• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2011 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class

Based on 131 Ratings for the 2003 - 2012 models.

Practical yet high performance

By on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pros: "Luxury, elegant appearance and high performance"

Cons: "Expensive"

"I had to decide between Porsche 911 or Mercedes SL. In contrast to Porsche, this is a heavy car. Ultimately, however, I opted for Mercedes SL instead because, unlike Porsche 911, its luxury interior and hardtop makes this car a practical and very comfortable luxury daily automobile. Yet, it is also a high performance sport car. Plus, stylistically it is ageless; a true head turner. Excellent for cruising down PCH with the top down. My car is very low mileage and it is in flawless condition. I have not had any mechanical issue. That said, maintenance and repair can be very expensive. Therefore, either buy very low mileage and keep annual driving to 10 K or less for the first 40 - 50 K; alternately if you are buying a used high mileage SLin that case concomitantly buy warranty."

5.5 years, 64K miles, reliable as a Honda

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive; get one if you can"

"No squeaks, rattles, smooth, great road car, fast, solid, corners well, quality throughout, great to look at"

Looks good, has issues

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "Looks good, comfortable to drive"

Cons: "Expensive TPM problem"

"Biggest problem I have had is with tire pressure monitors-optional in 2003 and I wish the original owner had not selected this option. They have not worked properly since I bought the car, several trips to dealer under warranty with no results. Got tired of taking to the dealer. Later learned it will cost $350-400 per wheel to fix!! Would love to simply disable tpm but cannot. Its "illegal" even though tpm was not mandatory on 2003 models."

Drives like a dream.

By on Thursday, January 09, 2014

Pros: "Recommend"

"Drives like a dream, lots of power (acceleration). Very comfortable car to ride in."

AWESOME MERCEDES

By on Sunday, September 01, 2013

Pros: "HIGH QUALITY, FUN TO DRIVE, SOLID & SAFE"

Cons: "NOT CHEAP TO PURCHASE NEW!"

"ORDERED NEW, AWESOME LOOKS, HANDLING, PERFORMANCE OUR VERY SPECIAL SPORTS CAR THAT WE WILL OWN 'FOREVER' HAVE OWNED OVER 50 CARS SINCE MY 'EARLY' DAYS, REBUILT MANY. THIS SL55 IS TRUELY A VERY HIGH QUALITY & FUN VEHICLE TO OWN & QUALIFIES TO BE A LIFETIME 'KEEPER'"

A true 'hardtop convertible" that delivers.

By on Sunday, May 12, 2013

Pros: "Great ride. Lives well in the city."

Cons: "Once your warranty is over sell it or extend it."

"I own the Designo Launch edition. The unique paint color, the hardtop convertible, and the ageless styling makes this car one of the best of the best. There are faster cars (Ferrarri) or better interiors (Lambo) but dollar for dollar this is a great car that combines a reasonable size trunk, eye stopping design, and a killer stereo. It's a car for someone that needs a 'practical' car that doubles as a sports car. I love this car because I can drive in the city and cruise on the highway. The trunk is large enough for golf clubs, the seats are comfortable for long trips, and the front hood design allows for vision for painless parking. Don't buy it new. Let someone else take the hit on the first year or two. The owners are fussy and take care of these cars. True is trust funders buy it, drive it for a year, and move on to the next version."

Excellent design and drive

By on Monday, December 10, 2012

Pros: "great classic design, fun to drive, massaging seat"

"I purchased this '07 CPO with only 23000 miles and it is a sweet ride and a beautiful design. With the heavy weight this car does not handle like a small car. I also get good mileage on the hwy and get positive stares and very favorable comments regarding the design of the car. It has every feature imaginable and I also purchased a 5-yr extended warranty for $5K through the dealer."

05 Merc SL65AMG awesome value

By on Saturday, November 10, 2012

Pros: "super quick, great price, warranty, low miles"

Cons: "only 2 seats, doesn't go 300 mph...."

"This car is much quicker then the BMW M6 I had, it's beautiful, sounds great but not quite as sweet as BMW and I paid less then 25% of sticker price with only 32k miles on it ! It is classy/sporty looking with a beast for an engine. Buy a used 1 so u don't get nailed w/price and 30 month warranty for $3k and u can't go wrong. Love this car !"

really sharp fun!

By on Monday, September 24, 2012

"great all around car really fast comfitable great looking gas hog!"

Fantastic Value - 1/3 $ for low mile like new car.

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, Acceleration, Handling and High Style"

Cons: "Nav system but easily resolved with a phone or GPS"

"This is the car Top Gear's Jeremy Clarkson owns and loves. I highly recommend this car with the same caveat the salesman made when he sold it - Make sure you get the warranty. I've had several cost free repairs on this CPO car since I purchased it with extended factory warranty at 35,000 mi. Two years later we are now at 50,000 and still have a year left on the warranty. My repairs - the roof operating mechanism and motor mounts (which are surprisingly sophisticated). The things that make this car so fun to own and drive are the same ones that make it less reliable than say a vanilla Toyota Corolla. The Mercedes dealerships always treat you like royalty so sometimes I look for things to have checked out just to visit. My biggest surprise has been the gas mileage. I get 24 MPG on long trips with the cruise set at ten over the limit. My Honda Insight Hybrid gets 32 on trips and isn't half as fun, safe or relaxing to drive. The biggest problem I have with this car is that I can't stop driving it. I'm putting more miles on it than I planned. Meanwhile the 24-32 MPG Honda sits collecting dust in the driveway."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz SL-Class near Honolulu. See local deals