2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class

Based on 159 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

My lowest mileage 1999 SLK in the USA

By on Friday, August 02, 2013

Pros: "Looks, performance, weather-proof top."

Cons: "Trunk is small w/top down"

"I ordered this car from Germany to get the Special Red "Salsa" interior with a manual 5 speed. Silver with 2 custom pinstrips thin red to match red interior and red valve cover. Front end bra and heated seats. I became disabled and have not driven it in 8-9 years. Waxed and clean and in the garage covered with ONLY 17,000. original one owner miles. I am 6 ft 3 in and 230 lbs and it was the only car in its class that I had plenty of room (as all Mecedes are). I could not get into a Por. Boxter literally !! I would like to have the dealer go though the car and get a battery and it will be a pure classic for someone. I have spent hours looking for one with less mileage on the internet and it simply does not exist. Not a spot on this car inside or out. With the top up the SLK is rated to have a bigger trunk than a Bmw 3 series sedan !! With the top down (inside the trunk) the trunk can only handle a couple bags or you can stuff things under the top. My car will end up as a preserved SLK in a time capsule saved for a future example of 20th century autos. (unless you find me and buy it)"

Great car!

By on Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Pros: "Fun, reliable, no problems w reg maint."

Cons: "Fake leather, stiff ride"

"Have never had any problems with this car! My only complaint is the fake leather that was sprayed on in the interior. Once it starts to rub off, that's it! Makes it look icky inside. Otherwise....sharp car! Definitely turns heads!"

Very eye-catching vehicle

By on Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Pros: "head turner...lots of compliments"

"Head turner very classy and stll maintain appearance"

I love the SLK230 so much I am buying another one.

By on Sunday, April 07, 2013

"I am the original owner and bought it as the first one made for the USA! I love it so much I am getting a new one in 2014! I have 68,400 miles on this one! I wouldnt even get another car except my company benefits qaualify me for a new car and it is the only one I really enjoy driving out several autos I own."

Great little sports car, great value.

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Pros: "Reliability, convertible hardtop, gas mileage"

Cons: "Performance & handling below some sports cars"

"I've owned a lot of sports cars and this is a fun little car with great gas mileage. It doesn't have the acceleration,handling, and fun factor as a Porsche Boxster but makes up for that with reliability over the boxster. The retractable hardtop can have issues with operation. Possible issues can be cables and connections. I do all my own maintenance and repair."

AMAZING!

By on Thursday, November 08, 2012

Pros: "A Classic Beauty Never Fades! Revolutionary"

Cons: "Nothing its a perfect car"

"Off the line the SLK-230 can outrun a Porsche boxster hands down. In the late 1990s mercedes innovation created the SLK and advanced it even further into the early 2000's model The 2001 Anniversary Birthday edition is the best car, most fun car I have driven. I have 15 Cars from BMW, Maserati, to Toyota Prius. Out of all ALL of the cars that I have the Mercedes Benz SLK 230 has the best handling (it makes the others feel like ou are driving a battleship)... The 4Cyl supercharges engin performs as if you have a 6cyl under the hood and the off the line torque is inaccurate in its original specs I work at Edwards and did a spec test. It tests out at 210 HP 190Lb Ft TQ- In my opinion if YOU HAVE this car save it hold onto it because it will BE one of those cars that people WANT to have much like the Mercedes 190SL but can't... My only complaint is I do wish It had a slightly bigger trunk but other than that I cant see any reason to ever have another everyday driver... Average speeds around my area are standard on the freeway traffic at 80-100MPH which it holds at perfectly unlike my BMW and Maserati. For the current prices these cars are going for I think it is grossly underpriced. Im planning to snatch up another one before they skyrocket. Ive worked for gooding and Company for 35 years. This roadster holds true to the CLASSICS!"

You'll ejoy this car - have it inspected by MB

By on Monday, October 15, 2012

Pros: "Fun, stylish hard-top convert and so inexpensive"

Cons: "trunk space"

"SLK, Boxter, Z4, or S2000 ....that's a common question. The SLK is the winner. Conservative but elegant styling, luxury/sporty driver, hardtop, and very reliable. Be certain to have MB conduct a pre-purchase inspection in addition to to CARFAXing the vehicle. These are wonderful cars but like all in their class there can be minor issues with ome and you can easily avoid them. You'll always crave the Boxter, "there is no substitute", but the SLK is a worthy compromise. Really enjoy the SLK and you will too."

WORST CAR EVER!! My dream turned into my nightmare

By on Friday, October 12, 2012

Pros: "was fun to drive with the top down while it lasted"

Cons: "falling apart not designed or built well at all"

"Has to many problems to list. Top got stuck down and rear windows will not go up headliner is comming off, door panals are glued on and fell off,interiour and exterior paint is peeling off. Car never ran right will not pass emissions. Radio will not work heat and air has messed up.My dream car has turned into my nightmare, paid $17,000 for it and only got 2 good years out of it before all the problems started. Will NEAVER own another Mercedes. Save yourself the trouble and heart ach."

Well buid and fun rideding car

By on Saturday, July 21, 2012

"The car is ererytning that I dreamed of. Great handeling and offfers a lot of satety extras. Styel, fast. Clean extrerier looking as well internal dash well lit. The Meredce-Benz"

Wonderful handling and great fun to drive.

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

"Perfect "girlie" car. Tall men will not fit in here but for a petite to medium sized women this is a wonderful car to drive. Having the top down is a wonderful experience. I have had this car for three years, no problems and enjoyed it as a second car."