2012 Mercedes-Benz S-Class

9.3

Based on 66 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

9.7/10
    9.7/10
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Best vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Thursday, January 16, 2014

Pros: "Great ride, design and loaded with technology"

Cons: "Rear seat package makes for a small trunk capacity"

"I bought this car 2 months ago. It is the Edition 1 with designo paint. The brakes squealed first thing in the morning however that seems to have gone away. Without question Mercedes has hit the jackpot with this car. It is an absolute dream in design and drive. It is a pleasure to drive. We have the aromatic system in it and we thought that we wouldn't use it but it is really nice. We have the rear seat package which takes away from the trunk space. The technology will blow your mind. I'm still learning. The navigation screen is outstanding. If you are looking for the ultimate car give it a shot."

Incredible machine

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pros: "Fair price for the value and service."

Cons: "I have nothing to complain about."

"This automobile is massive inside with all the creature comforts one could want. It has a tremendous amount of power, handles well and is practically unstoppable in the snow. It is my third S Class Mercedes. I would buy another in a flash."

Nicest Vehicle I have ever driven

By on Monday, June 13, 2016

Pros: "superb automobile, now relatively inexpensive,"

Cons: "2007 technology, expensive to maintain"

"I bought this car with 73,000 miles from a Mercedes dealership in February of 2012. It had been ridden hard and poorly maintained. I have repaired, replaced or refurbished everything that needed work, including work recommended by non-mandatory manufacturer TSB's. Repairs and maintenance are quite expensive. I budget about $3000 per year for upkeep and use a qualified independent mechanic to control the cost and quality of repairs. The dealership is astronomically pricey and not very competent except for trivial repairs. I follow the manufacturer's maintenance schedule. As a result, the car continues to be reliable. A bluetooth OBD-II scanner installed in the automobile enables me to monitor, record and compare engine performance periodically. The car is comfortable and effortlessly rewarding to drive. I use it for solo trips of up to 9 hours per day as well as for my short (2.4 mile) daily commute. Long trips are not at all tiring largely because of the adaptive cruise control and the excellent seats. Gas mileage is only fair. My average mileage over 54,000 miles has been 17.6 mpg. EPA combined mileage is 16 mpg. My trip mileage is about 26 mpg Acceleration is awe inspiring. Handling is excellent and tight. All wheel drive (4Matic) is very good in upstate New York winters. The car was very technologically advanced at its debut, but its dashboard software is dated now by comparison with my wife's 2015 luxury SUV. The mechanical engineering and performance of the normally aspirated 382 horsepower, 5.5 liter M273 engine and the 7-speed automatic transmission is far superior to the newer SUV, however. The Airmatic suspension is the least reliable major system in the car, and I have had to replace both the front and rear level detection systems. The original air shocks are still intact, but the compressor and the compressor relay were replaced prior to my purchase at about 45,000 miles. The original camshaft position sensor design was defective on this car, and all four have been replaced. I replaced one of them at about 80,000 miles. The other three failed and were replaced prior to my purchase. The transmission fluid had not been replaced prior to my purchase even though the manufacturer recommends replacement every 40,000 mile, but no apparent damage occurred to the transmission. The car will easily cruise at over 100 mph and feel and sound like it is traveling at half that speed. Oil consumption is within expected limits. This by now venerable chariot is a lot more comfortable and rewarding to drive than any of the other luxury vehicles I have owned or driven. I expect to replace it with the next model S550 if that model is self-driving. I would recommend the 2007 to any aficionado of beautiful automobiles who has the money and the interest to maintain it in top condition. It will reward that kind of owner with exhilarating and reliable service."

Sheer perfection.

By on Friday, March 7, 2014

Pros: "Excellent ride, passenger space, speed, & style."

"After driving many very fine Jaguar XJs since 1996, I leased a 2010 S400 Hybrid for less money per month despite having an MSRP $20,000 higher. It was replaced last year with my 2013 S550. There is nothing to complain of and nothing to change. The ride is excellent, there is plenty of passenger space and the materials are impeccable. The engine's 429hp is exceptional yet 25-30mpg on the highway are the norm. I have driven the car now for 1 year and at its first annual oil change, there were no needed warranty repairs, adjustments or problems to correct."

absolute best vehicle ever owned.

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

Pros: "has no competitor in my mind."

Cons: "just too much vehicle for my line of work."

"I have never owned a better vehicle. it stands out from the 7 BMW, the Lexus LS460L, or any other vehicle I've ever owned. It really is an awesome vehicle from a handling and comfort point of view. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who is seeking the utmost in quality, and its appearance stands out in any crowd."

Amazing daily driver! - 2007 S550

By on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable, good looking, high quality"

Cons: "Needs larger wheels"

"I love this car. We have a Maserati QP (4 door) of the same year and a Porsche 911, This S550 is the most comfortable and often what we choose to drive daily. The car is very reliable and we have not had many problems over the 77,500 miles of ownership. I would buy another one without hesitation. They are great value in the used market."

Best road vehicle and given its weight good gas mi

By on Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Cons: "Updated gps still has errors-expensive service at"

"Great driving machine,interior comfort and excellent sound system."

Wolf in a sheep's clothing

By on Saturday, April 9, 2016

Pros: "Blast to drive, not flashy"

Cons: "Uses tons of gas but who cares"

"Complete and total luxury in this performance beast of a car. Beat up on all the other performance cars out there while you are on total comfort and absolute quiet. I like to see the total surprise on the driver's faces of Camaro's, Mustang's, BMW's, Chargers and Vette's when I give them a total beat down with a 5,800 Benz. Complete and total comfort, sound proofed windows and lots of rooms marries performance and luxury."

Leap of Faith

By on Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pros: "Quality, styling, technology"

Cons: "None thus far"

"Mine is a 2007 S550 that I purchased in September, 2011, with only 25,000 miles on it. Not willing to spring for the close to $ 100K for a new one I bought this one-owner vehicle for less than fifty cents on the dollar. So far I've been amazed with the features of this vehicle. I traded a CLK550 Cabriolet, a fantastic car in its own right, for the big flagship sedan. Will report back in six months or so to determine if it was the right move. CPO warranty cinched the deal for me plus confidence in the local M-B dealership."

GT ride

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pros: "driver's car"

Cons: "less neck snapping acceleration than the BMW 750"

"In a lot of ways the car defines touring. Even my conservative IT sister loses it on the highway."

Amazing car S65

By on Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pros: "amazing ride"

Cons: "high price (very high)"

"This is by far the best car in the world. The Car drives fantastic. Amazing ride. the engine starts up amazing. If u can afford it, buy it u wont be dissappointed."

Luxury with Performance

By on Monday, October 17, 2011

Pros: "stylish, classy and comfortable"

Cons: "expect to pay dearly at the repairshop when needed"

"This is my 4th S Class. Beauty of a comfortable ride with electronic gadgets plus power behind the pedal when you need it. Im a loyal Mercedes Benz customer for life and this is why."

Spoil Yourself

By on Tuesday, January 18, 2011

"I've never been happier with a purchase. In some cases, the drive is more relaxing than getting home. Sometimes I drive around the block before parking it for the night. If you hate the long drive home, get this car. You'll no longer dread it. You'll welcome it."

Great car in its day

By on Monday, April 2, 2012

Pros: "Quick and nimble"

Cons: "Costly to maintain"

"When this car was new, it was state of the art. Time has passed and innovations have been made to the 2007. However, this model was the best "S" I ever owned. It was my fifth. For a little more than $30,000, this is a good buy. Cost to maintain is expensive."

The most luxurious car in its class.

By on Thursday, August 18, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, classy, lavish, confortable."

Cons: "None that I can think of."

"It drives like no other car in its class. In fact some people think that this car is in its class by itself. Unlike other cars you can distiguish the S Class when you see it on the road. The fit and finish, the ride quality and the performance are just a few things of a long list that makes this car one of the best in is class. Once you drive it you will be able to understand where I'm coming from."

Bestblarge luxury sedan ever

By on Sunday, August 5, 2012

Pros: "Smooth powerful ride"

"This is my third Benz and second S550. I am amazed at the ride and performance improvements from my 2010 to my new 2012. This time I got the Sport Plus Pkg. the car handles wonderful on the road and the ride is silky smooth. My combined fuel economy has in crease by an average og 3-4mpg. I drive about 30,00-35,00 miles per year."

The perfect car

By on Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pros: "Great to drive, fuel economy, luxury"

"This may be the perfect car. You get all the feel and driving performance of a V8 S Class, all the accessories, and roughly 25 MPG in real life mixed city/highway driving (at least in my experience where I have slightly more city than highway). I used to drive a BMW 750Li. Great car, but this car drives better and gets almost twice the gas mileage. Oh, and it costs about $25,000 less. Go figure. The S400 Hybrid is the best kept secret in luxury autos."

Dream car - almost dream come true - happy to have

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pros: "Quality of ride and thecar build"

Cons: "Cost"

"Second MB and first S. 2007 s550 4matic. Wonderful ride and quality inside and out. Love extra toys (camera, distronic plus, massage seats, other features). A few super minor gripes: Bluetooth doesn't work well with blackberry, distronic plus and park assist turn off in foggy/wet/snowy weather (sometimes, nor everytime), after awhile, dynamic seat feature stopped working. Other - fuel economy is great on hwy, so so in city (now new engine might be better). I do love 4wd! Saved the car a few times!!! Accelerates wonderfully in "s" mode - don't need Amg 63 or 65 to pass pretty much anyone (except motorbikes ;-) )... Expensive maintenance (dealer mechanics suggest always! about $1500 in annual work - not repair!) repair if not on warranty or insurance (body) is expensive (so if it's a used car may look too expensive).... But I love it, can't imagine not having it or a similar car... Hard to drive anything else now . If you care for a good car - buy it."

Luxury and comfort at it finest!

By on Friday, November 11, 2011

Pros: "quiet, great handling and power"

Cons: "front spoiler too low when parking!"

"I have owned them all: Mercedes, Range Rover, Porsche, Mini, this is far and away my favorite car. It has beautiful lines, it drives like a dream, and is as comfortable as sitting in your living room! I will definitely buy another one! There is a reason why they use these cars as limousines in Europe!"

By on Sunday, April 24, 2011

"Had an S class for years and loved it, but had to sell it since started to bread after 7 years. Bought a new 2010 E class. Horrible ride compared to the S. Just a totally different and "cheaply made car" I sold tha E and bought the S again and very happy"

Great looking, reliable and comfortable car.

By on Monday, April 22, 2013

Pros: "The greatest looking, most comfortable car ever."

Cons: "I have no cons."

"I bought the car used with 19,000 miles on it in 2010 and saved about 35,000 dollars and the car has been great. Not one expense other than having the regular services done. My wife usually drives it and I have a 2007 SL550 Designo edition and the same with it, not one complaint whatsoever. We love both cars and as seniors, we will never wear these cars out. The S550 comfort seat package with the massage features is so wonderful. The amazing thing is, our daughter who is only 26 loves to take her friends out for a night in it and she thinks it is the best car ever. I have been a Mercedes owner for over 30 years and have never had any trouble with any of them."

Great touring car

By on Friday, May 25, 2012

Pros: "Great reliability - have 180K and going strong"

"This is my 3rd S series. Buoght my S-550 new in 2006 as a 2007 model. Great road car as I can drive 6 hours staight without thinking of stopping. Leather has held up great, all the electronics work great but not up to 2012 pace. Upgrade the GPS every two years so is always current. Car is bullet proof. A few repairs over the years, motor mounts, ball joints but all to be expected with 180K. Will keep until new S series is out in 2013."

outstanding car for comfort and performance

By on Monday, February 23, 2015

"I love this car. It does everything asked of it, quietly and powerfully. It gets 24-28 MPG, everything wears like iron, and it is extremely comfortable. I have a bad back and cannot take long trips in most cars. I never have a problem in this car, even for 6 or more hours at a time."

The Ultimate Gift to Yourself

By on Wednesday, March 30, 2011

"This is my third Mercedes and the second S class. Traded in a 2003 S430, I wanted latest technology and styling. Had to repair several issues due to noise and vibration. New motor mounts and trans mount due to vibration, same problem on the 2003. Load leveling controls replaced, noisy and new brakes. Car is perfect now and will be better once those noisy Continental tires are replaced by Michelins in 10K miles. Consistenty get 18-24 MPG in safety and comfort! Just the BEST. Love it."

Dream Car

By on Saturday, March 12, 2011

"This is probably the best car on the road today, and the best car I've owned for sure. Very smooth ride, reliable, great style, feel very safe driving it at any speed. I've owned many other MS cars but this is my first S class, and I don't think I would buy anything else in future."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next