2005 Mercedes-Benz S-Class

Based on 99 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Very nice riding handling car. Very dependable.

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "Looks, ride, dependability"

Cons: "parts expensive at dealer vs independent eshop"

"Second owner for last 7 years. Looks and drives well. Major expense was for air shock and ac compressor. However, car has 233,000 miles with solid motor and trans as well as beautiful interior and riding comfort."

Best Car I Have Ever Owned

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "Great looking, fun to drive, built like a tank."

Cons: "Gas mileage and need a good radar detector"

"I purchase this car used with 50K miles. Now have 98k. I have to say this car has been impressive in every respect except fuel mileage. It is powerful and quick and handles remarkably well for a car this size. With the ABC sport mode active it is virtually impossible for the car to lose grip on tight corners at high speeds. The luxuries and amenities are incredible. Seating is super comfortable and back seat leg room is like a limo. There are so many luxuries incorporated into this car that it take two volumes of instructions just to cover them all. This car is super quiet and a blast to drive on long trips. This car was built for the autobahn and was made to go fast and be safe. Its a blast to drive! The only down side is the gas mileage but what do you expect in a car of this size and power? Also, this car was built to last. Repairs have been modest although one has to find a good independent Mercedes mechanic otherwise the dealerships will crucify you. Never-the-less this is one great car which will likely become a classic. I would highly recommend this car."

stay away

By on Monday, December 06, 2010

"this was the first mecedes we owned and the last. Started out good then repairs all the time, and not inexpensive ones and then the rust started and within 8 months every 1/4 pannel fender and trunk has rust. Bad choice of vehicles."

Great car

By on Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pros: "Wonderful for long drives"

"I love this car. Best car I have ever owned. It is like driving around in your living room. It is smooth, comfortable, roomy, quiet, and I feel safe."

Outstanding raod car.

By on Sunday, December 25, 2011

Pros: "Outstanding integration of Mercedes engineering."

Cons: "none, I knew what I wanted in a car."

2005 S430 V

"I have owned this for many years and this 2005 S430 has proven to be an outstanding road car. Travel from the the West Coast to the East Coast I adveraged 27 mpg mixed driving. I save the numbers and ran the math after 3,700 mile trips of mixed driving and the average was always 27 MPG. This car runs like the 280 SE I had. Point it down the road and all of the engineering comes into play. The integration of the engineering is outstanding. I found a 2006 S430 4matic and shipped it to my brother in South Carolina. He told me that he would not purchase another car unless it was a Mercedes S Class. I like preventive maintenance so at 50,000 miles I replace the brakes on both axles, replaced the transmission fulid, the differential oil, the radiator fluid, new fuel filter, new transmission fliter, rocker panels that run under the doors, new battery, the best Michelin tires I can place on this car (including spare) and the B Service. I always ask for an oil sample and send it to the Blackstone Labs for oil analysis. The oil reports have always come back as perfect. My main area of driving is in the high altitude deserts of Utah, Arizona, Colorado, and New Mexico. I have my car detailed twice a year at the Mercedes. I use to commute to work at an average of 180 miles per day. This car has not diappointed me. I expected the best in engineering and the integration of that engineering and this car continues to provide that satisfaction."

2005 S430 V