1998 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class

Based on 158 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

A comfortable, stylish head-turner

By on Monday, August 13, 2007

"I remember, when i took a test-drive of this german beast with my good friend, he told me that all the way through the test-drive I had a grin on my face and I knew that this is totally my kinda machine. The most amazing feature it has is the Hard-top which goes in the trunk in a very Transformers style. And even with the top up it looks very classy. The engine has 215 horses under its belt which I think is more than enough for this stallion. The transmission is very smooth and fast to get to speed quickly. I like having two options in the transmission where you can choose between Wet 'W' and Standard 'S'. The difference is that when it is on 'W' it starts on second gear instead of first to reduce the slippery effect of the Wet road. The comfort is amazing as you can choose from many adjustable features to suite your ease which adds a lot to the whole experience. The handeling on this baby is marvelous and the safety features make it excellently reliable. It even indicates how many miles you have till your next service is due, which is usually 10,000 miles between every service. All in all, I am very happy with my decision to buy this car and I dont think I can go wrong with it for a long time."

Great car

By on Sunday, August 12, 2007

"I have had many different vehicles but the SLK is outstanding. The powerplant is not powerful but the car is very quick, even when accelerating on the highway. It is surprisingly fast from 60 to 100+. The car is just plain fun to drive and the styling is beautiful."

By on Friday, August 10, 2007

Fools Gold

By on Sunday, August 05, 2007

"My first car was a 61 Chevy. It was rusted out and I had to carry an extra battery for the many times the engine would quit. The SLK is so bad that it makes that 61 Chevy look good. The electrical system is the worst. The check engine light has been on almost continuously since new. I have spent thousands trying to fix it. They have replaced the computer 3 times. The computer wiring and many other electrical components without success. The good points are the supercharged engine has been very good. It is also very quick and fun to drive. The style is also very pleasing."

my favorite car

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2007

"I purchased this car new in 1/02. It has been flawless and never had any issues. I will probably keep this car the rest of my life."