1999 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class

Based on 155 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Superb condition. Beautiful, bright red.Great fun

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Pros: "Great condition. High value."

Cons: "High mileage, but no problems."

"I have owned this car for 2 years and driven it only on sunny days for 2,000 miles. MB service checked it out when purchased and found no problems. 2 seat roadster with motorized conv. top into trunk. 6 cd's located in trunk. Good tires. Always garaged and covered. No mechanical problems. High mileage prior to my purchase. Excellent condition. Asking $6,800."

Great Sports Car for the Money!!!

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, Fun, timeless look, Value for money."

"I absolute love these cars! I've owned 3 (98,99 and now a 2001 230 Kompressor) and will continue to buy them as long as I am living and Mercedes continues to make SLK's. All three SLK 230's I've owned had been extremely reliable! If you don't believe it, Google the top 100 reliable cars of the last decade, and the SLK will be number 25 on the list. One thing to keep in mind is that the car is relatively small, so there is not much to go wrong. Also there aren't many unnecessary electronic gizmos that typically go wrong when they get old. Now, I am not saying that these cars never have problems, but never has this car, or my previous SLK's left me stranded. I've only had the Mass Air Flow Sensor go out, and that's typical when these cars get higher mileage on them. Bottom line is take care of the car, and it will take care of you. Next the Performance is great for a 4 cylinder. Its supercharged (Kompressor) so the pick is good. Don't expect to take on V8 mustangs, nissan 350/370Z and Infiniti G's and so forth. I not one that is a show off, but This car gets a lot of attention and compliments from people even though its over 10 years old. It's funny, I've owned BMW's Volvo's and never got strangers to approach me and ask me questions like they do with the SLK. If your need a lot of space don't buy this car as a daily driver. The truck is big for it's size, but the car is still small. If you are looking for a hardcore sports car then look elsewhere. This car handles and drives great, but don't expect to have the driving dynamics of a Porsche or Ferrari. Over all, its a terrific car to own. If you buy one, make sure it was loved and taken care of."

One of the best

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, very fast, great handeling"

Cons: "bad interior paint quality"

"I have had this car since 2001, it has only needed a repair one time other than tires and oil changes. The seats are comfortable, is runs like a scalded dog, is easy on fuel, steers with great precision, stops on a dime. My only disappointment is that the dash is painted as are the interior door handles. That paint chips easily and no touch-up paint is available. Mine looks and drives just as it did when I bought it. It has been one of the best cars that I have ever owned.... and I have owned some fine autos. (I have had 14 other Mercedes along with other luxury autos)."

Overpriced when new.

By on Saturday, January 04, 2014

Pros: "Cute reliable head turning car."

Cons: "Does not hold value."

"Purchased new in 2000. After thirteen years and 50000 miles, only scheduled maintenance has been required."

Love this car

By on Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pros: "Hard top convertible, sleek, aerodynamic, low mile"

Cons: "No CD but it's 1998 with low miles"

"My 2000 Ford Explorer was giving me problem so I decided to look for another car. I found this beauty of a car that was priced for $9995. It's a 1998 with only 39K miles when I bought it. YES, 39K MILES. I felt like I just bought a new SLK Mercedes for under $10K. It runs perfectly. I bought from a used car lot dealer who claims the previous/original owner was a doctor who never used it. I scored big time on this car and it runs perfectly."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25