2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class

Based on 169 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

Great little sports car, great value.

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Pros: "Reliability, convertible hardtop, gas mileage"

Cons: "Performance & handling below some sports cars"

"I've owned a lot of sports cars and this is a fun little car with great gas mileage. It doesn't have the acceleration,handling, and fun factor as a Porsche Boxster but makes up for that with reliability over the boxster. The retractable hardtop can have issues with operation. Possible issues can be cables and connections. I do all my own maintenance and repair."

I love the SLK230 so much I am buying another one.

By on Sunday, April 07, 2013

"I am the original owner and bought it as the first one made for the USA! I love it so much I am getting a new one in 2014! I have 68,400 miles on this one! I wouldnt even get another car except my company benefits qaualify me for a new car and it is the only one I really enjoy driving out several autos I own."

LOTS OF SMALL SPORTS CAR BANG FOR THE BUCK!!!!!

By on Thursday, October 22, 2015

Pros: "CLASSY. FUN.INEXPENSIVE TO BUY GREAT LOOKS"

Cons: "SMALL, NO ROOM TO HAUL ANYTHING. 2 SEATS ONLY"

"THIS CAR IS A GREAT CAR FOR SOMEONE WHO WANTS SPORTY.CLASSIC STATUS AND GETS LOTS OF COMPLIMENTARY ATTENTION. PRICE IS VERY INEXPENSIVE TO BUY FOR THE STATUS IT REPRESENTS. IT IS A VERY GOOD LOOKING CAR TOP UP OR DOWN. IT IS A VERY SOLID CAR.TOP UP IT IS A VERY NICE SMALL COUPE. TOP DOWN LOTS OF ATTENTION. YOU LOOK LIKE YOU SPENT A LOT OF $ AND DID NOT BREAK THE BANK. MOST PEOPLE THINK IT IS A MUCH NEWER CAR THAN IT IS!! I FIND IT DRIVES PRETTY GOOD. NO RATTLES OR SQUEEKS REALITIVLY SMOOTH RIDE FOR SUCH A SMALL CAR. GREAT PICK UP! VERY CLASSY SPORTS CAR"

Love this car

By on Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pros: "Hard top convertible, sleek, aerodynamic, low mile"

Cons: "No CD but it's 1998 with low miles"

"My 2000 Ford Explorer was giving me problem so I decided to look for another car. I found this beauty of a car that was priced for $9995. It's a 1998 with only 39K miles when I bought it. YES, 39K MILES. I felt like I just bought a new SLK Mercedes for under $10K. It runs perfectly. I bought from a used car lot dealer who claims the previous/original owner was a doctor who never used it. I scored big time on this car and it runs perfectly."

Great car

By on Thursday, May 14, 2009

"This is the 3rd convertible I have owned and first hard-top. Love the fact that I can be protected in rough weather. Quiet on freeway with top up. Love driving back roads with the top down. Great mileage - 25 mpg with the 320 V-6. I have the same engine in my 1998 ML320 and have 140K trouble-free miles. Yes, it is small but the handling is great. Wife loves the tip-tronic automatic. Would definitely buy another."