2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class

Based on 157 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

Great fun car.

By on Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pros: "Fun, convertible, peppy, gas mileage"

Cons: "expensive to maintain when something goes wrong."

"Great fun car. When something goes wrong, however, it is expensive to fix. Runs and drives great, very good gas mileage (approximately 32 mpg on highway, 26 mpg in town). Handles very well and is very fun to drive. Trunk is small when top is down, but plenty big enough when the top is up. Not good for a bag of golf clubs."

Best Car EVER!

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pros: "everything is awesome about this car"

Cons: "Jealous fools will vandalize it"

"I love my baby Benz. Unfortunately some jealous idiot put sugar in her gas tank and she is in hospital. I am so sad. Hopefully they can save her and we will be off on another adventure together. This car handles like a dream,best ride ever."

Overall-Great car

By on Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pros: "handles great, fun, good for single life!"

Cons: "no luggage space, cd player in trunk had to replac"

"I got mine as a present to myself after 12 years of marriage. I had a headon car wreck and honestly believe that this car helped save my life! It talked me thru the accident! Was in the repair shop for over 6 months--in fact it should have been totaled after spending over 12K on it Now it's constantly in the alignment shop for the bent frame and I probably just chose the wrong repairman to do the job! It's my favorite to drive but the top has an alignment problem which takes away from the car. And oh yeah, one of the 3 computers stopped functioning which operates the dome lights but being a 2 seater, it's nearly impossible to not see anyone in it! It's great on gas mileage especially if you keep the oil changed! If I could afford a new one, I would buy it and have my name put on the windshield!"

My car is awesome! 1st year slk turbo charged fun!

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pros: "Fast and fun"

"I think I will keep her another 20 years. At which point in time she will still will not even be broken in for a Mercedes Benz - first year 230 SLK - also #10 purchaser in Oregon!!! Love her -garaged for life and pampered."

GREAT CAR BUT BE SPECIFIC WHEN BUYING ONE!

By on Saturday, December 03, 2011

Pros: "Great on gas and is very flashy"

Cons: "YOU WILL NEED TO REPAINT THE INTERIOR***"

"The car is a total blast and gets thumbs up everywhere I go. Mechanically the car is great. Disregard all the comments about the transmission going out. Most likely a sensor has went out or the fluid was never changed. The trans and engine are reliable as long as they are maintained. Beware**** you will have to re-paint the interior sometime in the life of the car. Almost all SLK'S are notorious for peeling paint. I just finished mine and it took me a good week to remove and re-paint the whole interior, but it was well worth it. I would also recommend using COLORBOND to repaint the interior. Man, this paint is like it came down from the heavens. No joke it is that good."

very cool little car

By on Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pros: "awesome freaking car"

Cons: "just that it's very small"

"great driver, lots of power and fun. very dependable awesome car."

I love it, Great fun to drive.

By on Tuesday, November 29, 2011

"With the top down I love to drive it. Very good performance and handling. Expensive to repair but it's a Mercedes."

Nice car, some good, some bad.

By on Friday, November 25, 2011

Pros: "Paint, interior, ride, safety. One solid machine."

Cons: "Roof, Transmission, electrical system, support"

"Interior and exterior are everything you would expect from MB. The car is super fun to drive and handles like you would expect for an expensive car. Mechanically its a dog. Super expensive parts and virtually no support from MB aside from the dealer who is completely out of his mind pricewise. The transmission went 79000. The Hydrolic hardtop, which is great when it works, requires constant repair, it leaks fluid like a seive, and the parts for it are ungodly expensive. Many electrical problems over the years including a tailight recall that took the dealer a solid month to sort out. A fun weekend car to go out to dinner with but I would never intentionally buy another Mercedes product again."

great car, looks nice and drives smooth

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, looks great"

Cons: "small seating area, not for all sizes"

"I got this car a few years back and have put a lot of miles on it -- I have had no major issues with the vehicle, it handles great -- sometimes I don't realize how great it handles until I get a rental car and notice the difference."

best vehicle ever

By on Saturday, November 12, 2011

"great car, the hardtop convertible is a great feature"

good condition

By on Monday, November 07, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Long trips uncomfortable"

"good car."

Great little convertable!

By on Friday, November 04, 2011

Reason: Warranty Expired.

Pros: "Great looking, classy yet sporty, quick."

Cons: "Repair costs without a warranty, gas tank $$$"

"This is such a beautiful car and it drives so well. The obvious feature of the hardtop convertable is so nice to have. When its up, its a coupe. When its down, its a convertable. Its quick, handles great, and its an eye catcher. It looks great in red! Please, please buy a warranty. You'll drop a couple grand on one simple repair without one and they do break. Its the simple little features on the car that break and you can barely drive it them being broken. Yes, in 2011 there are still great warranties for these cars, you just need to know who to buy the car from. I sold mine because my warranty expired. I'm going to buy another one in the next year or two. I miss it."

One of the most fun cars I've ever owned.

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pros: "Cute, quiet and fast."

Cons: "Silly place for a cup holder."

"I have completely enjoyed my car. It is fun, cute, and responsive. Having owned rag tops and hard tops, I recommend a hard top every time. They are quieter and, in my experience, are less likely to leak over time. The only thing about the interior I don't like is the location of the cup holder. It is situated in the dash above the radio. If a lot of condensation (or a leaky coffee cup) drips onto the radio, it sometimes makes the radio act up until it dries out. The car is so much fun to drive that this minor irritation is not a big deal. I just put my cup in the pouch on the door."

Original owner, nice sports car.

By on Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pros: "still very sharp looking and runs perfectly."

Cons: "15 yrs old with high mileage"

"bought new, it still looks that way. Very well maintained."

Finally got to own my dream car!

By on Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pros: "So much fun to drive; convertible roof is so convenient, comfortable ride for a small person."

Cons: "peeling dashboard, difficult to adjust drivers seat (manually adjust), cheap radio"

"I have always wanted an SLK230 and finally was able to buy one (used) in 2009. It's a 1999 and only had 38,000 miles on it. I love the look of this car. I really love driving it as well. The hard-top convertible roof is a wonderful thing. Obviously, this is a very small car, and not good for toting anything big around or getting more than one other person in it. Though I loved this car, I must say I had alot of trouble with mine. Thank goodness I bought the extended warranty. I had the following repairs done within the 2-1/2 years I've owned it, and most were covered under the extended warranty. The transmission went out, the roof and windows leaked when it rained (and still do), the roof also leaked some kind of fluid (hydraulic?) into the liner of the roof and all had to be replaced, one headlight wouldn't stay in place and while driving one day, it flew out and a car drove over it (not covered by warranty - dealer wanted $400; I found a new headlight for $88 on the internet). The rear-view mirror has some sort of dark substance (fluid?) in it that takes up the bottom half of the mirror, making it difficult to see out of, but the dealer wants $300 for a new mirror, and I'm not willing to pay that. Several other small things happened, but right now it's in the shop because the convertible roof is stuck in the open position and I can't get it closed. As I said, thank goodness for the extended warranty. The Benz dealership has been great each time I had to take it in so because I didn't have to shell out much cash (except $75 deductible for each time), I'm not as unhappy as I'd have been if I wasn't covered. I don't think I'll buy another Benz, though I had alot of fun in this one!!!"

I love my SLK230!

By on Friday, June 24, 2011

Pros: "Love to drive this car!! Convertible is quick and easy, gas mileage is awesome!"

Cons: "cup holder is in weird spot and chipping on console (but still love it)"

"I bought my (preowned) 2002 SLK230 in 2002 with 4,000 miles and now have over 124,k on this car. I love it! I am not a technical person at all... I take the car in when the light tells me to. Once the warranty expired, it costs me about $900-1000 a year to maintain. Not a bad trade off considering the gas mileage, even for this older model is 30mpg on the freeway! The only challenge I have is the console paint is chipping in one area only (by emergency brake). I blamed it on my little dog until I read another review that has the same issue. Other than this, the car has been PERFECT!! It is reliable, I've driven it across the states 3 x with no worries at all. I'll miss this car when she's gone."

Great car - but more show than go.

By on Wednesday, May 25, 2011

"We bought a '99 230 SLK Sport from the dealer - came off-lease after 3 years with 22k on it. Overall very very happy with the car. On the plus side: quality is excellent; the convertible hard-top is excellent (will probably never be able to not have one); Styling is great (sport model) and still looks fresh. Reliability has been very good but the compressor clutch went a few years back and ended up going to the dealer which wasn't cheap 1.3k - but it's been 9 years and that was the only repair. There is a known issue with the roof sensors' dust boots where the roof won't work on hot days because they expand an block the sensor. Dealer wanted 2-3hours work but I dropped the headliner and cut them off with a razor blade as directed - 45 minutes and no problem since. The car drives well and has a solid feel but it is not a true sports car: underpowered and steering is inprecise. Neverthless it is a blast to scoot around in and I have received many unsolicited comments from total strangers on the car. There is also a known issue with rubbery plastic coating on the center console and some other inside parts pealing off. This has started on our car but is not too bad. Overall, the car is a lot of fun and the roof is amazing."

By on Friday, May 06, 2011

By on Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Loving my SLK!!

By on Friday, April 29, 2011

"I absolutely love my SLK in every way. I have had it over 5 years now and it is still just as amazing as when i first got it. I am looking for a new body shape SLK to replace my current one as I think they are so awesome. My SLK230 get's great gas mileage while still has excellent acceleration and handles just how a sports car should. Good work Mercedes! The only issue I have had with the car is the paint that they used inside (mine is grey inside) as it falls off - this was the only bad choice Mercedes made. Hopefully you can find one with a black inside that has not been painted."

Amazing Vehicle

By on Monday, April 11, 2011

"My dad bought this car and I got to drive it around a few times. After he passed and I got his vehicle, I drove it some more but couldn't all of the time because I am pregnant with my second child. I am selling his car now, but I will always love my dad's baby. :)"

By on Sunday, March 06, 2011

Fun

By on Sunday, March 06, 2011

"Having this car to drive to work makes going to work worth while. I love this car; it makes me happy. Wish I could drive it in the snow, I miss it while it's in storage!"

Mercedes 2001 slk 320

By on Saturday, February 12, 2011

"The car drives like a dream one and is nicest convertibles I've owned."

By on Saturday, January 29, 2011