• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

1994 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class

Based on 155 Ratings for the 1994 - 2002 models.

1999 sl500 What a car !

By on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pros: "Very fast very fun to drive and its a Mercedes :)"

Cons: "Exspensive to repair, up keep on oil & maintenence"

"Power ? eats vettes all day long. Everything in this car is power and for an original sticker price of 92 grand I expect no less. Put the top down with a touch of a button and the roll bar up and the heads never stop turning, what a great feeling at least in Florida to drive along the coast in a MERC drop top. Very expensive to repair and maintain but it's a Mercedes and you get what you pay for. Oil changes are very expensive but I do them myself for around 100 bucks for oil and filter. 0w-40 Euro formula is what you should use. Gas mileage is not great, around 15 MPG average. CD player is garbage and should be replaced with an aftermarket. Brakes are expensive as well but very easy to do yourself. other then the few odds and ends as any other car it is a real pleasure to drive and the top speed is incredible with no limiters :) the engine is bullet proof just keep up with maintenance and oil changes. You will not be sorry to own this car but do yourself a favor and find a good one with low miles and no problems. Always check the convertible for leaks as it is a hydraulic system. keep your battery up to date as it powers everything even when the car is off and if it goes dead or you disconnect it , you will need the radio code, just a tip for everyone, Mercedes dealers have to give you a new code if you don't know it or lose it for free as long as you own the car, even if you just purchased it second hand. Al free of charge and it only takes a few minutes."

Still an awesome car

By on Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pros: "Classic look, smooth ride."

Cons: "Repair cost"

"Fun car top up or top down' down preferably. Though a little long in the tooth, she still draws lots of attention. Has been the most dependable car I've ever owned."

600 Sl best sports car I ever owned

By on Saturday, August 18, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive wth close to 400 hp. very reliable"

Cons: "not that I know"

"I own a 99 600 sl sport triple black. It's an underrated car and I think it's already a classic. For an car what actually was close to $ 130.000 in 99 and it's quality and fun it's obviousely undervalued. Instead getting cheaper every year the value should go up because of it's limited quantity."

Love my 95 SL

By on Sunday, June 10, 2012

Pros: "Well made, comfortable, good looks, great road car"

Cons: "can be expensive if your not a home mechanic"

"Was looking for an affordable two seater or convertable. Glad we bought this instead of a C4 Corvette or convertable Mustang. Mustangs were cheaply made. Corvettes cramped, noisy, rattle traps. The SL has been reliable, comfortable, semi-easy to work on (at least for a Mercedes). Car drives great, has a nice cabin set up, firm and planted at highway speeds, and looks great even for a car that has "dated" styling. So many looks and compliiments where ever we drive it. Couldn't be happier with our choice and our dollar value. The hard top/convertable choice makes much more sense in our hot southern Utah weather. Nice to have the option. You just feel special every time you get in it. Best 6K I think I've ever spent!"

Load of fun to drive

By on Saturday, June 02, 2012

Pros: "A used Ford Focus would cost the same"

"I could not stop smiling for weeks knowing I own this car. It handles like a slot car,has head turning looks, quality and it's a convertible. It's everything you want in a car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz SL-Class near Honolulu. See local deals