2012 Mercedes-Benz R-Class

7.6

Based on 184 Ratings for the 2006 - 2012 models.

Best SUV Crossover out there tried them all!!!

By on Monday, October 15, 2007

"Spend 3 months trying every SUV/Crossoer/Minivan. This one had the best style, drove the best, awesome power, only the porsche & turbo BMW had more. Much more kid friendly. Have taken it throughout the Northeast and Canada with two adults and 4 kids . Super luxurious. With the current factory discounts, it's worth the money. Feels heavy & sturdy compared to american & asian alternatives. R500 has more then enough power. Sure it burns alot of gas, but I'd rather have the power when I'm passing on a two lane highway. My wife, kids & I absolutely love the car. Best heated seats of any vehicle I have ever owned. You don't want to get out. The Xenon lights are a must. Get an extended warranty, it doesn't have the reliability of a Toyota."

best safe car and rides grate

By on Saturday, August 16, 2014

Pros: "grate car feel safe joy to drive"

Cons: "extra seats in rear are kids or small people"

"love the ride and convience loading door."

Best car I have ever owned.

By on Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pros: "Great fuel milage, fun to drive."

Cons: "No heated seats, but great heater."

"Love this car. Only thing I wish it had was heated seats, since this is my winter car. It from Florida, where heated seats are not nessary. Drives in snow and ice with no problems. Sound system is great, and the sunroof is like having a convertible."

Best vehicle I have owned

By on Sunday, July 1, 2012

Pros: "handling"

Cons: "Gas"

"I know people out there bash the Mercedes R Class calling it ugly and a mini van but they are dead wrong. I love the power and style of my R 500 I have not had one single problem with the transmission or any major components. Despite its size it drives like a sports car and has everything you would get in a sports car. I love it and if I could buy two more I would"

Very functional vehicle.

By on Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Pros: "Good value, great comfort, easy putting back seats"

Cons: "Have had a lot of quirky techniccal problems with"

"Really like the car. Great for taking the family around and carting around baseball equipment. Excellent on long trips."

safe / comfortable drives itself .....

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

"we traveled many miles with 7 people in this car. great for long trips.."

Love/Hate Relationship

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pros: "Great passenger room, Smooth drive"

Cons: "Seems to require service a lot"

"I have had this car for a year and a half now. First car post minivan. The drive is smooth and the passenger room is great for my tall family. Even though I have a warranty,I feel it has been in the shop too many times since I bought it. Check engine light came on again. I just expected better quality. Getting a little buyers remorse and thinking I should have stayed with a minivan."

Good grocery grabber.

By on Sunday, January 8, 2012

Pros: "comfortable, reliable, great mobile phone system,"

Cons: "no heated steering wheel, flimsy cup holder in 2nd"

"I bought this 2 years ago, trading in my Range Rover for the R350. I needed something that would haul at least 4 kids home in the back seat. This was the most comfortable car I could find. This is not our first Mercedes, and this Mercedes like our last has quirks, that cannot be reproduced by the technicians at the dealership. Many electronic abnormalities. My biggest complaint about this car is the whistle that is made when all of the windows are rolled down. It is loud and annoying. It is the wind blowing through the seatbelt assembly. It is a design flaw, that cannot be fixed until they redesign the whole car. #sosad."

Best vehicle ever owned

By on Saturday, November 5, 2011

"Highly recommended. Very reliable car."

Love it: Comfy, quiet, roomy, great for road trips

By on Monday, August 29, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, I buy used to price is great; roomy"

Cons: "Several minor glitches are inconvenient, but covered under warranty"

"I love my R-car. Room for all our kids"

By on Tuesday, July 12, 2011

"The interior design an quality is not top of the line, and it does have minor issues with operating some of the feature like the GPS (not easy to enter an address) or the seat memory (need to hold the button until it reaches it position every time). BUT, beyond these minor issues, this car drives so quietly, safely and comfortably that it impossible to believe this is an SUVA or minivan. I have had and driven few luxury cars like BMW, Lexus and Mercedes and this one is really rated with the top of the line. The ride and stability just make you feel you are driving the Mercedes S class. For sure much better than most or any of the other SUV's like Lexus Rx or, LX, Audio Q7, etc. Plenty of room for adult at the front and back and large rear doors for easy access to the 3rd row. This is the only SUV I found that really allow an adult to seat relatively comfortably in the 3rd row. So, if you can afford it and need a larger SUV and/or have kids, this the car for you."

By on Wednesday, February 3, 2010

"its a good car. its heavy in starting from stop, but once its rolling its fast. had a problem with gas cap making the check engine light flash. went to mercedes and they fixed it for free after charging my wife $700 for other services."

Great Road car

By on Tuesday, September 1, 2009

"In this recession, we have been driving a lot more for out of town trips. The R500 is great on the road. Plenty of power for the hills, 7 speed transmision makes it a breeze. Very comfortable for 4 passengers, better than airplane seat. I have owned for more than 2 years, no major problems, Only problem is resale value, I purchased new in 2007, value has dropped 40%+ over my purchase price. If you can find one used, it would be a great deal."

Great Quality & Performance

By on Friday, May 15, 2009

"If you want a BIG car this is it. Never a problem. 7 speed gives great smooth performance and 24 mpg highway. Only problem is trade in value. Just tried to trade for BMW and was offered 50% of cost 2 years ago with only 16,000 miles.."

Great family car!

By on Friday, May 8, 2009

"Great car.Runs great even with V6 engine.I had only problem wit AC,but was coverd by warranty.Very cimfortable for a big family.If you don't want a van,this is e perfect car for you!"

Comfort and Quality

By on Tuesday, December 16, 2008

"I have had this car for 3 months and it is the most comfortable car in its class. The quality is excellent as well. The best features are the Panorama roof, rear camera and the parking sensors. The only downside is the gas mileage could be better than the 17mpg that I have been getting between 50/50 city/highway. Also do not expect great power from the 6 cylinder gas engine as this is an extremely heavy vehicle. The many positives outweigh the few negatives on this vehicle and it was great deal, $13,000 off the sticker price on my 2008 R350 4wd with the premium 2 package."

07 R350

By on Thursday, October 16, 2008

"Very good value is you buy it preowned. Positives: Front seats are S-Class quality, Harman Kardon stereo is outstanding, 24mpg highway, panorama roof unbelievable, doesn't drive like a van/SUV Negatives: Does not have the solid feel of MB, rattle around left door (drove 5 different ones and all have same issue), get the Xenons as standard lights are poor, slow acceleration, engine little noisier than I would expect in a MB, horrible navigation (fixed with the hard drive based 09 model)"

R320 cdi

By on Saturday, September 27, 2008

"A huge disappointment in quality. The car was in the shop for 42 days in the first 11 months. Cimate control varies widely on long trips with no known fix. Transmission is far from smooth when downshifting. It's very comfortable for a family trip but that's all I can say positive"

Wonderful Crossover

By on Sunday, August 31, 2008

"I purchased the 2006 MB R500 preowned with 14K miles... I purchased it at a great price but if I knew I would enjoy this vehicle like this I would gladly pay more... Hands down the best crossover I owned..."

Broken too many times

By on Wednesday, August 6, 2008

"This car is 1 yr 3 months old and has spent 2 weeks of this summer in the shop while on trips. Airmatic system went out while driving 600 miles. Worried the whole way. Check engine and no brakes lit up next- a week to get it fixed. Love the car but not the maintenance even thought its covered now."

Large & comfortable, but disappointing..

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2008

"I bought into the Mercedes concept of the R350 as a "Grand Sport Tourer" , but have been disappointed in so many ways. Although the car is roomy and comfortable for long journeys, it lacks versatility and there are indications that M-B compromised on practicality to achieve a unqiue design style. Visibility is very poor, overall handling is mediocre and the heating and ventilation system is badly configured (for instance, you can only direct warm air to the front screen at full blast!).. This was our first M-B and it may well be our last (back to Audi and Lexus). I have obvious reservations about the car, but my wife, who drives it most of the time, really dislikes it and can't wait for the lease to expire."

My first r350 4matic, regret, regret.

By on Wednesday, June 18, 2008

"We bought this car exactly a month ago, 5/2008 and by far the most unreliable car we"ve owned. We thought MB was the most realiable car, we thought wrong. We couldn't start the car on three different occassions and two trips to the dealership in a month. The car is with the dealer as I review right now. My son missed school twice already since I have to drop him everyday. I hope they find out what is wrong with this car."

Many times at shop

By on Wednesday, June 4, 2008

"On the relaiability and quality side this car had the timing belt change, the rear suspension repaired twice, one of them replacing the whole system, the rear lights are shorted. On the performance side the car chokes when accelerating from slow speed to passing speed. Dealership service is terrible to be MB"

Great car for family

By on Friday, May 23, 2008

"Great car ....excellent ride quality....very reliable......average gas milage but all else is exceptional........owner of new.r350"

head-turner

By on Thursday, December 20, 2007

"great looking vehicle. i have the 19 inch rims and tires. the tires burn out within 20,000 miles. very costly tires. overall i love the car and i might add the NAV and roof rack. handles great on the interstate and carries my three kids well on long trips. current incentives might make me opt for a 2008."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz R-Class near Honolulu. See local deals