• New Car Buyer's Guides
  • The 40+ MPG Cars of 2015

2014 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $92,126 - $97,765.

Invoice N/A

10/7.2

Based on 21 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Sl550

By on Monday, January 03, 2011

"I have never owned a car that I never want to get out of. The phone is so easy to use, hands free. A massage while driving is remarkable. I never tire of the sl550."

Forget it in the winter

By on Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pros: "A beast-handling and acceleration"

Cons: "Not for winter, hard to get into"

"Even with Pirelli summer tires I could get my 2003 SL55 up the slight incline into my garage with a running start especially if I turned off the ESP when there was some snow and ice in the driveway. With the replacement 13 SL550 and Bridgestone run flats summer tires, be prepared with two strong pushers and a bunch of cinders to get it back in the garage if you are dumb enough to try driving it in the winter. Also without the easy entry feature that my old SL55 had, its not too easy for the driver to get into when the top is on. Otherwise it is superior in every way to my 2003 SL55 which I owned since fall of 2003. All the electronics are up to date and look like they will be trouble free. The car is a beast as far as handling and acceleration just like my 03 SL55 but also gets 18 mpg in city driving, not 12mpg. Be sure to get the bigger AMG wheels which also come with bigger brakes. Wish it had a heated steering wheel option, but on the other hand its undrivable in the winter. All in all a great car, but not if you live in snowy climes and don't have a winter car. It will have to be stored for the winter."

A very nice transportation system

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Pros: "High-performance Mustang for mature driver!"

Cons: "Car requires premium gas but uses it to advantage."

"In the early 70s I owned a high-performance Mustang. Until just recently, I couldn't get a car that tickled my fancy like it did. Power to weight ratio and handling went out the window. After experiencing the SLK and then the SL 550 I can report that my humor has been restored. While not a 7 Liter car, this Mercedes is absolutely wonderful. Even my sports car driving (Miata) girlfriend is impressed, commenting favorably on the handling of the SL. One of the main benefits is improved interior room over what I experienced in the SLK. A properly designed roadster in my opinion. You will be inspected by the local Highway Patrol for your speed settings. Fortunately if you drive exactly the speed limit they don't seem to bother you. I am thankful for the precise speed gauging in the SL."

Pretty close to nirvana

By on Saturday, September 04, 2010

"The warranty on my 2006 M5 was about to expire which put in the market for a new car. There was no way I was going to keep the M5 without a warranty. The repairs thus far had been way too much if I had to pay them out of pocket. I stopped my the Mercedes dealer and they had a silver arrow edition SL550 that just looked gorgeous! Sporty, clean, sharp angles, silver with red interior and AMG wheels. I always thought of the SL has being a car for the more mature gentlemen however, I am sold on it and absolutely love it."

vary nice MB

By on Monday, January 18, 2010

"great looking. good exhilarates. nice finish interor and exteror. the tire air pressure indecator is a bit to sensitive. needs a little more speed. nice on corners."