2010 Mercedes-Benz S-Class

9.3

Based on 63 Ratings for the 2007 - 2013 models.

9.7/10
    9.7/10

Great touring car

By on Friday, May 25, 2012

Pros: "Great reliability - have 180K and going strong"

"This is my 3rd S series. Buoght my S-550 new in 2006 as a 2007 model. Great road car as I can drive 6 hours staight without thinking of stopping. Leather has held up great, all the electronics work great but not up to 2012 pace. Upgrade the GPS every two years so is always current. Car is bullet proof. A few repairs over the years, motor mounts, ball joints but all to be expected with 180K. Will keep until new S series is out in 2013."

outstanding car for comfort and performance

By on Monday, February 23, 2015

"I love this car. It does everything asked of it, quietly and powerfully. It gets 24-28 MPG, everything wears like iron, and it is extremely comfortable. I have a bad back and cannot take long trips in most cars. I never have a problem in this car, even for 6 or more hours at a time."

Dream Car

By on Saturday, March 12, 2011

"This is probably the best car on the road today, and the best car I've owned for sure. Very smooth ride, reliable, great style, feel very safe driving it at any speed. I've owned many other MS cars but this is my first S class, and I don't think I would buy anything else in future."

this is the finest automobile I have ever owned

By on Monday, May 19, 2014

Pros: "comfort, performance, reliability ,quality =10"

Cons: "electronics can be confusing if not used regularly"

"I found this car to be extremely satisfying in all catagories especially performance and comfort. the electronics should have been simplified a bit. the stereo, navi. and Bluetooth can be a little confusing if you don't use them regularly. In spite of that I would still rate this car 10 of 10."

Most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned....

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pros: "Best value in the S-Class line. Comfort, comfort."

Cons: "Wonder what a 50-hp electric engine would do :)"

"Just great execution. Car drives like a dream. Not quite the driving experience of a BMW 650i, but it's not supposed to be. This car is pure silk on the roadway. The reviews that ponder who the S400 Hybrid was manufactured for are just funny to me. It is the lowest priced S-Class and gets spectacular gas mileage with all of the luxury of an S-Class. No, it doesn't have the visceral "go now!" speed of the larger engined models, but it has enough that you never really notice. Great quality. Great price. Great car. Well done MB!"

fine car bad value

By on Friday, March 04, 2011

"Purchased "certified pre-owned" but it had in my opinion, Barely if at all been looked at. Paid close to $3,000 for extended warranty that basically covered basics. Had major brake cable problem that was not covered. Used outside influence to shame dealership into fixing it. Otherwise, it is a great riding car with poor resale value."

Amazing car, expensive to keep, depreciates fast

By on Saturday, June 13, 2015

"Bought this S550 2007 second hand with 14K miles, impeccable condition.Rode it up to 61K miles in 4 years. Amazing ride, responsiveness, comfort, silent ride, looks, safety feeling, a dream car. Had to replace one of the computers' motherboard (would stuck in one gear without shifting), problems with the fuel system, the inflatable lumbar support, intermittent suspension noise at the front (still the MB local dealer does not know the cause). Expensive to keep, yes sir. Depreciates in value too fast, probably due to the cost to own it."

Great car over all. Has held up well

By on Saturday, September 26, 2015

Pros: "Still enjoyable to drive. Still a nice body style."

Cons: "Service cost on some items."

"Maintenance is high, but I use only Mercedes parts not aftermarket and once a part is replaced its not a issue a second time. One strut failure at 66k that I understand is unusual. Hard to get a dealership service spot the next day if required. Audi always takes my car right away if a failure occurs. Mercedes should re think this also for customer loyalty. Lexus is pushing hard against the S Class and Mercedes is no longer the only high end player in the market"

best car!!!

By on Monday, February 23, 2015

"no problems. had extended warranty so great coverage. great looking and great driving car."

The Ultimate Gift to Yourself

By on Wednesday, March 30, 2011

"This is my third Mercedes and the second S class. Traded in a 2003 S430, I wanted latest technology and styling. Had to repair several issues due to noise and vibration. New motor mounts and trans mount due to vibration, same problem on the 2003. Load leveling controls replaced, noisy and new brakes. Car is perfect now and will be better once those noisy Continental tires are replaced by Michelins in 10K miles. Consistenty get 18-24 MPG in safety and comfort! Just the BEST. Love it."