2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class

Based on 157 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

Great empty nest car

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2007

"I'm in my late forties and a five time grandmother. I bought this car when my youngest son left for the military. I drove it home with the top down and loved it. Four years and 60000 miles later, I still love it. It requires little maintenance and since they fixed that blasted brake light problem, I've been driving like the queen I am. For the young or the young at heart, this is the car for you."

Great car for everything

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2007

"This car performs and looks great. I bought this car with 112,000 miles from family member who owned it since new. It has 125,000 miles now and with proper care and scheduled maintenance, I believe the car will last for a long time. I had minor problems like engine coil was loosed and had to be tighten, trunk struts replaced, and of course there are routine maintenance and fair and wear replacement that need to be performed like replacing tires and oil changes. Other minor issue I wish I could fix is that the center console plastic/rubber coating is coming off and there is nothing I know to fix it. Other than that I have no complains. I love driving this car, I wish it came with 6 cylinder but it has enough power and good gas mileage to offset the bigger engine requirement. The car is not for long drive over 1 hour, but can be done with frequent stops and rest. As long as this car is taken care of, the car will last for a long time. This car was built solid. Because of this car's performance, reliability, and value. I'm considering purchasing another SLK."

Great car!

By on Monday, October 01, 2007

"I purchased this car used from a private party with less than 10k miles. I've had it for over 4 years now and have had NO major issues. I'm over 100k miles now and it still runs perfectly. I would reccomend this car to anyone looking for a vehicle in this class - it's been a dream! Some minor interior issues with the "coating" on the center console (it tends to peel in areas), but I believe that's been corrected on newer models."

By on Tuesday, September 25, 2007