2012 Mercedes-Benz R-Class

7.6

Based on 181 Ratings for the 2006 - 2012 models.

By on Tuesday, September 04, 2007

"WOW, drives like floating on clouds with a little horse power at your foot when needed. Lots of room, took long trip with 2 infants and 4 adults, everyone was comfortable. I give 5 stars on Engineering little pricy coming in at $55k."

Great while it lasted

By on Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Pros: "usually smooth driving, nice interior"

Cons: "way too many!"

"This car was absolutely amazing for about a year. I don't know what it was, but afterwards everything went downhill. I have sooo many problems with the car now. I'm trying to fix them all up so I can finally sell this thing, but it's so expensive to do so...I've had issues with things such as power steering, leaking fluids, brakes, pickup, and so much more. Mercedes is a great brand, but this was an AWFUL car!"

Comfort, safety, style and tons of room

By on Sunday, July 08, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, style and lots of room."

Cons: "Costs more to run."

"They call it a cross over, but its a SUV with lots of style and comfort that handles very well for its size. Six or seven adults can comfortably be accommodated for 100 mile trips. The sliding glass roof is great for sight seeing in NYC. The full time 4-wheel drive is peace-of-mind in the winter and rain. Maintenance is high, but its a Benz. The best is never cheap."

Best quality vehicle we've ever owned.

By on Friday, February 03, 2012

"My wife is totally enamored with the R Class CDI, due to its superb handling and passenger/cargo capacity. We also have a 17 cu. ft. luggage carrier, which is easily stored and installed for the long hauls."

Best family car ever!

By on Thursday, March 10, 2011

"Comfort, luxury, flexibility. Take a bunch of kids to soccer, go skiing, go to the nursery, all in style and comfort!"

MB R350

By on Monday, March 07, 2011

"Best riding vehicle I have owned. Engineering is superb and quality supreme. Very little cabin noise and heavy ride. Averaging 22.4 mpg on highway and with plenty of power. Navigation system is nice and backup camera and parking sensors are the best."

Big comfortable class

By on Friday, August 20, 2010

"What a car. I only have 27,000 trouble free miles on the car but I can say I absolutely love it. What first caught my attention was how quiet the ride was for such a big car. After turning on the stereo I was blown away. Shifting gears took a bit of adjustment but after a few weeks I figured it out. Driving down the highway is an absolute joy, I couldnt ask for more. The leather is supple and really high quality. I have owned Jags and Cadillac and there is no comparison. I loved the Jag (not the caddy) but even the jag fails in comparison. I will continue to buy mercedes."

I love this vehicle

By on Thursday, August 14, 2008

"I've driven my leased R500 for just over two years, and it's been wonderful. It's fully loaded with all the extras, extremely comfortable (even for 6 adults) and has been very reliable. The only negatives I've experienced have been with the driver head rest (power cord came unplugged, but was easily fixed at my normal maintenance) and the tires had to be replaced much sooner than I expected (19K miles). Other than that, I've had a wonderful experience with this vehicle. Contrary to the other reviews, I am considering buying at the end of my lease in October based upon the reduced sale price offered by MB."

Not The Best Vehicle Ever

By on Friday, January 04, 2008

"I bought the R500 for my wife to replace an E320 Wagon that we were happy with however we needed 3rd row seating, the jump seat in the back of the Wagon is un-useable with car seats. The concept is great, we loved the looks, the features such as the self opening/closing trunk and enjoyed having the extra power moving up from the 320 to the 500 power plant. Now for the bad, the quality is horrible. We have had it back to the dealer so many times I think we have put more miles on loaners than we have on the R500 we purchased. I cannot fault the dealership for their effort and helpfulness but I bought a MBenz so I would not have to see the service dept. every other week. Issues include, random SRS sensor failures, air conditioning/heating failures, trunk closure failures, various electronic failures. I am close to asking the dealership for a replacement in the hope that I was unlucky and just took delivery of a lemon vs. the overall model being the issue."

Kids love it!

By on Thursday, December 13, 2007

"Drives like a big car. Wish it had a bit more performance overall. However, for family outings and vacations its great. My kids love having their own separate seats. Great storage areas up front and the cargo is spacious when the 3rd row is down. When buying I thought the automatic opening/closing of tailgate was a nice idea, but I will never own another vehicle that does not offer it. Getting lazy I guess. Going on family ski trip soon and anxious to see how it performs in the snow!"

Best SUV Crossover out there tried them all!!!

By on Monday, October 15, 2007

"Spend 3 months trying every SUV/Crossoer/Minivan. This one had the best style, drove the best, awesome power, only the porsche & turbo BMW had more. Much more kid friendly. Have taken it throughout the Northeast and Canada with two adults and 4 kids . Super luxurious. With the current factory discounts, it's worth the money. Feels heavy & sturdy compared to american & asian alternatives. R500 has more then enough power. Sure it burns alot of gas, but I'd rather have the power when I'm passing on a two lane highway. My wife, kids & I absolutely love the car. Best heated seats of any vehicle I have ever owned. You don't want to get out. The Xenon lights are a must. Get an extended warranty, it doesn't have the reliability of a Toyota."

best safe car and rides grate

By on Saturday, August 16, 2014

Pros: "grate car feel safe joy to drive"

Cons: "extra seats in rear are kids or small people"

"love the ride and convience loading door."

Best car I have ever owned.

By on Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pros: "Great fuel milage, fun to drive."

Cons: "No heated seats, but great heater."

"Love this car. Only thing I wish it had was heated seats, since this is my winter car. It from Florida, where heated seats are not nessary. Drives in snow and ice with no problems. Sound system is great, and the sunroof is like having a convertible."

Best vehicle I have owned

By on Sunday, July 01, 2012

Pros: "handling"

Cons: "Gas"

"I know people out there bash the Mercedes R Class calling it ugly and a mini van but they are dead wrong. I love the power and style of my R 500 I have not had one single problem with the transmission or any major components. Despite its size it drives like a sports car and has everything you would get in a sports car. I love it and if I could buy two more I would"

Very functional vehicle.

By on Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Pros: "Good value, great comfort, easy putting back seats"

Cons: "Have had a lot of quirky techniccal problems with"

"Really like the car. Great for taking the family around and carting around baseball equipment. Excellent on long trips."

safe / comfortable drives itself .....

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

"we traveled many miles with 7 people in this car. great for long trips.."

Love/Hate Relationship

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pros: "Great passenger room, Smooth drive"

Cons: "Seems to require service a lot"

"I have had this car for a year and a half now. First car post minivan. The drive is smooth and the passenger room is great for my tall family. Even though I have a warranty,I feel it has been in the shop too many times since I bought it. Check engine light came on again. I just expected better quality. Getting a little buyers remorse and thinking I should have stayed with a minivan."

Good grocery grabber.

By on Sunday, January 08, 2012

Pros: "comfortable, reliable, great mobile phone system,"

Cons: "no heated steering wheel, flimsy cup holder in 2nd"

"I bought this 2 years ago, trading in my Range Rover for the R350. I needed something that would haul at least 4 kids home in the back seat. This was the most comfortable car I could find. This is not our first Mercedes, and this Mercedes like our last has quirks, that cannot be reproduced by the technicians at the dealership. Many electronic abnormalities. My biggest complaint about this car is the whistle that is made when all of the windows are rolled down. It is loud and annoying. It is the wind blowing through the seatbelt assembly. It is a design flaw, that cannot be fixed until they redesign the whole car. #sosad."

Best vehicle ever owned

By on Saturday, November 05, 2011

"Highly recommended. Very reliable car."

Love it: Comfy, quiet, roomy, great for road trips

By on Monday, August 29, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, I buy used to price is great; roomy"

Cons: "Several minor glitches are inconvenient, but covered under warranty"

"I love my R-car. Room for all our kids"

By on Tuesday, July 12, 2011

"The interior design an quality is not top of the line, and it does have minor issues with operating some of the feature like the GPS (not easy to enter an address) or the seat memory (need to hold the button until it reaches it position every time). BUT, beyond these minor issues, this car drives so quietly, safely and comfortably that it impossible to believe this is an SUVA or minivan. I have had and driven few luxury cars like BMW, Lexus and Mercedes and this one is really rated with the top of the line. The ride and stability just make you feel you are driving the Mercedes S class. For sure much better than most or any of the other SUV's like Lexus Rx or, LX, Audio Q7, etc. Plenty of room for adult at the front and back and large rear doors for easy access to the 3rd row. This is the only SUV I found that really allow an adult to seat relatively comfortably in the 3rd row. So, if you can afford it and need a larger SUV and/or have kids, this the car for you."

Nice but expensive

By on Thursday, January 06, 2011

"Very nice and sporty for a large heavy family car. Very safe even at higher speeds. Good for kids. Gets bad gas milage avg. 13.5 it might get 20mpg at 65 on the highway. Its maintence is very high at the 90,000 mile service. Its a little out of my price range."

By on Wednesday, February 03, 2010

"its a good car. its heavy in starting from stop, but once its rolling its fast. had a problem with gas cap making the check engine light flash. went to mercedes and they fixed it for free after charging my wife $700 for other services."

Great Road car

By on Tuesday, September 01, 2009

"In this recession, we have been driving a lot more for out of town trips. The R500 is great on the road. Plenty of power for the hills, 7 speed transmision makes it a breeze. Very comfortable for 4 passengers, better than airplane seat. I have owned for more than 2 years, no major problems, Only problem is resale value, I purchased new in 2007, value has dropped 40%+ over my purchase price. If you can find one used, it would be a great deal."

Great Quality & Performance

By on Friday, May 15, 2009

"If you want a BIG car this is it. Never a problem. 7 speed gives great smooth performance and 24 mpg highway. Only problem is trade in value. Just tried to trade for BMW and was offered 50% of cost 2 years ago with only 16,000 miles.."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz R-Class near Honolulu. See local deals