2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class

Based on 158 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

Owned since new. Never stranded.Always fun to driv

By on Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Pros: "Hard top convertible. great gas mileage."

Cons: "Slightly under powered."

"This car has been a joy to own. No major problems. Always ready to go. One computer fault affecting the convertible top, replaced and all is fine. Reason for selling. Bought a Lotus Evora."

Relaxed commuter or boy racer

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "Handling and a creation."

Cons: "CD player skips."

"An all round practical daily car which transforms to a capable sports car with a push of an accelerator"

Great car!

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2014

"I've had this car for over 12 years and have loved it. No problems with anything mechanical and drives great."

Sportcar

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Pros: "see Complete review"

"Sportcar qualities. Hardtop convertable. Excelent handling, new tires. Paint in top condition. cup holder, Cassete holder"

Great Sports Car for the Money!!!

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, Fun, timeless look, Value for money."

"I absolute love these cars! I've owned 3 (98,99 and now a 2001 230 Kompressor) and will continue to buy them as long as I am living and Mercedes continues to make SLK's. All three SLK 230's I've owned had been extremely reliable! If you don't believe it, Google the top 100 reliable cars of the last decade, and the SLK will be number 25 on the list. One thing to keep in mind is that the car is relatively small, so there is not much to go wrong. Also there aren't many unnecessary electronic gizmos that typically go wrong when they get old. Now, I am not saying that these cars never have problems, but never has this car, or my previous SLK's left me stranded. I've only had the Mass Air Flow Sensor go out, and that's typical when these cars get higher mileage on them. Bottom line is take care of the car, and it will take care of you. Next the Performance is great for a 4 cylinder. Its supercharged (Kompressor) so the pick is good. Don't expect to take on V8 mustangs, nissan 350/370Z and Infiniti G's and so forth. I not one that is a show off, but This car gets a lot of attention and compliments from people even though its over 10 years old. It's funny, I've owned BMW's Volvo's and never got strangers to approach me and ask me questions like they do with the SLK. If your need a lot of space don't buy this car as a daily driver. The truck is big for it's size, but the car is still small. If you are looking for a hardcore sports car then look elsewhere. This car handles and drives great, but don't expect to have the driving dynamics of a Porsche or Ferrari. Over all, its a terrific car to own. If you buy one, make sure it was loved and taken care of."