2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class

9.4

Based on 59 Ratings for the 2007 - 2014 models.

9.7/10
    9.8/10
    9.7/10

fine car bad value

By on Friday, March 04, 2011

"Purchased "certified pre-owned" but it had in my opinion, Barely if at all been looked at. Paid close to $3,000 for extended warranty that basically covered basics. Had major brake cable problem that was not covered. Used outside influence to shame dealership into fixing it. Otherwise, it is a great riding car with poor resale value."

Amazing car, expensive to keep, depreciates fast

By on Saturday, June 13, 2015

"Bought this S550 2007 second hand with 14K miles, impeccable condition.Rode it up to 61K miles in 4 years. Amazing ride, responsiveness, comfort, silent ride, looks, safety feeling, a dream car. Had to replace one of the computers' motherboard (would stuck in one gear without shifting), problems with the fuel system, the inflatable lumbar support, intermittent suspension noise at the front (still the MB local dealer does not know the cause). Expensive to keep, yes sir. Depreciates in value too fast, probably due to the cost to own it."

S550 (2010)-Built to last!

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "Power, ride, control, comfort"

Cons: "Pricey, but worth every cent!"

"This is an awesome car, made like no other! I travel 85% of the time for work. I bought it because I wanted to be comfortable and look good getting there. It's spacious, plush, and has just enough gadgets to keep me occupied through my daily grind. I seek opportunities to drive it even when I really don't have anyplace in particular to go. On one trip (approx. 350 miles 1 way) I cruised at 65-70 mph and was able to see about 29 mpg on average. This is pretty good for a car of this size and engine of this power. It's not the ride of the 1990's S-class however, it still beats anything out there in my opinion. It turns heads everywhere. Even my kids, who didn't want me to get it because they thought it looked like an "old mans" car, love to ride in it. Their only complaint is that it puts them to sleep every time. They don't know I control the entire car from my drivers seat and I turn on the seat heater and massager to quiet them down each time. Lol! Of the 5 MB's I've ever owned this is certainly the best yet. They do enjoy the split view navi/tv screen. Looking forward to the next generation of MB."

Awesome vehicle

By on Saturday, August 30, 2014

"Most awesome car I have ever owned.....much better ride than BMW or Lexus"

Understated elegance and comfort

By on Sunday, June 01, 2014

Pros: "High quality, comfort, safety, handsome design."

Cons: "Lack of interior storage space, avg trunk space."

"I searched every make and model for a car that would fit my needs - this far exceeds my expectations. It rides and drives like no other. There are others that come close, but for safety, comfort and reliability, you cant ask for more. I got the Designo Espresso Mocha Black, premium black and sand leather interior, rear seat package, night vision (very handy on dark roads). AMG Sports plus one package. Every passenger has their own space and doesn't feel cramped. Excellent touring car and despite its size, its fun to drive in the city. MPG is averaging at 17 MPG in city - not bad for this type of car. The rear seat package also reduces the trunk size, but trunk is adequate. You also lose the lower level of front center console storage space due to rear seat climate control system and venting system. I miss a deep place to put "stuff", but it keeps me from accumulating excess stuff. lots of storage in side doors and under arm rests. Multicontour/massaging seats also eliminate storage drawers under the front seats. However, the trade-off for all the comfort options make up for lack of storage space. You cant beat the seating comfort and support they give you. They certainly hold you in place as you turn corners. Although you can use voice commands for just about everything its not simple. Still not a fan of the Comand module/mouse for most of the controls. I like simplistic buttons, knobs, and switches. Sure the car was pricey at $125,000, but I plan on keeping it for a long time and consider it an investment as far as safety, quality, build and dependability. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE the car and feel its the best car on the road - its just a lot of car with lots of features - I probably don't know half of what the car can actually do!! The craftsmanship of this car is remarkable."