2000 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class

Based on 170 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

best car I ever owned

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

Pros: "Superior fit and finish-fast-economical-dependable"

"Bought this new in 1/02. Best car I have ever owned-believe it or not-only one repair for the "high" setting on a drivers heated seat when new. No other repair! Love the Flame Red color with Charcoal leather. Still get thumbs up and people asking about it when I take it out for a spin. Excellent gas mileage and Bose Stereo is still the best. Never owned a car so long-no plans on selling anythime soon."

Great little convertable!

By on Friday, November 4, 2011

Reason: Warranty Expired.

Pros: "Great looking, classy yet sporty, quick."

Cons: "Repair costs without a warranty, gas tank $$$"

"This is such a beautiful car and it drives so well. The obvious feature of the hardtop convertable is so nice to have. When its up, its a coupe. When its down, its a convertable. Its quick, handles great, and its an eye catcher. It looks great in red! Please, please buy a warranty. You'll drop a couple grand on one simple repair without one and they do break. Its the simple little features on the car that break and you can barely drive it them being broken. Yes, in 2011 there are still great warranties for these cars, you just need to know who to buy the car from. I sold mine because my warranty expired. I'm going to buy another one in the next year or two. I miss it."

GREAT Little machine

By on Wednesday, January 5, 2011

"I bought my 2003 SLK230 (second one) in 2006 with 25K miles on it and just love to drive it. I'm 70 now and decided to get it as my last car. It is everything I need in a car; small, economical, sharp looker, and a cool convertible! But beware of two things; First, maintenance is expensive at the dealership (they are always upselling service) and Mercedes wiggled out of the extended warranty that came with the car because I bought it from a non-approved (non MB) dealer. Why that should degrade the car is beyond me????"

Road Hugger

By on Thursday, July 15, 2010

"I recently purchased a SLK 230 from the original owner. It had over 200K miles on it but, it was still tight and did not leak a drop of oil. This is an amazing vehicle."

Still looks great!

By on Wednesday, August 26, 2009

"I bought my 2001 SLK in 2005 with 40K miles. Currently I'm at 150K miles commuting approx. 100 miles daily. No maintenance until I went just over 100K miles (when warranty expried, of course). That year I had two $2K repairs plus the 12K mile maintenance which I always have the dealer take care of. Although a bit on the expensive side for maintenance and it hasn't held value real well, I would still recommend this fun little car. I drive mountain freeways and have to compete with large freight trucks. There is plenty of power (even uphill) to get out of the way of a big truck. And, even though she's 8 yrs old, most people think she's new. The body style is still very good looking and except for the console (finish is flaking) the interior is also in great shape. I hope to own her for a good long time."