1995 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class

Based on 163 Ratings for the 1994 - 2002 models.

Love this car!

By on Thursday, January 5, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive andown."

Cons: "Cost of certified mechanics to do basic upkeep."

"I have owned this car for over 10 years. Extremely reliable, as long as you do basic maintenance. Very smooth to drive and grips the road. Tons of safety features, including side air bags and a roll bar that automatically goes up when needed. Only compalints are wishing the CD player were up front (not thought of in 1997?) and cost to get certified mechanic to do basic work."

Great car!

By on Wednesday, August 8, 2007

"I've always owned convertible Corvette's prior to my SL55 AMG, but there is really no comparison. The SL55 at 493hp is as fast as the Corvette and functions as a very quiet coupe or in 16 seconds a beautiful convertible. It's everything you need it to be - hot rod, luxury car, convertible, etc. Great sound system. convert the phone to bluetooth and the car is perfect. Buying an '04/'05 can save a lot of money from a new one at $130,000 plus."

Absolutely Awesome

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "Fast, fun, convertible, reliable"

Cons: "Bad Gas Mileage, heavy car at nearly 4k lbs."

"Awesome... A $100,000 car for $5,000? This thing is awesome and is a dream to drive and will turn heads. Great flashy car for a steal of a price."

Good machine overall

By on Sunday, December 8, 2013

Pros: "Holds it own with Porsche 911 turbo."

Cons: "Gas mileage, scary on wet roads at speed."

"Car is a blast to drive, however it is bad on gas. 17 mpg highway at a constant 80 MPH. Adding aftermarket chip did much for performance but noticed very little in gas savings."

I absolutely LOVE my Mercedes SL500!

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "Far too many to list!"

Cons: "If you are looking for cons, turn to other cars."

"From the day I purchased my SL500 new in 1999, and up to this day, NOTHING has changed about my car's performance, reliability, quality, durability! I am AMAZED as to how much Mercedes put into the building of their cars, that I would NEVER consider anything else! As of two weeks ago, I purchased a new S550 4Matic with a P3 Package, and again I stand in awe of the silence when sitting in my cabin! I am so AMAZED with Mercedes that I convinced my brother to buy a new C300 4Matic based on how WELL a Mercedes 4Matic performs on any road condition - in Minnesota, during winter, a four wheel drive is not an option! We shall be picking up my brother new C300 this week, and I firmly believe from what I have experienced with Mercedes Benz Automobiles, no matter the Class (C,E,S,SL, etcetera), Mercedes CONTINUES to build each automobile as if each one were based on being the Flagship Benz!"

great syle and value

By on Wednesday, May 26, 2010

"A clasic Mercedes, that just seems to get better with time. Has everything you need, style, power, brand, fun to drive., turns heads, practical (can hold 2 full set of golf clubs) reasonable maintenance."

quintessential convertible

By on Tuesday, January 12, 2010

"Five years and 60,000 miles of top-down enjoyment in a car that does everything right. May be the safest convertible in the world! All the performance and comfort I could ask for."

A true GT

By on Sunday, September 7, 2008

"I bought the 55 AMG used. What a beautiful car, and what a great engine. I enjoy driving it more than my '05 Gallardo, which is only 27 hp more for over 100k more money. Never thought I'd buy an SL before I drove one. I've heard of software and on-board computer glitches with the SL, but I've been lucky. Made sure to buy an extended 3yrs/36000 mi warranty for peace of mind. The 2nd best feature is the retractable hardtop. For the money, you cannot get such a great combination of luxury, power, handling and looks. My only gripe is the antiquated CD based Nav. system, and they do not retro-fit with a newer system. All in all, a car I would recommend."

An absolute pleasure to drive, 1999 SL500

By on Sunday, August 31, 2008

"I only gave "4 stars" under the heading of "Value" due to the rather pricey sticker price. Under the heading "Comfort" I only gave 3 stars due to the fact that my better half and I are 6'2" each - yeah, she's a tall girl! The car is as solid as a rock and handles exceptionally well for a car that weight (I have the AMG Sport Package - not for everyone, as it rides pretty firm). I've had it up to 140mph with the top off and the motor was really starting to come on...had to shut it down - girlfriend got scared. Anyway, don't wait until you're too old to enjoy this car. Live rich don't die rich."

the ultimate!

By on Monday, June 2, 2008

"Thought I had the best with my 1998 SL500 with panorama roof. Then saw the 2003 red SL500 with panorama roof and I knew it would have to be mine. Both models are the top of the pecking order, with few vehicles that compare to them. The advantage to the '03 is the folding hard top. It can't get better than that. I never took the roof off the '98, so open air touring was not as easy as it is with the '03. The comments from friends and strangers on the '03 are always positive and complementary, especially now that the new 18"AMG chrome wheels are on it. Its like the whole package just snaps! I enjoy all the conveience features of the '03, the build quality, performance, and comfort. I just love getting in it and taking off on a whim. Here in the northwest, the mountains are just a half hour away, the ocean an hour, and eastern Washington's wide open spaces just an hour and a half. I see myself owning this one for a long time, and a lot of miles. Its red, its fast, its awesome!!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz SL-Class near Honolulu. See local deals