1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class

Based on 129 Ratings for the 1992 - 1999 models.

Great Car.

By on Sunday, January 01, 2012

"Bought the car at a good price. Needed a few repairs which was expected at the mileage it's at. Drives great, no oil consumption overall its a great used car."

The bench mark

By on Wednesday, June 20, 2007

"This S Class its got to be the best one yet. I drove the lexus ls460, Jaguar, and BMW7 Series, which in my opinion was the 2nd best out of the other 2. I love the way the cS class handles, the way you can drive in town or on the expressway."

This beautiful car was built with luxury!

By on Friday, April 26, 2013

Pros: "You get your money's worth when you buy this car"

Cons: "The car uses a lot of gas for its large motor"

"The body of this car is strong and powerful unlike the body of the cars buit today.. I travel a lot and if you take care of this car it is very reliable. Although this car uses up a lot gas for some reason it is very good on long distance trips. The 1994 Mercedes Benz S 500 has all the comfort and luxury you'll ever need. I love this car especially my car because it has custom bullet proof windows. This is one of the best cars ever built. :+)"

A lot of car for the money (low mile preowned)

By on Sunday, November 18, 2012

Pros: "Fast, Comfortable, Classy,Fun to Drive,affordable"

Cons: "A bit bouncy in rear only over bumps/dips"

"This car is amazing...Performance,Prestige,Quality...Makes one feel "in charge" on the roadway. Just be careful!!"

best & last of the classic mercedes sedan

By on Saturday, February 21, 2015

"This is the sedan that became a classic because of the amazing construction and features that set the goal for all future mercedes to achieve. This is the last year that mercedes was truly the ultimate sedan and the one to aspire to one day own. Find one in excellent condition and you will not be dissapointed, you will be envied!"

BEST VEHICLE EVER!

By on Saturday, August 09, 2014

"Complete perfection, my favorite car. Drives like dream..... Looks fantastic, strong, fast and reliable..... PERFECT"

The best road car i have ever driven to date

By on Friday, November 11, 2011

Pros: "Quality engineered nothing rides like inspiring"

"Vehicle is made of high quality materials This is the last of the over engineered Mercedes 2 tons exellent fuel economy and Beautiful in every way vehicle is 18 years old and drives like new with 170k miles"

What a car!!

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"I have owned my '07 S550 4Matic for 8 months. I ordered the AMG Sport Package, which in my opinion, is the best $5,600 one could spend on this car. The AMG trim really sets this vehicle apart from the standard S550. I also have the reat seat package, which made it great for the kids on a recent trip to Florida. Two complaints: (1) I would expect that Bluetooth technology be standard in a $100K car and (2) the passanger mirror tilts downward when in reverse, but the driver's mirror does not. This is my first Benz, and will definitely not be my last. It is such a pleasure to drive and gets plenty of looks from other drivers."

MY BEAUTIFUL S550!!!

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007

"An excellent spectacular car to drive. Performance is fast, best S class i have ever owned! Love the electronic trunk closer and harmon kardon sound, and etc!! In addition i like it better than my E class and my previous Mercedes Benz(s) i have owned as well as my BMW 7 series!"

Uncompromising Quality

By on Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Pros: "Rock-solid,luxurious, classic, fantastic to drive"

Cons: "hard to maintain sometimes, gas guzzler"

"The Mercedes W140 S-Class is the last car that Mercedes ever built where quality was paramount over cost. Everything is overengineered and beautifully executed. It's like driving a rolling bank vault. I'm on my second one. First one I bought new in 1995, this one I got pre-owned a few years ago. Sure, there are newer cars today with more gadgets or modern conveniences, but very few can even come close to the driving experience of this car. Once you drive it, almost everything else feels like a step down -- and the cars that do equal it today cost several hundred thousand dollars. The car is reliable in that it'll never leave you stranded, but you do need to keep up with the maintenance -- and that can get expensive, especially once they hit 100,000 miles and a lot of the secondary systems need to be refreshed. But if you're okay with proper maintenance, you'll be rewarded with one of the best cars ever made. It was designed to cover long distances at high speed in great comfort, and it manages that perfectly."

An Icon

By on Thursday, December 25, 2014

Pros: "Sound System! Feeling ghetto fab when driving."

Cons: "Gas"

"This car caught my eye while driving by a used car lot in Spring 2014. Looked like it had been sitting for a while so I told the guy 'if it starts, I'm getting it.' It started and ran shockingly well. This was a 20 year old vehicle without a spot on the carpet, the leather in the rear appeared never sat upon. The paint was bright and clear with a perfect mirror finish, not a line or detail was irregular. When driving the first thing I noticed was the absence of the most minor squeak or rattle. This was a 20 year old car in a low rent used car lot in central Phoenix, I thought to myself there is something wrong here. Turns out the 'CARFAX' appeared to be scaring people away. One owner for like 17 years but 4 in the last 3 3 of which were dealers. Seems there were a few electrical quirks in this highly engineered vehicle. Very small stuff the dealer was explaining away. The idea was to get an adult project that kept me out of trouble on weekends. After much help from MB sites and owners narrowed the quirkiness to an overcharging situation above 14V when running. This like putting this car's early brain on Meth. The advice was to try replacing the voltage regulator first and I did. Took me 3 days but I did it. Turned the key after and Bingo no longer quirky. You can ride low and slow or blow past all the Honda coupes that are trying to show off. A very fun car. As of a month ago was contemplating selling due to premium gas at 3.80 and rising, now that its 2.30 and falling think Ill wait it out. These cars if for sale are usually 4-7K and a steal considering the orig. MSRP of 98,500. Honestly looks, runs and feels like a 20 month old car."

There are watches and there are time-peices -

By on Friday, June 19, 2015

Pros: "Stance, presence and royalty"

Cons: "A billion in R&D and no usable cupholders!?"

"There are cars and then there is the S-Klasse. I bought my 1999 S-320 W-140 car a year ago. So far it has cost me the price of a headlight bulb I bought the 2-pack so that they would match; about $22.00 US. Easy install. That being said the previous owner provided me with enough receipts to assure me that it would/should be a relatively low maintenance M.B. as he had receipts for 4 transmission flushes, many more oil changes ( I bought a filter cover tool to do them myself. $23.00 US online. The filters are $8.24 at the Merc. dealership parts dept.) and he'd swapped the brake lines for stainless steel, machined and had the head powder coated of course new head gasket, new MAS, all fluids: steering, brakes etc were regularly flushed and refilled, new suspension - all to say that the car had been well maintained and receipts were kept and filed. He'd had a problem with the seatbelt (replaced), rear window acting up (repaired) 1.5 hours labor, and he left little to chance. I was lucky. I am a and have been a Lexus man the last 20+ years and was a little anxious but I can honestly say that if the car blew up tomorrow I will have got my moneys worth. What a pleasure to drive! What a road machine (see: timepiece). The W-140 was the last of what I, a Lexus man, consider to be a relatively no frills car. You will even have to turn the headlights on and off yourself like they did back in the 90's. The memory seat button which adjusts everything but the interior rearview mirror has to be held down until it is done making the changes. Now buy the more accommodating V12 and you will get more bells and whistles and leather everywhere! I get a certain amount of pleasure, being a common man, knowing that I don't have to fill this one up at every gasoline station. It gets the same gas mileage as a 4 cyl. 2.5L. 1999 Subaru Outback Station Wagon! The truly wonderful part about these cars is that they can be had for 5 cents on the original dollar! KBB values a '99 like mine in excellent condition at about $2,500.00! About the same as that '99 Subaru we were just mentioning! Shall we look a gift horse in the mouth? Not I! I have to go for milk - again. I will keep this stallion well maintained and be disappointed if it doesn't keep looking and driving like new for another 200,000K miles. Many of those I know that have similar cars and mileage have neglected to change tranny. and other fluids, use low octane fuel, and/or neglect to condition the leather. Then when things begin to go south they sell there once great automobile. The new owner, of course, gets a bad taste and complains of the high cost of maintenance and parts(now available online BTW!) or "cheap leather" - Mine is flawless and gets conditioned monthly - it takes all of 15 minutes. All this is my best guess as to why so much car can be obtained for so little $$. I wasn't just lucky - I was careful and am very pleased. I am also noticing a lot of German cars on the roads these days, new, old and in between. There must be a reason for that - but I will figure that out later. I have driving to do."

This car is one of the smoothes cars ive owned.

By on Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pros: "great price, drive awsome"

Cons: "cup holder in back seat. car was made for luxury"

"This care is very reliable. Maintenance is kind of high. But hey its a Mercedes Benz. This car commands attention where ever you go."

99 s500 the last of the big s class flagships.

By on Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Pros: "engineering at its best"

Cons: "expensive parts,insurance"

"looked for this exact vehicle for over 7 years.Many of the grand editions were shipped overseas..Soon to be a collector luxury car."

One of the best cars I have ever driven.

By on Thursday, May 01, 2014

Pros: "Quality, attention to detail, and the status."

Cons: "Interior fan, power trunk pull down, fuel economy."

"It is a fantastic car, but it has some of the inescapable W140 issues, being the headlight washing system doesn't work, the front interior fan doesn't work due to a bad resistor, and the self-closing trunk doesn't pull itself down anymore. But, it is absolutely the best driving large luxury car ever made, and still retains its comfortable ride. And the sheer attention to detail in this car is absolutely unbelieveable. Over all, I wouldn't trade this car for the world."

great car

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"Solid, elegant, comfortable,"

The best S Klasse ever

By on Sunday, June 24, 2012

Pros: "corners good"

Cons: "weak stock rims will bend easy"

"I bought my car used,pretty quick for a six.But wanting to beat GTs,I installed a nitrous 125 hp shot.1/4 mile times went from 17.5 stock,to 15.1.When you want to save fuel she will get 29 mpg highway."

As good as it gets

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2007

"Waited 22 months to get a fully loaded S-550 and it was well worth the wait. Best handling and performing car I've ever owned. Dynamic Drive Front Seats with side cushions that inflate to hold you in place during turns is awesome, Cruise control that will bring you to a complete stop without touching anything in traffic is wonderful. Ride is silky smooth, yet corners very well, especially at high speeds, but then the servo-driven leveling when cornering is excellent. I'd wait again to have this car. The only negative is that the windshield wiper control (typical "smart stick") is hidden from view by one of the steering wheel spokes."

Very nice ride...

By on Monday, July 23, 2007

"Excellent vehicle, good value, very powerful, very well balanced. Touch the accelerator and this baby goes!!!"

GREAT CAR STILL A EYE CATCHER TURNS A LOT OF HEADS

By on Thursday, October 23, 2014

Pros: "LOVE THE LUXRY"

Cons: "YES NO CUP HOLDERS BUT I DID DESIGHN MY OWN"

"THIS IS A VERY SMOOTH RIDE HAS PLENTY OF ROOM NOT SHURE WHY THEY CHANGED THE BODY STYLE STILL GETS 30MILES TO A GAL HWY 25 CITY CAR LOOKS LIKE IT JUST DROVE OFF LOT I LOVE IT WHEN YOU GET UP AND GO IT STILL WANTS TO SHOW OFF"

FELT LIKE A QUEEN DRIVING IT !!!

By on Monday, June 16, 2014

Reason: MONEY

"THIS CAR WAS TOP-NOTCH EVEN THO" IT WAS 10YEARS OLD WHEN I BOUGHT IT. IT RODE AND DROVE LIKE A DREAM! I ONLY SOLD IT BECAUSE I NEEDED THE MONEY."

most impressive design ever

By on Saturday, July 25, 2015

Pros: "great look fun to drive still turningnheads"

Cons: "parts cost"

"I purchased my 93 400SEL in 97, 88,000 miles. Now 300,000 plus. Front suspension work. AC compressor/clutch and starter so far. I like it better than new ones."

Excellent Car.. reliability unmatched

By on Sunday, January 25, 2015

"excellent car"

Underpowered, but otherwise a great car

By on Friday, August 02, 2013

Pros: "BIG, very comfortable and quiet inside"

Cons: "underpowered and NO cupholders"

"If it only had a more powerful engine..... Better than the old 240 or the 80th model 300sd BUT still WAY underpowered. Besides that a great car to drive and very reliable. Purchased it new in 1993 and 207000 miles later still running great. Besides a new turbo at 190k miles a new cam at 204k and the usual vacuum issues, no problems at all. Love my car. Great fuel mileage on the interstate, not so great in town. But at almost 5000lbs it's no surprise. Getting almost 700 miles out of one tank on the highway at 70+ mph."

excellent car

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Pros: "fUN TO DRIVE"

Cons: "NONE"

"car only driven in summer months. No rust. DRIVES LIKE THE DAY I BOUGHT."