1996 Mercedes-Benz S-Class

Based on 124 Ratings for the 1992 - 1999 models.

Previous | 1 ... 22 23 24 25 | Next

Poor Quality Control

By on Sunday, December 23, 2007

"This is my 4th Mercedes Benz. The older models were definately better made. I have had my S for about 2 years. Comfort is outstanding as is styling. Performance is great and driving it is smooth. The electrical system and trim pieces are worse than a Yugo. It seems that MB has picked the lowest bidder for any plastic parts on the vehicle. The visor flip up turn on the light - well, it's supposed to. I've been through three passenger and two driver side visors. The storage compartment plastic desintigrated the second time it was used. Same for the cup holder. Wood trim cracks. I do not abuse my vehicles and do not even eat in it. It's just plain poor quality control. Service and warranty is good - it better be since it's in the service department as much as it is in my garage. I'll definately have to sell it before the warranty runs out."

The best S-Class yet

By on Saturday, December 15, 2007

"I have been driving large mercedes sedans since 1980 and this is the best one yet. It is total quality, performance and reliability in an elegant package. It is quiet and fast and I feel totaly safe in this vehicle."

As good as it gets

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2007

"Waited 22 months to get a fully loaded S-550 and it was well worth the wait. Best handling and performing car I've ever owned. Dynamic Drive Front Seats with side cushions that inflate to hold you in place during turns is awesome, Cruise control that will bring you to a complete stop without touching anything in traffic is wonderful. Ride is silky smooth, yet corners very well, especially at high speeds, but then the servo-driven leveling when cornering is excellent. I'd wait again to have this car. The only negative is that the windshield wiper control (typical "smart stick") is hidden from view by one of the steering wheel spokes."

The perfect car

By on Thursday, September 13, 2007

"I have driven lots of luxury cars, this one is the ultimate in any aspects."

Absolutely Love This Car

By on Thursday, August 30, 2007

"After driving American made cars for the last 30 years, I decided to seek out and get the best car made - period. The newly designed S-550 won hands down. I love the quiet, smooth, comfortable ride, with plenty of power when you need it. And it is very quiet. The electronics are excellent with redundant controlls, and the voice recognition system rarely misunderstands my commands. My wife, who had been a Lexus fan, got so jealous of my new S-550 that she traded in her LS430 for a new S-550 of her own."

Previous | 1 ... 22 23 24 25 | Next