2010 Mercedes-Benz R-Class

7.6

Based on 172 Ratings for the 2006 - 2012 models.

Fits my use completely

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pros: "Love the vehicle"

Cons: "Love it, but do not trust the servicing dealer."

"Exactly what I require, however, my servicing dealer's maint personnel have not performed some very elemental repairs, in OKC. The vehicle has been in for service for the same thing 4 times. The service has never been correctly performed. It is in for service at this time and am dealing with a different service person. Hopefully will be satisfactory."

Beware of the $6,000 Balance Shaft Gear Repair...

By on Saturday, April 19, 2014

"I liked this car until this issue came up-"

Love this car!! Excellent value and very reliable!

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

"I have never had to make any repairs and it is so comfortable for the family!"

Great layout, but many, many problems. ($$$)

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pros: "Ride, amenities, cargo space, interior"

Cons: "Poor quality, expensive to repair, unreliable"

"This is a great layout for a family car. It rides like a dream, and with all of the seats folded down, there's little that can't be carried in it. If I could keep the build, and replace everything mechanical about it, I would. At only 65K on a babied, well-maintained car, I have had to replace both rear air struts within 6 months of each other (approx $700 each). Also, the manifold is currently being replaced due to a bad flap ($1600 total repair). The tailgate back sensor has never worked properly, nor have the parking sensors (they go off randomly when driving down the road). I am now being told that the thermostat and cam sensors need to be replaced as well. Even with the car paid off, the repairs are no longer worth keeping the vehicle, which is a real shame. I love the R-Class body, and it is amazing in so many other ways. But it is the most unreliable car I have ever owned."

Great car and great value.

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "Huge interior. Luxury finish. Fast acceleration !"

Cons: "Low MPG. Dealer service rates are high."

"I have had my 206 R500 for 6 years and it has been a very reliable car. Only issue was rear air shocks. Great fun in sport mode. Lousy MPG, but expected. Dealer service prices are a joke but local shops servicing MBs are very reasonable. Interior room is outstanding. Good build and finish. Because of the loaf shape of the car, estimating your front and rear points is difficult when parking. I spent $250 on an aftermarket park assist system and it was well worth it!"

I really enjoy it!

By on Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pros: "Cargo space, comfortability and appearance"

"I had my mercedes R350 for 3 years now and I have enjoyed it thus far. I had to replace the air shocks, but other than that I have not had any problems with the car. When I replaced the air shocks I found the part online, which was cost efficient compared to the dealership. They cost $300 for the pair!"

Great vehicle

By on Friday, December 06, 2013

"One of the best of the MB's that I have owned since 1976. Lots of room and easy to reconfigure. Excellent mileage for a large vehicle. No issues since bought new in 2008."

Well, My Wife Loves It, So...

By on Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pros: "Lots of room, high quality materials"

Cons: "Incredibly boring to drive, if you're into that."

"My wife has loved it since we got it. It is a hulking behemoth that moves down the road fine enough, but I think it's exceptionally boring to drive. An Odyssey or Sienna would drive like a F1 car in comparison (and with more utility and better mileage to boot). The resale on these cars is poor, which makes them an excellent value for used car buyers. Pick up a CDI or Bluetec if you can find one. Please don't try to make this car sporty; whenever I see this car with aftermarket suspension or wheels, I cringe. Our car has a lot of miles, but it's still tight and drives like it did when it was new. The materials are top notch, and still look great. It's difficult to find any aging on this car. I replaced the rear airshocks with Arnotts myself ($235), it took less than two hours for both sides. We've had no other maintenance issues. The Harmon Kardon sound is very good, the massive sunroof is nice, braking, acceleration, and handling are decent for it's size, though it's strange that my father's GL wagon (same year) is bigger and heavier, yet handles 100% better. I think we'll keep this thing for another five years, it wouldn't shock me if we went longer."

Spacious, extremely comfortable cruiser.

By on Monday, October 07, 2013

Pros: "Big, comfortable and very safe."

Cons: "Maintenence probably higher than average."

"German engineering at its best. Very easy getting in and out for older people and kids too. Loads of room and can carry seven in comfort and safety. Handles very well for big vehicle, and mileage is respectable - have gotten 27 mpg on long trips. Retractable moon roof is really great, particularly when showing visitors New York City. Maintenance is not cheap, but its a Benz and any car costs to keep in proper condition. Too bad Daimler AG discontinued the R Klasse in USA. New shooting brake is replacement, but only in Germany and expensive. Find a used "R" and buy it for keeps."

Better on the Inside

By on Friday, September 06, 2013

Pros: "Great Used Price, Great Drive, Great Interior,"

Cons: "Lacks storage space with all seats in use"

"The Mercedes R350 isn't the best looking Mercedes of the bunch but it is a dream to own. The interior is so much better than you can imagine. The second row of captains chairs are as comfortable if not more than the front seats. The dual moon roof is awesome and provides extra light to the interior that make this feel even bigger inside. The third row chairs can actually have adults comfortably sit in. The Air suspension is good and bad. Bad because I had to pay to repair it but good because the ride is so smooth, especially for a long road trip. Ours is loaded with the DVD headrests which provide great entertainment for the kids. With all seats in use the storage is definitely lacking. I had to purchase a Thule Roof box for those family trips to help provide enough room for all of our stuff. Overall, I couldn't be happier with this purchase, it has been a great car. I added an extended warranty because I purchased it used and so now I am covered for those costly repairs up to 100,000 miles."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz R-Class near Honolulu. See local deals