1998 Mercedes-Benz S-Class

Based on 133 Ratings for the 1994 - 1999 models.

Best Benz Yet

By on Monday, December 1, 2008

"Between my wife and I, we've owned ten Mercedes over the past 17 years and this is the best to date! Love the styling, accellration and comfort. Only problem so far is that I have had several "false-positive problem notices" suddenly appear (such as "check oil"----three days after I'd had it in for an oil change, etc.) but, as always, my dealer has been very responsive in addressing these things. To "try something different." my wife chose a BMW X3 two years ago...nice vehicle but she's definately coming back to another Mercedes when her lease is over next July because (her quote) "I just feel better driving a Mercedes." By the way, I also have a 1983 389SL; a Beverly Hills one owner with 77-K original miles on it (Light Bronze color and in #1 condition) whichI drive when the urge strikes me and the weather is perfect.) I don't know which of my two Mercedes draws the most looks and favorable comments. Anyway, I would (and have) recommended the S-550 to several people. P.S. When I "grow up" (I'm only 67 now) I may move up to th S-63 ...maybe for my "big 70 birthday!."

What a machine!!!

By on Thursday, October 16, 2008

"This is the finest automobile....four door sedan in the world....hands down. I bought a pre-loved 07 with AMG pkg. WOW....this car takes my breath away. I am constantly making up excuses to take a drive. Handles like a dream, power to spare, and very,very quiet. Mercedes, you hit a grand slam with this 9th generation Sclass.....and no...........I do not work for MB or any dealer. I just flat out love this car."

The perfect car

By on Thursday, September 13, 2007

"I have driven lots of luxury cars, this one is the ultimate in any aspects."

best benz mercedes makes.

By on Friday, July 6, 2012

"very good car built very well solid,also a very safe car,built like a tank."

Best Luxury Sedan

By on Saturday, November 14, 2009

"My last MB was a 2000 S500, went to an '04 745iL, traded it for a Lexus within 12 months, as I hated the I Drive. When the S550 came out I drove it and the LS460, It was so obvious to me that the S550 4matic was the better luxury sedan. well worth the extra money. Night and day improvement over the last generation S. After 2 years and 27K miles, I still enjoy driving the S550. It's still as tight as new. Dealer service has been excellent. The resale value is insulting, but that just makes me want to keep it for a few more years."

Sixth & Best S Class

By on Saturday, May 2, 2009

"This is the sixth S Class I've had in the last 20 years and it is the most impressive (although I have fond memories of my '88 420SEL). There have been no significant problems and even the gas mileage (almost 25 mpg hwy) isn't bad for a car of this weight and power. The initial set of tires was good for 35K miles. The only downside is the resale value which is why I'm glad I leased it."

Not bad

By on Saturday, February 28, 2009

"This is a luxury 205 in sedan, there are many problems in mechanisms, however this car is one of the best in the class. Although it has a very exquisive appearance it is very expensive and you have to pay a 1,000 dollar gas guzzler tax. If you are willing to buy this car it is recommended that you keep it well. Beats the BMW 7 series and the Lexus LS models."

good ride

By on Friday, November 16, 2012

Cons: "gas"

"Excellent ride very roomy. mileage could be better but it's a Mercedes"

The best car on the road!

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pros: "Great handling and mpg. Holds its value."

Cons: "RWD only. Expensive parts."

"I fell in love with this since the first day I saw it!. I was looking for a s420 but found this beautiful s320 with only 80,000 miles and knew that I had to have it! Everything was still in good working condition.1 owner car.Only thing I replaced were the wheels and tires to make it look better.Plus installed HID's. Car runs like a champ and it gets a lot of attention on the road or parked on the streets."

Just Plain Amazing

By on Sunday, March 13, 2011

"Bought this car with 99000 miles I've only put 1000 on it and i don't want to keep driving it cause its so amazing nothing is wrong except for a front side panel is missing the seats are comfortable to the extreme and suprisingly, the AC works wonders. Love it!"