2011 Mercedes-Benz R-Class

7.7

Based on 184 Ratings for the 2006 - 2012 models.

Best vehicle I've ever owned!!!

By on Tuesday, December 8, 2015

"This is my 2nd R350. The first one was gas-powered and a little under-powered. This new diesel one is quite quick and nimble. With the panorama roof and AWD feature, this car is very functional and fun to drive. The quality is evident everywhere you look. I'm planning on keeping it for a long time."

9 months driving my 2011 R350, and still all grins

By on Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pros: "Premium driving pleasure. Very high safety futures. Very roomy."

Cons: "Voice activation system unusable. Command controls (nav) unconventional."

"I have a 3 series and a 7 series BMW. I had never considered MB before. When boys grew older, and minivan didn't sit well in their coolness gauge, my wife wanted to change her minivan with a 7-seatrer SUV. She was insisting on BMW X5. So, we went to the dealer and looked at one with rare 3rd row seat. Not only the third row seat is not useable, we didn't fancy the car as much as we initially thought. Audi Q7 was the same story with the third row seat. I had never considered R type because of its really ugly front design, but when the 2011 model came out, it was just love at first sight. When we test drove and sat in the third row seat, we made up our mind already. Detail to comfort and luxury is incredible. Ride is as smooth and quite as can be. Handling and breaking great. Steering wheel pedal shifts, rear view camera, navigation, bluetooth, all accessories are great. 6 in dash 1 in center console DVD system, cordless headphones keeps the kids really happy at the back. I don't have the Harman-Carton option but the sound system is just fine. Panoramic roof is really nice. Everything in the car that would make you feel comfortable are there. So far in 9 moths I owned the car, there has been no problem to report. Are there any negatives? I can only think of three: - Navigation takes a little getting used to, but once you do, it works great. I don't understand how come they are not offering a touch screen navigation for a car at this price range though... - Bluetooth telephone, address book works with great sound quality, however, voice command system is a joke. It just doesn't work even after voice training. May need German accent? - It has a built in hard drive for media files. Size is 4GB.?! Even the flash card I insert has 8 or 16GB capacity. Other than these, I can not think of anything negative about this car. Interestingly, gasoline mileage is better than advertised. I clocked 21.7MPG on a round trip from Leesburg to Radford, VA. I drive mostly in city, and the average is showing around 17MPG. If you want a large family car withhout compromising driving pleasure, I definitely recommend this. I recommend premium package with heated seats and heated steerig wheel, and entertainment system options. I also got the extended 10 years 100,000 warranty. Mercedes offers it for $3,500, and the unused portion of the extended 6 years is returned or can be transferred over when you sell the car."

Smoothest car I have ever owned

By on Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pros: "buy used great price . like your in a airplane"

Cons: "sucks up the gas"

"I have a 2006 R 500 loaded. The gas is terrible but everything else is great. Smooth If I do not put the cruise on I could be going 90 mph and would not realize it. My son is 4 and the surround sound dvd player is a life saver. Navigation system gets me where I am going. I have not put a lot of money into the car at all. You get what you pay for with this car."

Great Wagon/Van/SUV?

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "comfort performance practicality safety easy2drive"

Cons: "bluetooth set up"

"I don't know what to call it, but it's amazing. Have to drive one to appreciate it. Got a great deal on a used one because they are not that popular i guess. Smooth pick up. Corners flat. The ride is butter smooth without being "floaty". You feel the heavy weight of it though, but in a "I feel really safe" way; not a clumsy way. Front seats are great, second row is like a limo, third best for kids or short trips.The thing that amazed me most was the turning circle. How they got the thing to turn so tight is unreal!!! Great for moving a big vechile in small parking lots. Just make sure it is wired for bluetooth. that is a big expensive other wise. Also don't buy the $500 bluetooth attachment, used they are only $80. Really love thisWagon/Van/SUV!!!!!!!"

Best Touring

By on Monday, January 4, 2010

"My family loves this car. Our second R class... first was a 2006 and it had many problems enough to make us want to dump it... however after searching the one thing no one could match was comfort for a family of five all close to 6 feet... my 6'3" son prefers the third row and can stretch out comfortably for long trips. We did have to purchase a bullet for the top to carry luggage...miss that about our Suburban, but would not go back to the giant SUV. Our 2009 has been a year with no problems at all... a good feeling."

Best large family car

By on Tuesday, February 26, 2008

"Almost impeccable. Wonderful traveling and commuter vehicle, any weather, always safe. I don't stress in snow/ice b/c it corrects mistakes without fail (ESP, ABS). Love the looks, 18" wheels, moonroof, front middle seat heaters, dividable stereo system, location of controls, user-friendliness and uncluttered, tasteful interior and exterior. Even w/o the airmatic great, comfortable, yet, for its size, spirited and confident ride. 500 engine is a must for this size, quick, great tranny w/ manumatic capability. Tend to drive with both feet to get around the throttle delay, esp. at stops when need to get away quickly (which it does!). Plenty of interior room for family of 5 + lab and stuff (roof racks). Third row seats are more spacious than our MDX (superior ride to the 1st gen MDX). Kids and wife tend to fall asleep quickly..not in MDX, sorry. MB Service always becoming (they keep forgetting to recommend tire rotations, so wear is uneven). Love the 12k mile service intervals. Issues limited to cold weather: foggy windows, chassis rattle somewhere right front, that's it. No electric issues at all (wow!). The R500's been a real treat thus far and makes a lot of sense for what it's intended to be. It grows on me the more time I spend in it. Controls make sense where they are. I needed more space than a station wagon, but not a monster SUV or van. The R perfectly fits the bill."

Better on the Inside

By on Friday, September 6, 2013

Pros: "Great Used Price, Great Drive, Great Interior,"

Cons: "Lacks storage space with all seats in use"

"The Mercedes R350 isn't the best looking Mercedes of the bunch but it is a dream to own. The interior is so much better than you can imagine. The second row of captains chairs are as comfortable if not more than the front seats. The dual moon roof is awesome and provides extra light to the interior that make this feel even bigger inside. The third row chairs can actually have adults comfortably sit in. The Air suspension is good and bad. Bad because I had to pay to repair it but good because the ride is so smooth, especially for a long road trip. Ours is loaded with the DVD headrests which provide great entertainment for the kids. With all seats in use the storage is definitely lacking. I had to purchase a Thule Roof box for those family trips to help provide enough room for all of our stuff. Overall, I couldn't be happier with this purchase, it has been a great car. I added an extended warranty because I purchased it used and so now I am covered for those costly repairs up to 100,000 miles."

Best auto that's no longer built

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pros: "Easy to drive"

Cons: "space between seats in cargo configuration"

"Compared 3 SUVs when selecting this car in 06: Land Rover, Qx56 and R500. The only one that drove like a sedan was the RClass. That's why I bought it. It's a great car and I dont understand why it isn't more popular with SUV owners. It has as much or more cargo volume than the other two, and it is very comfortable. MB service is very good."

Perfect vehicle for family of six

By on Monday, November 28, 2011

"We have owned this vehicle for six years. It has performed perfectly for our family. We drove on several long trips with four and six occupants and never had any problems. The rear seating is as comfortable as the driving seats. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone."

I'm buying #2

By on Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pros: "Drives good, comfy seats, good price for luxury ve"

Cons: "Small cargo space when all 3 rows are used."

"Worth the money. Comfortably seats a family of 6. Kept the family safe during a major accident. I'm buying #2!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz R-Class near Honolulu. See local deals