1998 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class

Based on 163 Ratings for the 1994 - 2002 models.

great syle and value

By on Wednesday, May 26, 2010

"A clasic Mercedes, that just seems to get better with time. Has everything you need, style, power, brand, fun to drive., turns heads, practical (can hold 2 full set of golf clubs) reasonable maintenance."

quintessential convertible

By on Tuesday, January 12, 2010

"Five years and 60,000 miles of top-down enjoyment in a car that does everything right. May be the safest convertible in the world! All the performance and comfort I could ask for."

A true GT

By on Sunday, September 7, 2008

"I bought the 55 AMG used. What a beautiful car, and what a great engine. I enjoy driving it more than my '05 Gallardo, which is only 27 hp more for over 100k more money. Never thought I'd buy an SL before I drove one. I've heard of software and on-board computer glitches with the SL, but I've been lucky. Made sure to buy an extended 3yrs/36000 mi warranty for peace of mind. The 2nd best feature is the retractable hardtop. For the money, you cannot get such a great combination of luxury, power, handling and looks. My only gripe is the antiquated CD based Nav. system, and they do not retro-fit with a newer system. All in all, a car I would recommend."

An absolute pleasure to drive, 1999 SL500

By on Sunday, August 31, 2008

"I only gave "4 stars" under the heading of "Value" due to the rather pricey sticker price. Under the heading "Comfort" I only gave 3 stars due to the fact that my better half and I are 6'2" each - yeah, she's a tall girl! The car is as solid as a rock and handles exceptionally well for a car that weight (I have the AMG Sport Package - not for everyone, as it rides pretty firm). I've had it up to 140mph with the top off and the motor was really starting to come on...had to shut it down - girlfriend got scared. Anyway, don't wait until you're too old to enjoy this car. Live rich don't die rich."

the ultimate!

By on Monday, June 2, 2008

"Thought I had the best with my 1998 SL500 with panorama roof. Then saw the 2003 red SL500 with panorama roof and I knew it would have to be mine. Both models are the top of the pecking order, with few vehicles that compare to them. The advantage to the '03 is the folding hard top. It can't get better than that. I never took the roof off the '98, so open air touring was not as easy as it is with the '03. The comments from friends and strangers on the '03 are always positive and complementary, especially now that the new 18"AMG chrome wheels are on it. Its like the whole package just snaps! I enjoy all the conveience features of the '03, the build quality, performance, and comfort. I just love getting in it and taking off on a whim. Here in the northwest, the mountains are just a half hour away, the ocean an hour, and eastern Washington's wide open spaces just an hour and a half. I see myself owning this one for a long time, and a lot of miles. Its red, its fast, its awesome!!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz SL-Class near Honolulu. See local deals