2000 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class

Based on 157 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

Very eye-catching vehicle

By on Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Pros: "head turner...lots of compliments"

"Head turner very classy and stll maintain appearance"

I love the SLK230 so much I am buying another one.

By on Sunday, April 07, 2013

"I am the original owner and bought it as the first one made for the USA! I love it so much I am getting a new one in 2014! I have 68,400 miles on this one! I wouldnt even get another car except my company benefits qaualify me for a new car and it is the only one I really enjoy driving out several autos I own."

Great little sports car, great value.

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Pros: "Reliability, convertible hardtop, gas mileage"

Cons: "Performance & handling below some sports cars"

"I've owned a lot of sports cars and this is a fun little car with great gas mileage. It doesn't have the acceleration,handling, and fun factor as a Porsche Boxster but makes up for that with reliability over the boxster. The retractable hardtop can have issues with operation. Possible issues can be cables and connections. I do all my own maintenance and repair."

AMAZING!

By on Thursday, November 08, 2012

Pros: "A Classic Beauty Never Fades! Revolutionary"

Cons: "Nothing its a perfect car"

"Off the line the SLK-230 can outrun a Porsche boxster hands down. In the late 1990s mercedes innovation created the SLK and advanced it even further into the early 2000's model The 2001 Anniversary Birthday edition is the best car, most fun car I have driven. I have 15 Cars from BMW, Maserati, to Toyota Prius. Out of all ALL of the cars that I have the Mercedes Benz SLK 230 has the best handling (it makes the others feel like ou are driving a battleship)... The 4Cyl supercharges engin performs as if you have a 6cyl under the hood and the off the line torque is inaccurate in its original specs I work at Edwards and did a spec test. It tests out at 210 HP 190Lb Ft TQ- In my opinion if YOU HAVE this car save it hold onto it because it will BE one of those cars that people WANT to have much like the Mercedes 190SL but can't... My only complaint is I do wish It had a slightly bigger trunk but other than that I cant see any reason to ever have another everyday driver... Average speeds around my area are standard on the freeway traffic at 80-100MPH which it holds at perfectly unlike my BMW and Maserati. For the current prices these cars are going for I think it is grossly underpriced. Im planning to snatch up another one before they skyrocket. Ive worked for gooding and Company for 35 years. This roadster holds true to the CLASSICS!"

You'll ejoy this car - have it inspected by MB

By on Monday, October 15, 2012

Pros: "Fun, stylish hard-top convert and so inexpensive"

Cons: "trunk space"

"SLK, Boxter, Z4, or S2000 ....that's a common question. The SLK is the winner. Conservative but elegant styling, luxury/sporty driver, hardtop, and very reliable. Be certain to have MB conduct a pre-purchase inspection in addition to to CARFAXing the vehicle. These are wonderful cars but like all in their class there can be minor issues with ome and you can easily avoid them. You'll always crave the Boxter, "there is no substitute", but the SLK is a worthy compromise. Really enjoy the SLK and you will too."

See if you qualify for