1994 Mercedes-Benz S-Class

Based on 129 Ratings for the 1992 - 1999 models.

Body and Chasis remains impressive inspite of age

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "Durable, dependable, and well maintained"

Cons: "no cup holders indeed. Germans loathe to drink."

"The 300 SE still maintains the prestige of a Mercedes Benz. On several occasions, a by passer would place a note on my windshield. The note would convey a message either "Want to sell this vehicle, " or "What would it take to initiate a deal."

S600 is the Ultimate Luxury

By on Monday, March 07, 2011

"I have owned my 97 S600 since May 2009. Overall it has been a great, rewarding experience. As long as you are willing to pay a premium for maintenance/parts the car is well worth the upkeep (money). The S600 was $150,000 worth of Mercedes Benz technology when new so expect for that technology to go bad over time and cost a small fortune. Main issues with the car is the factory hydraulic suspension, rear sunshade, front and rear A/C, oil leaks, and operating systems causing frequent check engine lights which are expensive to diagnose and even more expensive to repair. I will only recommend this vehicle if you know a GREAT mechanic. If you rely on the dealership expect to spend $3-$5,000 per year to maintain. If you have the patience and deep pockets I would recommend the W140 S600 again and again. Hope this helps!"

Looks good BUT!

By on Monday, August 23, 2010

"I have been driving MCB S Class vehicles for 24 years. I now own my last one! I get over 31 mpg on my 2001 S430 at 70 mph...HOWEVER, I am on my 4th instrument cluster, 4th battery, 3rd mass airflow sensor, and second alternator. (the first seized on the MA Tpk.) Mercedes paid all but 10% to have the rust repaired on the bottom all 4 doors. It rides great, looks like new, but I don't know what's going to fail next and the repairs are very expensive! I was told last week to expect a check engine light very soon because the mass airflow sensor is about to fail...again!"

If you can afford it.....

By on Tuesday, June 15, 2010

"This is my second S class and I continue to be impressed by the quality and workmanship of these fine machines. I put over 100,000 miles on my first S500 without any major mechanical problems. The only negative was tire life. I averaged 20,000 miles on a set of tires. With the AMG package the staggered tires (bigger in the back) cost over $350 per. As I said, if you can afford it the S class is the only way to go. The S550 is another leap ahead in every respect. The electronics package is a little difficult to use (too many buttons to do something simple like changing radio stations) but all in all it is first rate. The lady's voice on the navigation is even nice! If you want to make a statement when you arrive do it in an S class. This baby is a real head turner."

Wow!

By on Sunday, May 31, 2009

"This is the best vehicle I have ever owned. And that is saying something, because I have owned Maserati's, Lamborghini's, and two Ferrari's. Would reccomend to anyone."

Best Benz Yet

By on Monday, December 01, 2008

"Between my wife and I, we've owned ten Mercedes over the past 17 years and this is the best to date! Love the styling, accellration and comfort. Only problem so far is that I have had several "false-positive problem notices" suddenly appear (such as "check oil"----three days after I'd had it in for an oil change, etc.) but, as always, my dealer has been very responsive in addressing these things. To "try something different." my wife chose a BMW X3 two years ago...nice vehicle but she's definately coming back to another Mercedes when her lease is over next July because (her quote) "I just feel better driving a Mercedes." By the way, I also have a 1983 389SL; a Beverly Hills one owner with 77-K original miles on it (Light Bronze color and in #1 condition) whichI drive when the urge strikes me and the weather is perfect.) I don't know which of my two Mercedes draws the most looks and favorable comments. Anyway, I would (and have) recommended the S-550 to several people. P.S. When I "grow up" (I'm only 67 now) I may move up to th S-63 ...maybe for my "big 70 birthday!."

What a machine!!!

By on Thursday, October 16, 2008

"This is the finest automobile....four door sedan in the world....hands down. I bought a pre-loved 07 with AMG pkg. WOW....this car takes my breath away. I am constantly making up excuses to take a drive. Handles like a dream, power to spare, and very,very quiet. Mercedes, you hit a grand slam with this 9th generation Sclass.....and no...........I do not work for MB or any dealer. I just flat out love this car."

The perfect car

By on Thursday, September 13, 2007

"I have driven lots of luxury cars, this one is the ultimate in any aspects."

best benz mercedes makes.

By on Friday, July 06, 2012

"very good car built very well solid,also a very safe car,built like a tank."

Best Luxury Sedan

By on Saturday, November 14, 2009

"My last MB was a 2000 S500, went to an '04 745iL, traded it for a Lexus within 12 months, as I hated the I Drive. When the S550 came out I drove it and the LS460, It was so obvious to me that the S550 4matic was the better luxury sedan. well worth the extra money. Night and day improvement over the last generation S. After 2 years and 27K miles, I still enjoy driving the S550. It's still as tight as new. Dealer service has been excellent. The resale value is insulting, but that just makes me want to keep it for a few more years."