which was only 46" tall and I felt like falling on to ground everytime I was getting in. Compare to other high end sport cars like Corvette, Ferraris, Lambo, its very comfortable car. But then, I dont drive more than 1 hour one way."

By on Monday, February 08, 2010

By on Sunday, January 24, 2010

Great Little Car

By on Thursday, January 14, 2010

"This car really turns heads. I bought vehicle new and have enjoyed it since day one."

SLK 350

By on Sunday, November 29, 2009

"Nice looking, well built, very noisy on road whether top is up or down, absolutly no storage space in cockpit, Trunk is roomy for the type vehicle with the top up and actually has usable space with the top down. Fun car to drive."

amg 32

By on Thursday, October 08, 2009

"best sports vehicle i have ever owned seems to be a head turner"

By on Thursday, September 24, 2009

PROUD TO OWN IT

By on Tuesday, September 15, 2009

"05 SLK350 LOADED W/ALL OPTIONS,STRONG ACCELERATION,GREAT HANDLING,STUNNING LOOKS AND STYLING. WISH IT HAD SPEAKERS BETWEEN THE SEATS OVER STORAGE CONSOLE. REPLACED MY SOLSTICE WITH THIS,THAT WAS FUN,THIS IS CLASS. IM PROUD THAT I CAN DRIVE THIS ONE OUT OF THE OFFICE PARKING LOT AT QUITTING TIME. WILL UPGRADE TO 55 AMG SERIES IN A YEAR OR SO. TREAT YOURSELF TO ONE,YOU WILL NOT BE SORRY."

Mercedes SLK 350

By on Wednesday, August 26, 2009

"I love my car! The only thing I don't like is that the integrated phone isn't already hooked up when your purchase the car and it doesn't have heated seats. Other than that, I love it! I've always had BMW's before and will never go back. Mercedes in my new choice of car."

NO GOOD .....

By on Friday, July 03, 2009

"I, just bought this car, and its already falling apart. the seats are made cheap. there's things wrong already with it. i'am not happy to see these problem's with this car for being bran new."

By on Friday, June 19, 2009

2004 SLK Special Edition

By on Friday, May 29, 2009

"This car was supposed to keep me from getting a motorcycle - that didn't work, I got the bike too. We looked at the Corvette, the new ones cost far too much, and the used ones looked beat up. We then looked at a used BMW Z3, but the top "sucks up" in the aerodynamics and looks goofy. On the lot, they had a used (2003) SLK, so I looked at it. It was fine, but the price was high, so much so that the price of a 2004 one was a better deal to me, so we bought a new 2004, last model year of this body style. We had the infamous tail light problem, but the well known recall took care of that, but not without some stress about it NOT being covered first. Then some funky, off the wall problems developed with electrical issues. To this day, I might sit in the car, start it up, and the left overhead light won't work, but the right one does. Forever, I never really thought about it, but a week or so ago, the turn signals would not work at all, but they did just moments before (I had turned off, and restarted the car between delivering stuff to clients). When I got home, I tried to check out the fuses (which are under the hood in front of the driver) and I did not see anything obviously wrong. When I got back in the car, both of the overhead lights worked, and so did the turn signals - I had done nothing! The left overhead light went out again today, I lowered, then raised the roof, and the darn thing worked again. Sometimes a light out warning will shine on the dash, like when the problem with the tail lights was going on, but other times it doesn't. Other than the freaky "My mother the car" ghostly occurrences, and one freaky shutting off for no reason when stepping on the gas situation, the car basically runs great. Sometimes the idle is rough. I call it "tumbling" but it is as if the car will stall out, but it never has. This is the very first thing I ever noticed. The tail light thing had me hating the car for a while, but with the recall fix, I liked the car again. The way I tell my wife is that when the stuff on the car works - I absolutely love it. The little four cylinder car really moves out, the handling is sweet and the car just feels solid. I only drop the roof down in evening hours, the sun here is far too bright for top down driving in the sun, but on cool evenings, it is great. Being the last model year in this body style is something I enjoy, and the car gets admiring looks, which is nice. Over all, with the total experience that I have had with this car, knowing what I know now, I would NOT have purchased it. It is a fun car, I have really enjoyed it - for the most part, but I'm done with that now. I really love my Honda Civic, ten years old, it still gets 30 MPG (SLK gets about 22), and is running strong. The SLK wouldn't be able to do what the Civic has. With that, it has been a really fun car to drive around in. I would NOT recommend a Mercedes Benz, unless that is absolutely what you want. What I would recommend is that you really identify what you want your car for, and what you expect from it. I expect incredible economy, reliability and affordability. I like my car to be die hard bullet proof in reliability, every Honda I have ever owned has been just that, this car, while fun, is not. It is what it is, a topless runabout for fun. If you have the cash for that, and don't need economy or die hard reliability, and want a hard top convertible, this is a fun car to do that with. I have owned this car from it's first day off the lot. Hope that is helpful."

Buyers remorse

By on Monday, April 27, 2009

"I have owned the SLK 280 for two years, and while I do enjoy the top down ride, there are too many other factors that are pushing me to return this car after the lease expires. Small stuff: 2 poorly place cup holders. No lit keys on the phone pad. Little trunk space with top up or down. Difficult to get in and out of. Insane service prices ($300 oil change!). Big stuff: the 280 is just not quick. Slips and slides and hydro-planes in a light rain!"

Perfect two seater convertible

By on Tuesday, April 14, 2009

"Purchased one of the first 350slk's. I don't typically buy the first model year but I was too excited to wait. I was not disappointed! The car is fun to drive in any road conditions including ice and snow. The weight and the computer limited slip feature keeps you going in a straight line. For fun in dry weather you are able disable the limited slip making for some fun rubber burning starts. The engine has a great purr, especially with the top down, adding to the experience. The overall experience has been great. I have not needed one extra service, only the scheduled ones, for anything wrong (current mileage 26,000). This is a great car for the person that appreciates a two-seater convertible that has power and handling along with head turning looks. The car is a great value compared to others in this category. It is my intention to keep this car for at least 10 years. This is quite a change as I normally by a new car every year or two. Does it compare to the 1996 911 that I previously owned? No! It is however, a close second for a min. of a $30,000 savings. Great compromise in the 50K range."

Can not wait to trade it

By on Wednesday, March 25, 2009

"Engine has loud knock when first started. Service Dept. reply was (drive it on the highway more). Don't really hear it !!!!!!! Seats are hard, bad interrior smell, brakes feel like you are not going to stop, paint bad. Bought this SLK 280 new in December 08 and has 1,511 miles on it. 50K car and now worth less than 30K, real value don't you think? My wife will not drive it. Very disapointed with this vehicle"

fun car

By on Sunday, March 22, 2009

"this is the second slk. great fun car."

By on Saturday, March 21, 2009

"Neat little car. Turns heads and has been dpendable."

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I love it

By on Sunday, March 08, 2009

"I bought this car for my wife after having a Mustang GT for 12 years. I was looking for something sporty with a convertible top. When I took her for a test drive I immediately fell in love with the power though it only has a 4 cylinder engine. The style and looks of this car are great and it gets looks everywhere my wife goes. I don't know if it is because she is a beautiful woman or it is the car, but it gets looks everywhere we go. Fun to drive and great performance. I am sold!"

Great manuverability

By on Saturday, February 21, 2009

"This is my third Mercedes Benz after a 2007 C280 4matic and a 2006 ML 350. Of the three it is the most fun to drive with excellent acceleration and manuverability. The styling mimics the much more expensive McLauren Mercedes. Not a great "winter" car, but this should be your 2nd or 3rd car anyway. The extra features available such as the burl walnut steering wheel and dash really make the car a standout!"

It's the best ride I ever owned!!!

By on Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"It's simply the best! I just love the way it looks and the way it runs. No problem I have had with SLK during my ownership. It really makes you love to drive for no reason other than just drive it!"