2003 Mercedes-Benz S-Class

Based on 99 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

stay away

By on Monday, December 06, 2010

"this was the first mecedes we owned and the last. Started out good then repairs all the time, and not inexpensive ones and then the rust started and within 8 months every 1/4 pannel fender and trunk has rust. Bad choice of vehicles."

Very nice riding handling car. Very dependable.

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "Looks, ride, dependability"

Cons: "parts expensive at dealer vs independent eshop"

"Second owner for last 7 years. Looks and drives well. Major expense was for air shock and ac compressor. However, car has 233,000 miles with solid motor and trans as well as beautiful interior and riding comfort."

Great car

By on Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pros: "Wonderful for long drives"

"I love this car. Best car I have ever owned. It is like driving around in your living room. It is smooth, comfortable, roomy, quiet, and I feel safe."

Outstanding raod car.

By on Sunday, December 25, 2011

Pros: "Outstanding integration of Mercedes engineering."

Cons: "none, I knew what I wanted in a car."

2005 S430 V

"I have owned this for many years and this 2005 S430 has proven to be an outstanding road car. Travel from the the West Coast to the East Coast I adveraged 27 mpg mixed driving. I save the numbers and ran the math after 3,700 mile trips of mixed driving and the average was always 27 MPG. This car runs like the 280 SE I had. Point it down the road and all of the engineering comes into play. The integration of the engineering is outstanding. I found a 2006 S430 4matic and shipped it to my brother in South Carolina. He told me that he would not purchase another car unless it was a Mercedes S Class. I like preventive maintenance so at 50,000 miles I replace the brakes on both axles, replaced the transmission fulid, the differential oil, the radiator fluid, new fuel filter, new transmission fliter, rocker panels that run under the doors, new battery, the best Michelin tires I can place on this car (including spare) and the B Service. I always ask for an oil sample and send it to the Blackstone Labs for oil analysis. The oil reports have always come back as perfect. My main area of driving is in the high altitude deserts of Utah, Arizona, Colorado, and New Mexico. I have my car detailed twice a year at the Mercedes. I use to commute to work at an average of 180 miles per day. This car has not diappointed me. I expected the best in engineering and the integration of that engineering and this car continues to provide that satisfaction."

2005 S430 V

S 600 is the best vehicle ever I personally own

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "super charge, top confort and luxery"

"The Rock is a presidential car no has competition with his powerful motor 12 pistons in V twin turbo.....from 0 to 80 miles per hour in only 10 seconds....no comparisons"