1994 Mercedes-Benz S-Class

Based on 133 Ratings for the 1994 - 1999 models.

I love this car!

By on Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pros: "Peppy for highway ramps, smooth and luxurious ride"

Cons: "multi-CD player is in the trunk, no heated seats"

"I really love this car. It rides and drives like a dream no matter the weather and gets great gas mileage, approx. 26 miles per gallon! The sound system is a Bose and wonderful too. Unfortunately it's become our third car with only 2 drivers and sits more than it's driven now, I will reluctantly sell it."

S600

By on Wednesday, August 4, 2010

"Fantastic acceleration and great handling for such a big car. Technology is great too and has been reliable thus far (coming up on 3yrs). Only nit is stereo reception has interference sometimes. Overall, by far the best car I have ever owned!"

Germans built a comfortable MONSTER!

By on Monday, June 24, 2013

"M y 320 is ALL of it! Got 18 /245 in the front with 18/285 in the rear with Chrome AMG Rims all i can say is my car is awesome. Its a pleasure to drive. Recently had a guy pull up to me in a 2012 4door Porsche and he was telling me that the 93-98 S class is his all time favorite car. You can imagine how it made me feel about this 16 year old Animal of a vechicle. I can tell you this i will own it forever! 400k club here i come in about 20 years!"

By on Monday, October 19, 2009

"This is the third MB I have owned and by far the best. We also own a Lexus LS 460 and we prefer to ride in the Benz. Quality, comfort, ease of operating the controls including the Navigation are supurb."

By on Saturday, August 11, 2007

"I love my car! Smooth, Fast, Comfortable. The only drawback, makes you not want to ride in anything else."

Body and Chasis remains impressive inspite of age

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "Durable, dependable, and well maintained"

Cons: "no cup holders indeed. Germans loathe to drink."

"The 300 SE still maintains the prestige of a Mercedes Benz. On several occasions, a by passer would place a note on my windshield. The note would convey a message either "Want to sell this vehicle, " or "What would it take to initiate a deal."

S600 is the Ultimate Luxury

By on Monday, March 7, 2011

"I have owned my 97 S600 since May 2009. Overall it has been a great, rewarding experience. As long as you are willing to pay a premium for maintenance/parts the car is well worth the upkeep (money). The S600 was $150,000 worth of Mercedes Benz technology when new so expect for that technology to go bad over time and cost a small fortune. Main issues with the car is the factory hydraulic suspension, rear sunshade, front and rear A/C, oil leaks, and operating systems causing frequent check engine lights which are expensive to diagnose and even more expensive to repair. I will only recommend this vehicle if you know a GREAT mechanic. If you rely on the dealership expect to spend $3-$5,000 per year to maintain. If you have the patience and deep pockets I would recommend the W140 S600 again and again. Hope this helps!"

Looks good BUT!

By on Monday, August 23, 2010

"I have been driving MCB S Class vehicles for 24 years. I now own my last one! I get over 31 mpg on my 2001 S430 at 70 mph...HOWEVER, I am on my 4th instrument cluster, 4th battery, 3rd mass airflow sensor, and second alternator. (the first seized on the MA Tpk.) Mercedes paid all but 10% to have the rust repaired on the bottom all 4 doors. It rides great, looks like new, but I don't know what's going to fail next and the repairs are very expensive! I was told last week to expect a check engine light very soon because the mass airflow sensor is about to fail...again!"

If you can afford it.....

By on Tuesday, June 15, 2010

"This is my second S class and I continue to be impressed by the quality and workmanship of these fine machines. I put over 100,000 miles on my first S500 without any major mechanical problems. The only negative was tire life. I averaged 20,000 miles on a set of tires. With the AMG package the staggered tires (bigger in the back) cost over $350 per. As I said, if you can afford it the S class is the only way to go. The S550 is another leap ahead in every respect. The electronics package is a little difficult to use (too many buttons to do something simple like changing radio stations) but all in all it is first rate. The lady's voice on the navigation is even nice! If you want to make a statement when you arrive do it in an S class. This baby is a real head turner."

Wow!

By on Sunday, May 31, 2009

"This is the best vehicle I have ever owned. And that is saying something, because I have owned Maserati's, Lamborghini's, and two Ferrari's. Would reccomend to anyone."

Best Benz Yet

By on Monday, December 1, 2008

"Between my wife and I, we've owned ten Mercedes over the past 17 years and this is the best to date! Love the styling, accellration and comfort. Only problem so far is that I have had several "false-positive problem notices" suddenly appear (such as "check oil"----three days after I'd had it in for an oil change, etc.) but, as always, my dealer has been very responsive in addressing these things. To "try something different." my wife chose a BMW X3 two years ago...nice vehicle but she's definately coming back to another Mercedes when her lease is over next July because (her quote) "I just feel better driving a Mercedes." By the way, I also have a 1983 389SL; a Beverly Hills one owner with 77-K original miles on it (Light Bronze color and in #1 condition) whichI drive when the urge strikes me and the weather is perfect.) I don't know which of my two Mercedes draws the most looks and favorable comments. Anyway, I would (and have) recommended the S-550 to several people. P.S. When I "grow up" (I'm only 67 now) I may move up to th S-63 ...maybe for my "big 70 birthday!."

What a machine!!!

By on Thursday, October 16, 2008

"This is the finest automobile....four door sedan in the world....hands down. I bought a pre-loved 07 with AMG pkg. WOW....this car takes my breath away. I am constantly making up excuses to take a drive. Handles like a dream, power to spare, and very,very quiet. Mercedes, you hit a grand slam with this 9th generation Sclass.....and no...........I do not work for MB or any dealer. I just flat out love this car."

The perfect car

By on Thursday, September 13, 2007

"I have driven lots of luxury cars, this one is the ultimate in any aspects."

best benz mercedes makes.

By on Friday, July 6, 2012

"very good car built very well solid,also a very safe car,built like a tank."

Best Luxury Sedan

By on Saturday, November 14, 2009

"My last MB was a 2000 S500, went to an '04 745iL, traded it for a Lexus within 12 months, as I hated the I Drive. When the S550 came out I drove it and the LS460, It was so obvious to me that the S550 4matic was the better luxury sedan. well worth the extra money. Night and day improvement over the last generation S. After 2 years and 27K miles, I still enjoy driving the S550. It's still as tight as new. Dealer service has been excellent. The resale value is insulting, but that just makes me want to keep it for a few more years."

Sixth & Best S Class

By on Saturday, May 2, 2009

"This is the sixth S Class I've had in the last 20 years and it is the most impressive (although I have fond memories of my '88 420SEL). There have been no significant problems and even the gas mileage (almost 25 mpg hwy) isn't bad for a car of this weight and power. The initial set of tires was good for 35K miles. The only downside is the resale value which is why I'm glad I leased it."

Not bad

By on Saturday, February 28, 2009

"This is a luxury 205 in sedan, there are many problems in mechanisms, however this car is one of the best in the class. Although it has a very exquisive appearance it is very expensive and you have to pay a 1,000 dollar gas guzzler tax. If you are willing to buy this car it is recommended that you keep it well. Beats the BMW 7 series and the Lexus LS models."

good ride

By on Friday, November 16, 2012

Cons: "gas"

"Excellent ride very roomy. mileage could be better but it's a Mercedes"

The best car on the road!

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pros: "Great handling and mpg. Holds its value."

Cons: "RWD only. Expensive parts."

"I fell in love with this since the first day I saw it!. I was looking for a s420 but found this beautiful s320 with only 80,000 miles and knew that I had to have it! Everything was still in good working condition.1 owner car.Only thing I replaced were the wheels and tires to make it look better.Plus installed HID's. Car runs like a champ and it gets a lot of attention on the road or parked on the streets."

Just Plain Amazing

By on Sunday, March 13, 2011

"Bought this car with 99000 miles I've only put 1000 on it and i don't want to keep driving it cause its so amazing nothing is wrong except for a front side panel is missing the seats are comfortable to the extreme and suprisingly, the AC works wonders. Love it!"

Expensive!

By on Thursday, March 10, 2011

"This car will run between $1,000 and $5,000 every time you take it to a dealer - for even a minor problem! Also with the the electronics on this car, you can not fix it yourself unless you have the STAR diagnostic tools - not a cheap code reader."

Pretty Nice Vehicle

By on Sunday, December 27, 2009

"When I bought my first Mercedes-Benz, I bought a fully loaded S550. Amazing! I am mesmerized by the premium leather upgrade on my car and love the capri blue metallic color. The ABC option is great as well as the Rear Seat Package and the front seat massage is a nice touch...However, this car has its downs. Every time I drive it, I notice the flimsy interior quality. Everything rattles on bumpy roads and freeways and the plastics are very fragile on the car. I would NOT recommend this car to someone with small children, they will break it very easily. Besides that, this car is definitely a head turner. However, only buy this car if you can afford new tires every 20 - 30 thousand miles."

Big Benz

By on Wednesday, October 7, 2009

"The Big Benz is the best large luxury sedan on the market, bar none. Performance is great. Build quality is bullet-proof. Styling is progressive. Comfort and ergonomic features front and rear are wonderful. Around town or as a long distance cruiser, you will not find a better luxury sedan from any manufacturer. Highly recommended."

Excellent vehicle

By on Tuesday, August 18, 2009

"The level of refinement of this car is much higher than other MB's I have had in the past. I look forward to my 60 mi. commute for the first time. I have driven my S550 9,000 miles and it has averaged 22 mpg so far. Quite good given the size and power of the car. The only complaint I have had is minor rattling in rear doors which I have not had fixed yet."

2007 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S65 Sedan 4D

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2009

"Awesome vehicle. Never a problem, and no complaints other than fuel mileage. I bought this new and realized the fuel mileage was not going to be the best for this make and model. Very quiet, very comfortable and easy to drive long distances. Highly recommended for anyone who appreciates a kuxury vehicle."