2007 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class

Based on 145 Ratings for the 2003 - 2012 models.

Better than I expected

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "very fun to drive, great with the top down or up"

Cons: "cup holders are just in a strange place for me"

"This car is a real joy to drive on long trips of short jaunts around town. Its been a real gem for me over the first 18 months, with no issues to report, other than the turbo "chirp" noise that was fixed after adding some stop squeak. I What's funny is this is the first real sports car I have owned that my wife also loves. I have owned Vettes, a 911 and Boxster S and she wasn't crazy about the ride for anything other than a quick trip to the store. But she loves this thing, going to Aspen, or shopping or down the the Springs and back. Everyone loves this car. I love the throaty sound. Its so much different than a typical Mercedes purrr and makes you really appreciate the ride more. Get this if: If you are looking for the best bang for your shopping dollar in the luxury performance arena. You love the balance of precision, power and cruise comfort. You don't mind people staring. You love to sometimes rocket to the speed limit. You are tired of ragtops and want something that feels like a sedan when the top is up."

Wicked Fast!

By on Friday, December 07, 2007

"I just bought a used SL65 AMG with less than 30K miles. My friends told me that MBZ's had quality issues, but I couldn't help myself. With over 600 hp it is quicker than my Z06 or 360 Ferrari. The styling is great, but too close to other MBZ's that are far less expensive. And then there are the quality issues. Not major ones, just a few quirky issues like electronics not fully working and brakes that squeak like a UPS truck. Not impossible, but for a car with an MSRP of over $200K, they are annoying. Also, the NAV system and the multiple menus for changing options are cumbersome to work with. But push the button on the gearshift to fire up that V-12 and the sound makes you overlook many of its shortcomings. WARNING: used values drop like a rock! Don't buy one new unless you can afford to take the huge hit."

maintence problems

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2009

"while this car looks great its a maintence problem, always in the shop would not buy again. this is the 2nd sl the first was taken back as a lemon and the 2nd is a probem two !"

Luxurious roadster with power, handling

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pros: "power, handling, top down driving, luxurious"

"With the convenient hard top convertible neatly stowed in the truck with ample storage remaining, this luxurious roadster is the perfect vehicle for a trip done the California coast or the winding mountain roads of the Sierra Nevadas. Quiet and comfortable until you suddenly accerate and the 493 HP AMG tuned engine generates a throaty roar and sets you back in the heated and massaging front seat. Owning the car for over six years, I have no complaints except that I don't have enough time to drive it. While I am sure the new models are equally nice, I prefer the style of front end of the 2003-2008 models with the round headlights. If your thinking of a used SL,choose the AMG version. The power is quite amazing. Truly a muscle car but with all the amenities and conveniences Mercedes is famous for."

Amazing Roadster

By on Friday, April 18, 2008

"The most unbelievable roadster! Looks are what you get in this vehicle with the best curb appeal on the streets. Performance is also a plus with this vehicle. I traded my Corvette in for a SL 500 and haven't thought of that car since. While 302 HP may not be over the top, the torque gives you all you want at any RPM. The luxury interior and features are far more advanced than any of its competitors. Trunk space is ample considering the roof folds into it. When extra trunk space is needed a stopper can be moved back to allow more than enough trunk space, however the top will not be operational. Simple solution, once you arrive at your destination unload the trunk and drop the top. I HIGHLY recommend this vehicle to anyone in the market for a high performance luxury toy!"

Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"This car is a wonderful driving machine. If I could make any changes I would raise the car about 10" and stretch it approx 18" to accomadate a taller person.Also the steering wheel does not raise up high enough.This is our 7th SL ."

Ultimate Boulevard Cruiser

By on Saturday, June 12, 2010

"I've owned by 2003 SL55 since new and continue to love this car more every day. As an owner of high power sports cars, I really love having my daily driver provide all the comfort I'd expect with a MBZ while providing the power that I'm used to from the supercharged V8. The addition of custom 20" wheels, slight lowering, and stainless steel exhaust makes this car even sharper and I still get positive compliments all the time even though it's approaching 50,000 miles and i7 years old. My only complaint is the reliability ... not very good to say the least. Anyone considering buying a used one, buy one with an extended warranty or be prepared to pay premium repair bills ... definitely not a Toyota in this area."

Beautiful Ride

By on Sunday, August 16, 2009

"This ride is a blend of class, performance, and comfort. I can't say it is repair free. i have had a few items, such as the strut, repaired under warranty. There has been minor recalls (campaign). After six years, it still looks new. This car hugs the curve like a race car. You feel safe behind the wheel since you have so much control and speed."

By on Wednesday, February 18, 2009

"My second Mercedes SL. Most disappointing experience because there is always something not working in the car and the maintenance costs are astronomical. Full of electronic gadgets who don't seem to last and replacement costs of these gadgets are unforgivingly expensive! Every visit to the workshop (and there have been many!) are mostly just under $1,000 and I only have 35,000 miles on it! The car is a pleasure to drive, safe etc. but a real downer when it spends so much time in the workshop at great cost to the owner. Viva Porsche!"

Top Roadster

By on Saturday, August 23, 2008

"Pick the SL500(550). Unless you are trained as a driver, you have no business with the AMG or V-12 unless you have a death wish. Even the stability programme engaged these cars are overwrought by the massive torque produced by these magnificent engines. A superb car, best mix of performance and utility out there and it's not very fussy. Ridiculously easy to drive in the standard setup, comfortable and the only car resembling a convertible sports car for a 6'5" driver like me."

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pros: "retractable hard top"

"Great car that is fun to drive and styling is pretty much timeless. Decent performance and mileage in ultimate luxury and class. Love the convertible hardtop that eliminates the soft top issues of noise, wind and make them easy targets for theft. Seats are great and the options to move them are almost unlimited. Love the heat and ventilation. Highly recommend, especially if you can find a good used one for a fraction of the price."

Amazing car and more fun than should be legal

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, sporty, convertable or hardtop"

Cons: "Trunk is on small side."

"Great car, sporty, powerful and fun to drive. Flip the switch, put the top down and enjoy. The technology in this car is truly amazing. It's a "head turner" wherever I go. Decent on gas, low maintenance, typical Mercedes, fantastic value for the money. Trunk storage is the same with the top up or down, not huge but who cares when you're having this much fun! Amazingly quiet with the top down."

03 SL500

By on Tuesday, May 03, 2011

"Beautiful car but buy a warranty and keep it. Batteries replaced 4 times, engine gaskets, leaks, glove box, locks, engine mounts,seat computers, windows always out of sync. This car is a rolling computer and something is always wrong with it even with regualr dealer service and low milage. It has alot of eletrical problems. i would buy this model again. Have had other Mercedes that were great for years. This is not one of them. Plan of 5k annual fixes plus routine maintenance."

UNBELIEVABLE IN EVERY WAY

By on Monday, March 08, 2010

"I BOUGHT THE 2007- SL600- PEWTER WITH STONE INTERIOR. THERE WAS NOTHING ELSE TO COMPARE IT TO AND I DROVE EVERY OTHER HIGH END CONVERTIBLE BEFORE I CHOSE THE SL600. THE AMG PACKAGE ENHANCES THE LOOK OF THE CAR AND EVERYWHERE I TAKE IT, PEOPLE JUST STAND AND ADMIRE IT. MY WIFE LOVES HER XKR JAGUAR CONVERTIBLE BUT EACH MORNING THE SL600 IS ALWAYS HER CHOICE FOR THE DAY. I GUESS I NEED TO BUY ANOTHER ONE FOR ME TO USE. WE LOVE THE CAR MORE EVERY DAY AND NOT ONE PROBLEM OTHER THAN REGULAR SERVICES-EVERY 10,000 MILES. WITH 510 HORSE POWER AND 612 LB-FT OF TORQUE, I HAVE HAD NO TROUBLE PULLING AWAY FROM ANY OTHER CAR. AT 65 YEARS OF AGE, I FEEL LIKE I AM 25 AGAIN BEHIND THE WHEEL AND I HATE TO GET OUT OF THE CAR."

too many problems

By on Thursday, October 23, 2008

"There's a serious flaw with the ABC system. Had to take it back to the dealer several times before the dealer could figure out the problem."

excellent overall vehicle, very pricy but incrediy

By on Tuesday, August 28, 2007

"Smokes any stock car out ther, including Vipers and Z06 and m5 or m6"

After owning this car, is there a better one?

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "Luxury, practical, efficient, technology, safe fun"

Cons: "Two seats only, small trunk"

"I will start with the disadvantage: very small trunk, just for golf clubs or a midsize suitcase. Ok, now the advantages: the performance of a car this size with such a nice engine is incredible. Whoever says it sucks gas, it is not true. What do you expect with an eight cilinders, 5 liters engine? But the weight of the car compensates and makes it an affordable easy to drive car. If you want luxury and all the gadgets technology brings, this is the car for you. Reliable, excellent safety features, sound system, ventilated seats, push button for all comfort in long trips. What else can you ask for? I use it as an everyday car and I am having a hard time even thinking what car will be the next. Hardtop convertible, beautiful lines and eye catching. Brakes are the best. hard to beat an SL with another car. If you go for a bmw 6 series, or a bentley, the size of those cars won't make them fuel efficient and ageless like the SL."

German Engineering rocks!

By on Tuesday, October 11, 2011

"This is the best of both worlds - luxury, performance, and believe it or not comfort! Drive one. You'll be hooked. I've had absolutely no maintenance issues - reliable as the day is long."

Daily driver

By on Thursday, August 26, 2010

"Bought this in 2008 as a weekend car and is now a daily driver. Great power, convertible hadtop for those nice California days, very comfortable and great handling. Could not ask for anything more!"

One of Many Fine Examples

By on Sunday, July 25, 2010

"I have owned more than a dozen MB products over the years and certainly they had their problems in the late 80's and early 90's. The latest S and SL class cars are light years ahead in quality and reliability. This SL55 is substantially better than even the earlier example of the lesser powered brother of just 3 years ago. Pricey but always a thrill to drive!"

It's Hard to beat

By on Saturday, December 29, 2007

"The MB SL500 is as good as it gets, in my opinion. The car is a style icon and the MB reliability and quality are well known. I have owned three SL's and all have been excellent. If you opt for the SL600 (V12 version) you have more money than good sense. Priced at more than $40K over the SL500 you are literally paying that for 4 cylinders. I know, I have been there and done that."

Looks good, has issues

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "Looks good, comfortable to drive"

Cons: "Expensive TPM problem"

"Biggest problem I have had is with tire pressure monitors-optional in 2003 and I wish the original owner had not selected this option. They have not worked properly since I bought the car, several trips to dealer under warranty with no results. Got tired of taking to the dealer. Later learned it will cost $350-400 per wheel to fix!! Would love to simply disable tpm but cannot. Its "illegal" even though tpm was not mandatory on 2003 models."

Very fun car

By on Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Pros: "Plenty of power, great handling, nice exhaust roar"

Cons: "None yet"

"Owned for almost 4 years - love the car!"

GREAT CAR

By on Saturday, November 05, 2011

Pros: "see above"

Cons: "see above"

"I love this car, I bought it in January and it is a fun summer car.It is a eye catcher, where ever you go, people will tell you how much they like your car. It suppose to get 23 mpg on the highway but I got 26 doing 75-79. What I don't like about it is for a car that cost what it cost new, bluetooth phone and satelite radio should have been standard equipment. My tire sensors were fine with bad tires but when I put all new tires on them, I've had nothing but problems with them when there is nothing wrong. I come to the conclusion that this is a rich mans car and a average guy can't afford the maintance."

Luxury and Performance

By on Sunday, June 15, 2008

"This car is the perfect combination of performance and comfort with a hard top convertible. No other vehicle in it's league offers all three in the same package; and did I mention you can have a full body massage while you are driving! This car looks amazing w/the top up or down and the panaroma room makes it even sexier. Best high performance/luxury/convertible/sportscar ever made!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz SL-Class near Honolulu. See local deals