2010 Mercedes-Benz S-Class

9.4

Based on 59 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

9.7/10
    9.8/10
    9.7/10
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned....

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pros: "Best value in the S-Class line. Comfort, comfort."

Cons: "Wonder what a 50-hp electric engine would do :)"

"Just great execution. Car drives like a dream. Not quite the driving experience of a BMW 650i, but it's not supposed to be. This car is pure silk on the roadway. The reviews that ponder who the S400 Hybrid was manufactured for are just funny to me. It is the lowest priced S-Class and gets spectacular gas mileage with all of the luxury of an S-Class. No, it doesn't have the visceral "go now!" speed of the larger engined models, but it has enough that you never really notice. Great quality. Great price. Great car. Well done MB!"

best car!!!

By on Monday, February 23, 2015

"no problems. had extended warranty so great coverage. great looking and great driving car."

Finest Automobile on the Road

By on Saturday, September 21, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, Performance, Reliability"

Cons: "Cost"

"To drive a vehicle everyday for 100,000 miles and STILL LOVE it is RARE. This vehicle has been flawless, run perfectly, performed each time I asked and is the most comfortable car on the road. I will be looking to buy another one year old 550"

Confidence and elegance

By on Tuesday, December 07, 2010

"I've had '92, '95, '97, '00 and '07 S-classes before my 2010 S550. It's an awesome car. Interior quality is excellent. I've had it since August '09 and have had zero problems. Performance, reliability and styling are superb. New for 2010: redesigned seats, new standard and optional driver assist systems. Logos have been added to the navigation system, i.e. A Burger King logo instead of dining utensils and a plate; larger side rear view mirrors, and no gas guzzler tax. I get 28 mpg at 55 mph. Mpg drops at higher speeds."

I love the car! It has comfort and character!

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Pros: "Excellent price, priced to sell ASAP (relocating)"

Cons: "Takes time to discover all the options!"

Custom 19" wheels

"Most people think it's a brand new model Mercedes! It rides smooth on all roads but on the Interstate?!...it's an unreal experience. The leg room whether in the front seat or backseat is amazing. My family of 5 travels long distances with no problem. The trunk space is also incredible. The sound system, built in phone, 6-pack CD player, MP3, Navigation System, Bluetooth etc,, make it an entertainment system on wheels. Heated seats are nice but this car has Air Conditioned seats too!"

Custom 19" wheels

Lots of problems

By on Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Pros: "love the ride and handling"

Cons: "There is so much technology that I'll never learn to use it all."

"I bought this car 4 weeks ago and it has been in the shop for 7 days so far and is back again. The air conditioner wouldn't work. The driver's seat had some problems. It needed new front wheel rotors and the satellite radio still doesn't work. Although it was a 2010 it was never titled and I was given all the new car advantages. I had 2008 and never had a problem."

Only 40480 miles still smell and look new.

By on Saturday, July 25, 2015

Pros: "Attention getter, fun to drive."

Cons: "None that I can think of."

Ready To Roll

"This car will get up and go! Only 40480 miles because it is just one of three vehicles that I drive. Selling cause it breaks my heart to see it sitting there when its begging to be driven. Like new in appearance and performance."

Ready To Roll

TANK of a Car

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "Super Price,Good customer service,RIDE"

"I made this purchase knowing that I was going to use this beauty as a Limo.I was a big fan of the Engine and transmission and the body is very Regal. I have my carried my clients up and down the eastern Starboard with no problems or complaints. I am well past the warranty but that is ok because I used Mercedes-Benz dealer alternative 404 North Auto Repair has saved my from buying new parts, I only buy used salvage parts in the rare occasions I have needed to. I would buy this car again over and over. I was just affraid of part costs versus Audi and Bmw, but that place in Lawrenceville saved my pockets and proved to make owing my s550 economical."

75K and still going strong!

By on Monday, April 22, 2013

Pros: "Comfort,Sound System,Interior Storage Compartments"

Cons: "To Much Technology to Deal With"

"I bought my car at 46K a couple of years ago and have been impressed with just about everything about it! The way the S550 takes to the road is second to none and I am never tired or stiff after a long trip (450+mi)and the 25mpg is a pleasant surprise."

Fabulous Car!

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Pros: "Handling, safety, styling, comfort, spacious"

Cons: "Limited design options for exterior and interior"

""The S-Class is a terrific car in all regards. The only improvement would be in offerings of colors - particularly in the interior - which they have improved somewhat in the past couple of years. The S-class is extremely safe, handles beautifully and is as comfortable for passengers as it is for the driver (with optional equipment, at least). The only reason I'm trading it in is to buy a new one. ""

fine car bad value

By on Friday, March 04, 2011

"Purchased "certified pre-owned" but it had in my opinion, Barely if at all been looked at. Paid close to $3,000 for extended warranty that basically covered basics. Had major brake cable problem that was not covered. Used outside influence to shame dealership into fixing it. Otherwise, it is a great riding car with poor resale value."

Amazing car, expensive to keep, depreciates fast

By on Saturday, June 13, 2015

"Bought this S550 2007 second hand with 14K miles, impeccable condition.Rode it up to 61K miles in 4 years. Amazing ride, responsiveness, comfort, silent ride, looks, safety feeling, a dream car. Had to replace one of the computers' motherboard (would stuck in one gear without shifting), problems with the fuel system, the inflatable lumbar support, intermittent suspension noise at the front (still the MB local dealer does not know the cause). Expensive to keep, yes sir. Depreciates in value too fast, probably due to the cost to own it."

S550 (2010)-Built to last!

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "Power, ride, control, comfort"

Cons: "Pricey, but worth every cent!"

"This is an awesome car, made like no other! I travel 85% of the time for work. I bought it because I wanted to be comfortable and look good getting there. It's spacious, plush, and has just enough gadgets to keep me occupied through my daily grind. I seek opportunities to drive it even when I really don't have anyplace in particular to go. On one trip (approx. 350 miles 1 way) I cruised at 65-70 mph and was able to see about 29 mpg on average. This is pretty good for a car of this size and engine of this power. It's not the ride of the 1990's S-class however, it still beats anything out there in my opinion. It turns heads everywhere. Even my kids, who didn't want me to get it because they thought it looked like an "old mans" car, love to ride in it. Their only complaint is that it puts them to sleep every time. They don't know I control the entire car from my drivers seat and I turn on the seat heater and massager to quiet them down each time. Lol! Of the 5 MB's I've ever owned this is certainly the best yet. They do enjoy the split view navi/tv screen. Looking forward to the next generation of MB."

Awesome vehicle

By on Saturday, August 30, 2014

"Most awesome car I have ever owned.....much better ride than BMW or Lexus"

Understated elegance and comfort

By on Sunday, June 01, 2014

Pros: "High quality, comfort, safety, handsome design."

Cons: "Lack of interior storage space, avg trunk space."

"I searched every make and model for a car that would fit my needs - this far exceeds my expectations. It rides and drives like no other. There are others that come close, but for safety, comfort and reliability, you cant ask for more. I got the Designo Espresso Mocha Black, premium black and sand leather interior, rear seat package, night vision (very handy on dark roads). AMG Sports plus one package. Every passenger has their own space and doesn't feel cramped. Excellent touring car and despite its size, its fun to drive in the city. MPG is averaging at 17 MPG in city - not bad for this type of car. The rear seat package also reduces the trunk size, but trunk is adequate. You also lose the lower level of front center console storage space due to rear seat climate control system and venting system. I miss a deep place to put "stuff", but it keeps me from accumulating excess stuff. lots of storage in side doors and under arm rests. Multicontour/massaging seats also eliminate storage drawers under the front seats. However, the trade-off for all the comfort options make up for lack of storage space. You cant beat the seating comfort and support they give you. They certainly hold you in place as you turn corners. Although you can use voice commands for just about everything its not simple. Still not a fan of the Comand module/mouse for most of the controls. I like simplistic buttons, knobs, and switches. Sure the car was pricey at $125,000, but I plan on keeping it for a long time and consider it an investment as far as safety, quality, build and dependability. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE the car and feel its the best car on the road - its just a lot of car with lots of features - I probably don't know half of what the car can actually do!! The craftsmanship of this car is remarkable."

This vehicle is the best auto I've ever owned.

By on Thursday, November 13, 2014

Pros: "There are far too many amenities to list."

Cons: "Depreciates too quickly in first and second year."

"This vehicle exudes class in its every amenity, of which there are too many to list. I would say this auto is the most sophisticated and best ride I've ever had the pleasure of driving."

showroom condition, panamera roof, best car ever

By on Saturday, November 05, 2011

Pros: "65,000"

"our fifth S-550, Best one yet. showroom condition, special metalic exterior paint , panarama roof"

By on Wednesday, January 12, 2011

"My 3rd s Class. Best car I have owed. Had an '08 and hated to give it up at end of lease. now have '10 and just as great. Th Mercedes name probably gets $7K on the price. Would like to see Mercedes put more in the technology and lead with new features instead of following."

Best S class

By on Friday, December 19, 2014

Pros: "Quality ,Size, Comfort, Service"

Cons: "Shifter on wheel, Complicated electronics."

"I have owned 8 MB. This is my third S class. It is by far, the best MB that I have owned. Quality,comfort,electronics, and ride are near perfect. MB service is excellent. I am looking foward to my 3rd S class in 3 or 4 years when the new model(2014)is sorted out."

Fabulous car

By on Thursday, July 31, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

"As soon as I test drove the car I knew it was terrific. Smooth drive; terrific acceleration; beautiful design; very responsive; overall one if the best cars we have ever owned; sorry it's time to trade it in"

Don't buy a Mercedes S-550 or any! they are LEMONS

By on Thursday, October 02, 2014

Pros: "Lemons !!!!!!!!!!!!"

Cons: "Buying it was a con !!!"

"Don't buy a Mercedes They are built to fail (Lemons)"

A truly remarkable car

By on Saturday, April 26, 2014

Pros: "Like driving a fast 5000 pound sports cloud"

Cons: "Service expensive, but only every 10,000 miles"

"I purchased my car gently used, but still under warranty, and Mercedes repaired everything that needed attention. It's a wonderful road car, elegant around town, safe and comfortable, probably the best car I've ever had. Buying it used saved almost 50% off original sticker price."

Perfection-, electronics if current PERFECTION+

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pros: "Bulletproof,size of a battleship-handles like a SL"

Cons: "Electroncs great for 2008, not 2014"

"A joy to drive, handles like a SL(though a huge one). Fast and 24mpg highway on regular gas (don't tell anyone about the regular). But Command system is a bit primitive compared to my 2012 and 2013 MBs. No lane change cautions in my side mirrors, dull rear view camera images (normal according to the dealer), sub optimal satellite radio reception (software upgrades marginally helpful), difficult voice recognition as it must be programmed to use it for cell phones, and OK but not so great GPS. I bought it new and can see no reason to trade it for 2014, though I would get better electronics and marginally better gas mileage and lane change warnings. A great car, mechanically nearly flawless, though not driven that much. Likely the best overall MB I've ever owned, and I have owned nearly 70 of them."

Definitely one of the best Mercedes I've owned

By on Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pros: "Fun, fast, great mileage, great handling & comfort"

Cons: "2006 voice control and sirius reception"

"I have owned about 65 Mercedes Benz vehicles since 1970 and this is one of the best. And I have a 2013 SL550 and 2012 ML350 diesel as well. This car gets 24mpg on the highway at unmentionable speeds with supreme comfort and handling for a car this large. And quick acceleration. Can only be faulted for 2006 designed electronics. Difficult voice controls for phone and navigation. Sirius satellite radio cuts out and back in where newer ones don't. Virtually no warranty claims since new in 2007. Can't see trading it in for a new one +65k to get slightly better acceleration, much better electronics, lane change warning and LED lamps. Its just too great a machine!"

Gorgeous Sedan

By on Sunday, December 04, 2011

Pros: "4Matic, heated and cooled front and rear seats"

Cons: "No heated and cooled cup holders,"

"I'm 20 years of age and my dad has a fully loaded 2011 Mercedes S-Class 4Matic"

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next