2009 Mercedes-Benz R-Class

7.6

Based on 176 Ratings for the 2006 - 2012 models.

LOVE MY R but the repair cost are outrageous

By on Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Pros: "Funt o drive, Great pick up for a crossover"

Cons: "gas millage, maintance cost"

"I know owning a Benz, is not suppose to economical, but the car has been in the shop over 10 times in the last 2 yrs. Air shocks, engine light going on often, axle ect..... Please keep in mind each diagnostic is 300 at the Mercedes Service department. I have been lucky and found a shop that only works on Mercedes and the cost for repairs are a lot cheaper than the Service Center. THE GAS IS KILLING MY POCKETS. It usually cost me about 100 bucks to fill up and that will last 5 days if that. But on the bright side. Its all I could want in a vehicle. It has all the bells and whistles, SUPER roomy for a family of 6, Love the Harmon system, the heated seats. It is by far the most comfortable, stylish car I have ever owned. I would certainly consider purchasing another in the future."

Best car I have ever owned.

By on Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pros: "Great fuel milage, fun to drive."

Cons: "No heated seats, but great heater."

"Love this car. Only thing I wish it had was heated seats, since this is my winter car. It from Florida, where heated seats are not nessary. Drives in snow and ice with no problems. Sound system is great, and the sunroof is like having a convertible."

Comfort, luxury, safety, roomy, & its a Benz.

By on Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Pros: "Big & comfy, yet sporty & safe handling."

Cons: "Maintenance can be expensive."

"Second owner. Love the styling, handling, and especially the roominess. 6 can sit in comfort on a long trip, and the all- glass roof doesn't cause claustrophobia. I can get 28MPG on cruise - not bad for a deuce and 1/2 weight wise. The Sirius radio and Harmon Cardon stereo system is better than most people have in their homes."

Consistent 25 mpg highway with the Gas engine

By on Monday, September 24, 2012

Pros: "comfort, confidence in any road condition"

Cons: "access to third row seats"

"I bought the 2006 R350 new. I follow the maintenance schedule. I have had zero problems with the car. I still have the original brakes. My only cost outside of regular maintenance is a set of tires.Seat comfort and ride are un paralleled at this price point."

Nice car, if you get one that doesn't break down

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pros: "convenient"

Cons: "infeirior: engine, transmission, AC, tire wear"

"I love the convenient design of this car. I have children and this car can haul a LOT (not to mention the third row of seats!). It's pretty good looking and very comfortable to use. HOWEVER!!!!!! I now strongly believe in "planned obsolescence"!!! We've owned 5 German cars so far. I am yet to see a German car that doesn't start breaking down literally the month the warranty expires! Each and every Mercedes and BMW we had, had the same issue - "check engine" is always there - for different reasons, but ALWAYS!!! Air conditioning is literally designed to work for exactly 4 years and 1 month! So is transmission! So is are any wires or pumps that are in the car! All fail within one year from warranty expiration. So if you are thinking of BUYING, please consider leasing. They are great cars, as long as you don't own them!!! I've also owned some Japanese cars, and those babies last a LOOOOOOONG time!!!!"

Today I test drive it

By on Sunday, July 29, 2012

I don't own this car

Pros: "Comfortable,safe,extras"

Cons: "worst maintenace, a lot of trouble,major problems."

"I tested one of 2006 r350 60K miles. I went the MB dealer and try to trade it with my 2005 Honda Pilot EX-L RES 95K.We need 3rd row seat. Thanks god we can't trade it, you know why. They priced R350 at $20.000, After the trade they want $16.000 my car worth is $11.000 Deal or steal?(smart dealers). After that I researched reliability of R350. The car is great, but it looks like. I read about all reviews here. This car have major problems. Mostly A/C. electrical, fail dashboard and oil leaks. It is MB. it is expensive. maintenance also expensive. but it is MB. I can understand maintenance can be expensive then other Japan cars. But if you want to go service every month buy it. I think it is most worst car of MB. I am going to get another Honda Pilot."

Comfort, safety, style and tons of room

By on Sunday, July 08, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, style and lots of room."

Cons: "Costs more to run."

"They call it a cross over, but its a SUV with lots of style and comfort that handles very well for its size. Six or seven adults can comfortably be accommodated for 100 mile trips. The sliding glass roof is great for sight seeing in NYC. The full time 4-wheel drive is peace-of-mind in the winter and rain. Maintenance is high, but its a Benz. The best is never cheap."

Best Family Car Ever

By on Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Pros: "Fun, Opulent, Safe"

Cons: "Doesn't fit most parking spaces or garages"

"We needed an all-wheel drive car capable of holding two infants, a double stroller, luggage and 7 passengers. The R was bigger than the E-Wagon or ML, less likely to rollover than any SUV, as large as a GL, all wheel drive, and gargantuanly beautiful. Initially, I was ready to hate it. I read all the reviews about how cheap it looked inside, under powered its V6 gas engine was, and doughy its steering was. Complete baloney! For 55k-65k it has no competitors, none. Inside, contrast stitched elephant skin textured leather adorns the doors all the way up to the dash. At that juncture, smokey polished wood panels take over and caress all surfaces all the way down to the center console compartments, which are also carved out of wood. The vents and cup holders punctuate this with steely chrome. All you need to complete the Hemingway mystique of all this are some Cuban cigars, a bottle of whiskey (it has a bottle opener built into the center console), and a WWI revolver. At his point, I have to say I can't believe we ever considered an Odyssey Touring Elite, which was sea of wobbly plastic, cheap leather, and malfunctioning gizmos. When we test drove them the power tail gate failed in one, the 16" HD screen failed in another, and the engine stalled in the last. Then there were the myriad federal airbag, seatbelt, and sliding door complaints the Odyssey had. You get what you pay for though, for 20k more, the R has zero federal complaints. Not a one. Then, there's the R's ride, which is like lounging in a first-class Euro-Rail cabin. You hear road bumps, but they are distant and soothing thanks to the longest wheel base offered in any Mercedes. Potholes produce a relaxing, cushioned crackle, like biting into a Snickers bar, a good bass sound but won't rattle you. You can change this serenity with the touch of a button. Paddle shift down and the engine screams and launches 5,000lbs of German steel like an angry bison. But even at high speed, it brakes crushingly, shifts like it's on tracks, and you're always in control. There's no tipsyness like in an SUV and no fishtailing like in most other wagons. Finally, this car is safe. It weighs about as much as some full size pickup trucks but puts all that weight into crumple zones and a unibody construction rather than the chassis. Even the doors feel safe as they're as large as a sail on a boat and half a foot thick. You're basically in a vault when you're in this thing."

Best vehicle I have owned

By on Sunday, July 01, 2012

Pros: "handling"

Cons: "Gas"

"I know people out there bash the Mercedes R Class calling it ugly and a mini van but they are dead wrong. I love the power and style of my R 500 I have not had one single problem with the transmission or any major components. Despite its size it drives like a sports car and has everything you would get in a sports car. I love it and if I could buy two more I would"

Very functional vehicle.

By on Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Pros: "Good value, great comfort, easy putting back seats"

Cons: "Have had a lot of quirky techniccal problems with"

"Really like the car. Great for taking the family around and carting around baseball equipment. Excellent on long trips."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz R-Class near Honolulu. See local deals