• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class

Based on 128 Ratings for the 1992 - 1999 models.

If you can afford it.....

By on Tuesday, June 15, 2010

"This is my second S class and I continue to be impressed by the quality and workmanship of these fine machines. I put over 100,000 miles on my first S500 without any major mechanical problems. The only negative was tire life. I averaged 20,000 miles on a set of tires. With the AMG package the staggered tires (bigger in the back) cost over $350 per. As I said, if you can afford it the S class is the only way to go. The S550 is another leap ahead in every respect. The electronics package is a little difficult to use (too many buttons to do something simple like changing radio stations) but all in all it is first rate. The lady's voice on the navigation is even nice! If you want to make a statement when you arrive do it in an S class. This baby is a real head turner."

Wow!

By on Sunday, May 31, 2009

"This is the best vehicle I have ever owned. And that is saying something, because I have owned Maserati's, Lamborghini's, and two Ferrari's. Would reccomend to anyone."

Best Benz Yet

By on Monday, December 01, 2008

"Between my wife and I, we've owned ten Mercedes over the past 17 years and this is the best to date! Love the styling, accellration and comfort. Only problem so far is that I have had several "false-positive problem notices" suddenly appear (such as "check oil"----three days after I'd had it in for an oil change, etc.) but, as always, my dealer has been very responsive in addressing these things. To "try something different." my wife chose a BMW X3 two years ago...nice vehicle but she's definately coming back to another Mercedes when her lease is over next July because (her quote) "I just feel better driving a Mercedes." By the way, I also have a 1983 389SL; a Beverly Hills one owner with 77-K original miles on it (Light Bronze color and in #1 condition) whichI drive when the urge strikes me and the weather is perfect.) I don't know which of my two Mercedes draws the most looks and favorable comments. Anyway, I would (and have) recommended the S-550 to several people. P.S. When I "grow up" (I'm only 67 now) I may move up to th S-63 ...maybe for my "big 70 birthday!."

What a machine!!!

By on Thursday, October 16, 2008

"This is the finest automobile....four door sedan in the world....hands down. I bought a pre-loved 07 with AMG pkg. WOW....this car takes my breath away. I am constantly making up excuses to take a drive. Handles like a dream, power to spare, and very,very quiet. Mercedes, you hit a grand slam with this 9th generation Sclass.....and no...........I do not work for MB or any dealer. I just flat out love this car."

The perfect car

By on Thursday, September 13, 2007

"I have driven lots of luxury cars, this one is the ultimate in any aspects."