1998 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class

Based on 165 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

GREAT Little machine

By on Wednesday, January 05, 2011

"I bought my 2003 SLK230 (second one) in 2006 with 25K miles on it and just love to drive it. I'm 70 now and decided to get it as my last car. It is everything I need in a car; small, economical, sharp looker, and a cool convertible! But beware of two things; First, maintenance is expensive at the dealership (they are always upselling service) and Mercedes wiggled out of the extended warranty that came with the car because I bought it from a non-approved (non MB) dealer. Why that should degrade the car is beyond me????"

Road Hugger

By on Thursday, July 15, 2010

"I recently purchased a SLK 230 from the original owner. It had over 200K miles on it but, it was still tight and did not leak a drop of oil. This is an amazing vehicle."

Still looks great!

By on Wednesday, August 26, 2009

"I bought my 2001 SLK in 2005 with 40K miles. Currently I'm at 150K miles commuting approx. 100 miles daily. No maintenance until I went just over 100K miles (when warranty expried, of course). That year I had two $2K repairs plus the 12K mile maintenance which I always have the dealer take care of. Although a bit on the expensive side for maintenance and it hasn't held value real well, I would still recommend this fun little car. I drive mountain freeways and have to compete with large freight trucks. There is plenty of power (even uphill) to get out of the way of a big truck. And, even though she's 8 yrs old, most people think she's new. The body style is still very good looking and except for the console (finish is flaking) the interior is also in great shape. I hope to own her for a good long time."

Great car for everything

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2007

"This car performs and looks great. I bought this car with 112,000 miles from family member who owned it since new. It has 125,000 miles now and with proper care and scheduled maintenance, I believe the car will last for a long time. I had minor problems like engine coil was loosed and had to be tighten, trunk struts replaced, and of course there are routine maintenance and fair and wear replacement that need to be performed like replacing tires and oil changes. Other minor issue I wish I could fix is that the center console plastic/rubber coating is coming off and there is nothing I know to fix it. Other than that I have no complains. I love driving this car, I wish it came with 6 cylinder but it has enough power and good gas mileage to offset the bigger engine requirement. The car is not for long drive over 1 hour, but can be done with frequent stops and rest. As long as this car is taken care of, the car will last for a long time. This car was built solid. Because of this car's performance, reliability, and value. I'm considering purchasing another SLK."

Great car!

By on Monday, October 01, 2007

"I purchased this car used from a private party with less than 10k miles. I've had it for over 4 years now and have had NO major issues. I'm over 100k miles now and it still runs perfectly. I would reccomend this car to anyone looking for a vehicle in this class - it's been a dream! Some minor interior issues with the "coating" on the center console (it tends to peel in areas), but I believe that's been corrected on newer models."