1998 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class

Based on 165 Ratings for the 1998 - 2003 models.

Original owner, nice sports car.

By on Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pros: "still very sharp looking and runs perfectly."

Cons: "15 yrs old with high mileage"

"bought new, it still looks that way. Very well maintained."

Great Benz

By on Monday, November 23, 2009

"I have had my 230 for a few years now. Great and fun car. Minimal problems with maintenance kept up. I would highly recommend this car. The 320 is much faster for not much more. If I had it to do over I would get the 320."

Stylish convertible, Amazing car !!

By on Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"Grat car!! I have owned numerous sports cars, and this four cyclinder SLK is the best convertible I owned. Fun to drive. I had absolutely no maintenance since I bought it. Reliable engine too. Sleek & stylish with lots of glances when going down the road with the top down."

Great used car buy

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2008

"We bought a 2001 in 2006 w/40K miles. We have the car serviced by our neighborhood gas station. The car has been very relaible and the operating costs have been low. This car has more of everything compared to our Z-3. More power, quieter, very roomy trunk top up and good for two for a weekend top down. Orig equipment tires are very sporty but only good for 20K. We switched to all weather. Okay gas at 25 to 30 mpg if you can keep your foot off the gas,"

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2007

"I have a 98 SLK and after the brake light issues were finally fixed and the supercharger going out on me in 2001, the SLK will probably be the best car that I have ever owned. I base this on the fact that I love driving this car, even tho 10 years old, as I did when I first got it. I was able to drive the SLK on the autobon in Germany at 140 MPH over long stretches and other than being stiff exiting the vehicle the excitment will never be forgotten."

Great empty nest car

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2007

"I'm in my late forties and a five time grandmother. I bought this car when my youngest son left for the military. I drove it home with the top down and loved it. Four years and 60000 miles later, I still love it. It requires little maintenance and since they fixed that blasted brake light problem, I've been driving like the queen I am. For the young or the young at heart, this is the car for you."

A very fun car

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"I once read that someone though this car had a great "look at me" factor. I thought that was a little silly, but after buying my 2001 with 50,000 miles on it, I understand what they were saying. It is a very fun car, and although I'm disappointed that they have not held their value very well, I've never regretted the purchase. It's scary in the snow, so I think I buy a nice 4x4 for that and keep my little girl for trips to the beach and fall drives into the mountains. Maintenance every 10,000 miles is a little pricey, but at 95,000 miles I've had nothing other than the brakes done. I also just love how quickly it accelerates. It never lets me down if I need to move in a hurry. Great for freeway on ramps!"

Fun Car

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2007

"I bought this car used with 54000 miles on it. I LOVE the retractable hard top. I get looks every time I put it up or down. With the windows up, the wind and noise are minimal. It's quick of the line and sounds geat. The steering can be touchy at speeds over 75mph. The sport seats are fine for <1hr cruising , but can be uncomfortable on longer rides. I am dissapointed in the interiors center console lack of holding up, it's peeling off and revealing the black underneath the grey top coat of plastic-like material. Not a lot can be done about this I am told. Overall I am satisfied with this car and the fun convertable top."

my favorite car

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2007

"I purchased this car new in 1/02. It has been flawless and never had any issues. I will probably keep this car the rest of my life."

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Great car!

By on Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Pros: "Fun, reliable, no problems w reg maint."

Cons: "Fake leather, stiff ride"

"Have never had any problems with this car! My only complaint is the fake leather that was sprayed on in the interior. Once it starts to rub off, that's it! Makes it look icky inside. Otherwise....sharp car! Definitely turns heads!"

My car is awesome! 1st year slk turbo charged fun!

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pros: "Fast and fun"

"I think I will keep her another 20 years. At which point in time she will still will not even be broken in for a Mercedes Benz - first year 230 SLK - also #10 purchaser in Oregon!!! Love her -garaged for life and pampered."

great car, looks nice and drives smooth

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, looks great"

Cons: "small seating area, not for all sizes"

"I got this car a few years back and have put a lot of miles on it -- I have had no major issues with the vehicle, it handles great -- sometimes I don't realize how great it handles until I get a rental car and notice the difference."

Cool Little Hot Rod!

By on Thursday, September 02, 2010

"Bought a 2002 (1st year) in 2003 SLK 32 AMG. Silver with Black Leather Interior. Only 6000 miles when purchased now has 33000. What a hoot! I'm 5'6" so car fits well, any taller and you might have problems getting in and out! This auto is Rock Solid! I plan to keep for quite a while. Not into Ragtops, but this hard top is awsome. Very Very fast! 349 HP, 332 FP'S with Supercharger! Corners well, road is velvet at 80 MPH. Addictive, problem is it only holds 2 and very little else, which is why it is a great weekend car. I'd Buy again in a heart beat! Just Know a 2 seater is aToy!"

Sooo Much Fun

By on Wednesday, May 27, 2009

"I bought this car with about 20k on the odo. I currently have 42k. This car is soo much fun. It feels very solid. I get compliments on this car every day and people think it cost way more than I paid for it. Their is little wind noise with the top and the windows down. The car handles well and is very comfortable for long trips. I amazed at how much trunk space this car has when the top is down or up. The new 3 series convert trunk can't match this one. I love the car and it puts a smile on my face every time I drive. I have the 230 wish it had a little more power."

Great Car and continues to be

By on Thursday, December 18, 2008

"I have had this car for quite a while now and have had to do nothing except the oil changes. I love it."

Good sporty car for the money

By on Monday, December 08, 2008

"With sport suspension and those big wheels, it rides like a truck, but the Kompressor makes up for whatever power needs you may have. Mileage is okay for a 4 cylinder. After 6 years, the top and trunk are starting to rattle and squeak. Would buy this car again."

By on Monday, October 13, 2008

"A stylish, peppy, economical luxurious sports car. What more could you ask for? The roof works great and a fun driver for my daily commute or a Sunday drive. Love this car!!"

1998 Mercedes Benz 230 SLK

By on Thursday, October 02, 2008

"I have owned this car 3 years now and just love it. Good mileage [26mpg] and great looks. Handles well and have had no problems whatsoever. It has only 70000 miles on it and is Black on Black in color. It makes me feel young again!!!! Great for summer and fall driving up here in Washington."

The top"s the best

By on Sunday, September 07, 2008

"I recently bought one of these amazing machines and suggest everyone have at least one! well im back to the open road wind in the hair and music turned up! This car is a real eye catcher!!!"

Fun little car!

By on Thursday, May 15, 2008

"Fun well built little car. I would have preffered a stick, but the automatic gets up and goes. Kind of a noisy ride... roof rattles."

Style, Performance, Economy

By on Friday, October 19, 2007

"I have owned dozens of cars over the years, this SLK320 takes it all. What other car has V-8 power yet gets a consistant 32mpg, not to mention it cornors on rails. It is a statment for I want to be seen. People drive past on the freeway and consistantly slow down to take a second look, even the young import big tailpipe crowd looks in awe or jelousy whatever. My girl says its mid life crisis, darn if thats the case then mid life is awesome."

Great car

By on Sunday, August 12, 2007

"I have had many different vehicles but the SLK is outstanding. The powerplant is not powerful but the car is very quick, even when accelerating on the highway. It is surprisingly fast from 60 to 100+. The car is just plain fun to drive and the styling is beautiful."

LOVE LOVE LOVE

By on Saturday, August 22, 2015

Pros: "My Barbie car great everything"

Cons: "Don't be over 5' 11". Cup holders in dash / button"

My Barbie Car

"The trade in on this car is way way to low for the value an owner gets in return. Kelly Book is so far off with this one. The only thing I have trouble with are a few of the many sensors having to be replaced over and over. Don't go over a speed bump to fast or a sensor will cause your car to stop running. The interior consul does not keep it's finish. Have repaired it twice and a mess again. Seats very comfy. Does good in snow I use snow tires during the season and it has never failed me. Drives through 14 inches like a dream. Gas mileage better then said I always ethanol free premium and synthetic Mobil oil. Repair cost is cheaper then any car I have ever had. Have had no major issues. Will run it til it dies it's a young 15 yr old. Only wish the headlights were cleanable glass lenses as they have lost their luster."

My Barbie Car

Fun to drive. Great fuel mileage.

By on Friday, January 23, 2015

Pros: "Gas mileage fun to drive,"

Cons: "Paint inside and out"

"All around fun"