• New Car Buyer's Guides
  • The 40+ MPG Cars of 2015

2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class

Based on 146 Ratings for the 2004 - 2012 models.

I love it!!

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

"I really love this car. Ok it's not the most practical car I've ever had but it's the most fun and certainly turns heads!! Having said that it has a lot of little storage compartments inside for its size and with the top up the trunk isn't a bad size for a 2 seater sports. It is a beautiful car to look at, goes like a bullet and handles really well - sticks to the road like glue!!. Considering how firm the suspension needs to be for the car it is, the ride is pretty smooth and not a bone shaker at all. I get very good mpg (20 local and 25 highway) for the car it is and much better than my BMW 330ci gave me. So yes I love it and would fully recommend one to anyone."

Nice pocket rocket

By on Monday, July 16, 2007

"I've had this car since Dec 2004. Other than regular service it's been in the shop only once for a Check Engine light. Only other problem is that the top groans and creaks over bumps. This is not normally a problem except that I live off a dirt road that is like a washboard after rains and snows. The cockpit sounds like the engine room of the QE2. The car looks terrific and really moves when you ask it. I actually like it better than the SL class. Only major complaint is there is about 1 cu ft of free space in the cabin and only a few more in the trunk with the top down. It makes anything but a weekend trip pretty impractical. Heck, there isn't even space in the cabin for the owner's manual. Also, the funky material MB used for the soft touch surfaces on the dash etc., scuffs if you even glance in its direction. What were they thinking? It can be cleaned with a microfiber cloth and I think they replaced it in later years. The seats are reasonably comfortable but there isn't much room for adjustment and they really need lumbar support for long trips."

Best car I've ever owned!

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pros: "A fun car. A convertible that's practical."

"Always wanted a Mercedes and now that I have one I wish I had bought it years ago. Everything about it spells quality. It's not the sportiest car I've owned but it does pamper you. Being tall has kept me out of many sports cars. This one fits! It's very good about sipping gas on the highway. I've reached 30 mpg on several occasions."

By on Saturday, August 11, 2007

"The 2007 model is extremely stylish. It is a head turner and a keeper. I have experienced no problems in the year I have owned. The only complaint is the location of the cup holder. It is directly above the radio/cd player. The cabin contains room for me and my purse. Best looking model to date."

Fun, small and economical

By on Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pros: "Fun, practical, easy to drive and park, beautiful."

Cons: "Two seater only, small trunk space."

Just like new!

"This is a great car because it is designed and built with great quality and even after over 12 years since its introduction, is a very up-to-date car in appearance and technology. This is the last year for this design before a new one was introduced, and is the Special Edition model in Brilliant Silver with a Charcoal leather interior. It still draws lots of stares and is a very nice performer on the road. It has the smaller four-cylinder engine with the factory supercharger system that gives plenty of boost when needed while giving nearly 30 mpg. The hardtop convertible feature is very nice and is easy to operate. This allows the car to be used year-round and keeps the interior quiet while the top is up."

Just like new!