2005 Mercedes-Benz S-Class

Based on 99 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Outstanding raod car.

By on Sunday, December 25, 2011

Pros: "Outstanding integration of Mercedes engineering."

Cons: "none, I knew what I wanted in a car."

2005 S430 V

"I have owned this for many years and this 2005 S430 has proven to be an outstanding road car. Travel from the the West Coast to the East Coast I adveraged 27 mpg mixed driving. I save the numbers and ran the math after 3,700 mile trips of mixed driving and the average was always 27 MPG. This car runs like the 280 SE I had. Point it down the road and all of the engineering comes into play. The integration of the engineering is outstanding. I found a 2006 S430 4matic and shipped it to my brother in South Carolina. He told me that he would not purchase another car unless it was a Mercedes S Class. I like preventive maintenance so at 50,000 miles I replace the brakes on both axles, replaced the transmission fulid, the differential oil, the radiator fluid, new fuel filter, new transmission fliter, rocker panels that run under the doors, new battery, the best Michelin tires I can place on this car (including spare) and the B Service. I always ask for an oil sample and send it to the Blackstone Labs for oil analysis. The oil reports have always come back as perfect. My main area of driving is in the high altitude deserts of Utah, Arizona, Colorado, and New Mexico. I have my car detailed twice a year at the Mercedes. I use to commute to work at an average of 180 miles per day. This car has not diappointed me. I expected the best in engineering and the integration of that engineering and this car continues to provide that satisfaction."

2005 S430 V

Great car

By on Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pros: "Wonderful for long drives"

"I love this car. Best car I have ever owned. It is like driving around in your living room. It is smooth, comfortable, roomy, quiet, and I feel safe."

S 600 is the best vehicle ever I personally own

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "super charge, top confort and luxery"

"The Rock is a presidential car no has competition with his powerful motor 12 pistons in V twin turbo.....from 0 to 80 miles per hour in only 10 seconds....no comparisons"

Benz's rock folks. S500 is an incredible machine.

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pros: "sweet ride"

Cons: "pricey when things go sideways"

"The S500 is a dream car to drive locally or cross country. Raw power coupled with shear comfort sets the S500 apart from others. Really like the body style of my 2000 model over the 2012/13 models. Just terrific suspension and the Bose sound system fit perfectly for cruising up Pacific Coast Highway outside Santa Barbara. Really easy to blow people off the road on the interstate."

This car is terribly unreliable.

By on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pros: "NIce, comfortable, roomy and elegant car."

Cons: "Diverse electrical problems requiring specialists."

"Way too many electrical and mechanical problems. My warranty expired and I am paying more for repairs than banknote. Everything is electronic thus requiring specialists who spend time troubleshooting and repairing rather than maintaining my car. At only 95k mi I have spent well over $14,000 in repairs alone, needless to say routine maintenance as well."