1998 Mercedes-Benz S-Class

Based on 133 Ratings for the 1992 - 1999 models.

Best Benz Yet

By on Monday, December 1, 2008

"Between my wife and I, we've owned ten Mercedes over the past 17 years and this is the best to date! Love the styling, accellration and comfort. Only problem so far is that I have had several "false-positive problem notices" suddenly appear (such as "check oil"----three days after I'd had it in for an oil change, etc.) but, as always, my dealer has been very responsive in addressing these things. To "try something different." my wife chose a BMW X3 two years ago...nice vehicle but she's definately coming back to another Mercedes when her lease is over next July because (her quote) "I just feel better driving a Mercedes." By the way, I also have a 1983 389SL; a Beverly Hills one owner with 77-K original miles on it (Light Bronze color and in #1 condition) whichI drive when the urge strikes me and the weather is perfect.) I don't know which of my two Mercedes draws the most looks and favorable comments. Anyway, I would (and have) recommended the S-550 to several people. P.S. When I "grow up" (I'm only 67 now) I may move up to th S-63 ...maybe for my "big 70 birthday!."

What a machine!!!

By on Thursday, October 16, 2008

"This is the finest automobile....four door sedan in the world....hands down. I bought a pre-loved 07 with AMG pkg. WOW....this car takes my breath away. I am constantly making up excuses to take a drive. Handles like a dream, power to spare, and very,very quiet. Mercedes, you hit a grand slam with this 9th generation Sclass.....and no...........I do not work for MB or any dealer. I just flat out love this car."

The perfect car

By on Thursday, September 13, 2007

"I have driven lots of luxury cars, this one is the ultimate in any aspects."

when nothing else will do.

By on Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Reason: 5 years was plenty

Pros: "styling, handling, performance and comfort"

Cons: "20 year old benz is a hole in your pocket."

1996 S600 in blue with grey interior

"I bought mine in 2011 with 139k mi. 1996 was the facelift and had many upgrades and what we today call "patches". The W140 chassis is legendary in build and performance. They are also legendary for cost of ownership. Fortunately, mine was a company car. Very few cars have the performance, styling, handling, comfort and prestige of an S600. Plenty of room for your passengers in comfort. The S600 has the reclining rear heated seats and separate a/c controls. I obtained the high mileage award from Mercedes. I wish the rest of the car held up as well as that V-12. Water pumps are a replacement item and mine got a new one about every three years. The S600 likely become collectable when there aren't any left...;) A truly great road car but bring your checkbook. The car tops out at about 135 mph and it will do that easily in comfort. This car inspires confidence in all weather and road conditions. I hated to let her go but the accountant literally said, "you need a more expensive car"."

1996 S600 in blue with grey interior

best benz mercedes makes.

By on Friday, July 6, 2012

"very good car built very well solid,also a very safe car,built like a tank."