2004 Mercedes-Benz S-Class

Based on 99 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Outstanding raod car.

By on Sunday, December 25, 2011

Pros: "Outstanding integration of Mercedes engineering."

Cons: "none, I knew what I wanted in a car."

2005 S430 V

"I have owned this for many years and this 2005 S430 has proven to be an outstanding road car. Travel from the the West Coast to the East Coast I adveraged 27 mpg mixed driving. I save the numbers and ran the math after 3,700 mile trips of mixed driving and the average was always 27 MPG. This car runs like the 280 SE I had. Point it down the road and all of the engineering comes into play. The integration of the engineering is outstanding. I found a 2006 S430 4matic and shipped it to my brother in South Carolina. He told me that he would not purchase another car unless it was a Mercedes S Class. I like preventive maintenance so at 50,000 miles I replace the brakes on both axles, replaced the transmission fulid, the differential oil, the radiator fluid, new fuel filter, new transmission fliter, rocker panels that run under the doors, new battery, the best Michelin tires I can place on this car (including spare) and the B Service. I always ask for an oil sample and send it to the Blackstone Labs for oil analysis. The oil reports have always come back as perfect. My main area of driving is in the high altitude deserts of Utah, Arizona, Colorado, and New Mexico. I have my car detailed twice a year at the Mercedes. I use to commute to work at an average of 180 miles per day. This car has not diappointed me. I expected the best in engineering and the integration of that engineering and this car continues to provide that satisfaction."

2005 S430 V

Great car

By on Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pros: "Wonderful for long drives"

"I love this car. Best car I have ever owned. It is like driving around in your living room. It is smooth, comfortable, roomy, quiet, and I feel safe."

S 600 is the best vehicle ever I personally own

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "super charge, top confort and luxery"

"The Rock is a presidential car no has competition with his powerful motor 12 pistons in V twin turbo.....from 0 to 80 miles per hour in only 10 seconds....no comparisons"

Benz's rock folks. S500 is an incredible machine.

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pros: "sweet ride"

Cons: "pricey when things go sideways"

"The S500 is a dream car to drive locally or cross country. Raw power coupled with shear comfort sets the S500 apart from others. Really like the body style of my 2000 model over the 2012/13 models. Just terrific suspension and the Bose sound system fit perfectly for cruising up Pacific Coast Highway outside Santa Barbara. Really easy to blow people off the road on the interstate."

This car is terribly unreliable.

By on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pros: "NIce, comfortable, roomy and elegant car."

Cons: "Diverse electrical problems requiring specialists."

"Way too many electrical and mechanical problems. My warranty expired and I am paying more for repairs than banknote. Everything is electronic thus requiring specialists who spend time troubleshooting and repairing rather than maintaining my car. At only 95k mi I have spent well over $14,000 in repairs alone, needless to say routine maintenance as well."

too expensive to maintain

By on Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Reason: costly repairs expensive parts

Pros: "Low price for a used one"

"Here is my prob with this car... i brought one used with 130k on it. Everytime there was a prob I had to pay 200.00 just for the shop to look at it.. The parts were really expensive and if it wasn't for the junk yard i would've been in trouble. The values are so low on this car now anybody can buy one. It's a cool car just buy it with low miles. My friend has one too, and we both had problems with the air suspension,electrical problems, among other issues."

A good car which lacks the quality it entitled

By on Thursday, January 02, 2014

"I bought is car second hand and paid $7,436 in Jan 2013. It has done 165,000km and in very good condition. I think the ex-owners had looked after it very meticulously. It has a greyish colour body and blueish colour interior. Fully optioned to the extent that it has a fridge, electric trunk lid and a TV + in-car mobile phone. I have spent some money to repair it, the key ones being: O2 sensors, MAF, oil changes (engine + transmission), water host and recently oil leak at the front of engine. Considering a 11 years old car,it is not bad. However, like other reviews had mentioned, it has a flimsy build in the passenger compartment and also give an impression that very plastic feel. Things break easily. Compared to a BMW 7 series E38 I drove, this one even has water stains sipping into the window glass from the top. I feel a bit disappointed with the quality but then for a well maintained car which worth $90+K when new, I think it is still worth the money as long as the maintenance is not catching up with me in a big way... soon."

Awesome best highway car ever

By on Sunday, April 07, 2013

Pros: "Best ride and comfort with all accessories"

"I have owned Mercedes,BMW,porsche ,Audi etc. Hands down this is the best of the bunch."

Love this car!

By on Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pros: "Quality, drive, comfortable, reliable, beautiful"

"Quality in all aspects, very comfortable - Lots of leg room in front and back, superb drive with total control and braking, we love everything about this car. We have maintained (oil, check-ups, etc) according to MB's recommendations and expect this car to go for 300K miles or more. Another good point for these cars is that MB does not alter the style dramatically year to year so even after several years, they are not "dated"."

The high mark in German engineering

By on Thursday, February 09, 2012

Pros: "Ride, handling, low key looks, quickness"

Cons: "Weak cup holder, gas mileage, 2 tire choices"

"I bought a 2004 AMG 55 8 months ago with 64,000 miles. To be honest, I was expecting something expensive to pop up shortly after purchase, because this is what happened when I bought a used BMW 740il, as well as when I purchased a used 911 cabriolet. I expect to spend about $2000.00 to $2500.00 when I purchase a used German vehicle. It's just the nature of beast in my eyes. But after 8 months and 11,000 miles, I haven't spent a nickel on this car yet beyond gas. I drove it from TX to Phoenix and back 2 days after I bought it. I always knew I would eventually get an 04 to an 06, because the 07 looks horrible to me and I am throughly pleased with this car. I am due for it's Service B soon and it will need new ball joints, but the way I drive it, yeah, I'm not surprised. I don't see me ever getting rid of it minus it getting totalled in an accident. I can never go back to a BMW now and I used to be a die hard Bimmer lover. I am a MB man now."

ONE OF THE BEST VEHICLES I OWNED

By on Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Pros: "GREAT CAR"

Cons: "REPAIRS ARE HIGH BUT DONE RIGHT AT MERCEDES DEALER"

"I GET 21 MPG IN THE CITY AND 28 TO 31 ON THE OPEN ROAD I CANT SAY ENOUGHT GOOD THINGS ABOUT THIS CAR YOU TAKE CARE OF IT AND IT TAKES CARE OF YOU I CHANGE THE OIL EVERY 3000 MILES EVEN THO THEY TELL ME I DONT HAVE TO KEEP UP ON EVERY THING AND MY CAR RUNS LIKE NEW ITS WORTH EVERY PENNY I PAYED AND THEN SOME I GOT IT ALL BACK AS ITS GOING ON 13 YEARS YOUNG AND STILL LOOKS NEW"

Rock Solid

By on Friday, January 06, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, acceleration and overall ride."

Cons: "Cost of repairs."

"Best car I've owned and/or driven. Bought it used in 2011. Aside from an electrical issue w/ the battery, and automatic trunk, this car has been perfect. Acceleration, ride and comfort are best in class. Need to pass on the highway, 60mph to 80 with no hesitation or downshift. Smooth. Tons of interior room (i'm 6'4"), even w/ 3 kids in rear. 4-matic performs fine in snow, even w/ performance tires."

I've loved this car!

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

Pros: "Nice, solid, heavy car. Drives smooth and quiet"

Cons: "Maintenance Cost!"

"Nice, solid car with plenty of room. Has been a delight to own except for when needing maintenace. Every time you take it in it's about $2000 in repairs. If you can get past that, it drives beautifully!"

An excellent car

By on Friday, February 25, 2011

"I have owned this vehicle for three years without mechanical issues of any kind."

By on Saturday, February 19, 2011

s 500

By on Wednesday, February 02, 2011

"bought beinz used its been a great car,faster then my lexus i had. no issues i had to replace a sensor 2years ago cost me 150 dollars.very smooth ride plus very fast get one its a dream ride."

Great road car

By on Tuesday, January 18, 2011

"Amazing power combined with extreme comfort. This is a great choice for long road trips. The high torque makes very respectable mileage at internatate speeds. Ample power for quick passing and quite nimble for such a large 4 door sedan. Dynamic seats are extremely comfortable."

First MB

By on Sunday, December 05, 2010

"Purchased a 2001 s430 used with low mileage 62000. Vehicle drives great plenty of power and comfort. Plastic bottom seat trim cheap and cracked. The dealer replaced it. CD changer magazine would not be recognized but dealer seemed to solve the problem. Gas mileage not bad for an 8cyl."

Best vehicle ever !

By on Saturday, September 07, 2013

Pros: "best used car for the money"

"launches like a rocket stops on a dime and rides smooth at high speeds all day long"

Best Car I've ever drove

By on Sunday, January 01, 2012

"You feel like a king driving this car"

outstanding vehicle People think it is still new

By on Saturday, December 10, 2011

"outstanding"

Mercedes In Court? 2004 S430 gone bad

By on Saturday, July 02, 2011

Pros: "Great if they're good"

Cons: "Dump it NOW if problems start. It won't get better, only expensive"

"Let me preface this by saying I enjoy driving MB products. There are few equals to their luxury lineup. I try others, it's just not the same combo of luxury and ability to get it on. Street or track. Anyway.... I had a 2001 430S, Trans and drive train were great. Outstanding acceleration and response. Too bad it started rusting through... Got the 2004 430S. Four times vehicle would not move away from a stop light normally. Trans would go into limp mode, and not go over 10 mph. Each time, Dealer: "There aren't any codes, even if there were, doesn't mean anything is wrong" Huhh? Finally got sick and tired. Asked four very aggressive attorneys for the best lemon law guy. All recommended same guy. Called him. Told him it was a Benz. "Ohhh". He says something like... MB doesn't settle. This will go to court. Look, I can get you the value of the car, but here's the thing, if you ever spit on the side walk, MB will trot that out in court. Ever not smile at a neighbor's kid, they'll ask why. Ever smiled at a little girl? They'll probably have a suggestion for that too. OK then. MB did eventually find a meaningful error code for the trans... about a month after warranty expiration. Oh, and I forget the other problem with the 2004, where one day the engine started running rough. Dealer had car for two months. "We had to order a part ALL THE WAY FROM GERMANY..." Gee, I said, Toyota ordered a part for my Avalon from Japan on Tuesday. On Friday Toyota called and said car was ready with new part, and please accept apologies for the unacceptable long delay. Thank God it didn't have to come from GERMANY. So, why did I rate the car so high? When it's good, it's without peer."

By on Thursday, February 17, 2011

By on Wednesday, February 16, 2011

"Seats are not comfortable for distance driving. It does not ride or handle like a full size BMW I previously owned. I would not make this my first choice again. Just a stable basic car!"

2001 S55 AMG

By on Sunday, February 13, 2011

"This is my third Benz and have found them to be of high quality, safe, and very comfortable. I was struck by the value with the S55 AMG. It's a car that is relatively low maintenance with the exception of the rear tires, my enthusiastic driving makes full use of the torque and horsepower available with this car. I use this as my everyday car and thoroughly enjoy the balance of performance and comfort. Doing 85mph at 2800rpm is a gentle example of the headroom under the hood. It's a great to travel with, readily accomodating 4-5 adults with lots of leg room in the back. Overall, I would encourage many to at the very least, take the S55 AMG for a test drive, it is an excellent combination of many captivating elements that will provide pleasure for many moons."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next