2009 Mercedes-Benz R-Class

7.6

Based on 172 Ratings for the 2006 - 2012 models.

Fits my use completely

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pros: "Love the vehicle"

Cons: "Love it, but do not trust the servicing dealer."

"Exactly what I require, however, my servicing dealer's maint personnel have not performed some very elemental repairs, in OKC. The vehicle has been in for service for the same thing 4 times. The service has never been correctly performed. It is in for service at this time and am dealing with a different service person. Hopefully will be satisfactory."

Beware of the $6,000 Balance Shaft Gear Repair...

By on Saturday, April 19, 2014

"I liked this car until this issue came up-"

Love this car!! Excellent value and very reliable!

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

"I have never had to make any repairs and it is so comfortable for the family!"

Great layout, but many, many problems. ($$$)

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pros: "Ride, amenities, cargo space, interior"

Cons: "Poor quality, expensive to repair, unreliable"

"This is a great layout for a family car. It rides like a dream, and with all of the seats folded down, there's little that can't be carried in it. If I could keep the build, and replace everything mechanical about it, I would. At only 65K on a babied, well-maintained car, I have had to replace both rear air struts within 6 months of each other (approx $700 each). Also, the manifold is currently being replaced due to a bad flap ($1600 total repair). The tailgate back sensor has never worked properly, nor have the parking sensors (they go off randomly when driving down the road). I am now being told that the thermostat and cam sensors need to be replaced as well. Even with the car paid off, the repairs are no longer worth keeping the vehicle, which is a real shame. I love the R-Class body, and it is amazing in so many other ways. But it is the most unreliable car I have ever owned."

Great car and great value.

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "Huge interior. Luxury finish. Fast acceleration !"

Cons: "Low MPG. Dealer service rates are high."

"I have had my 206 R500 for 6 years and it has been a very reliable car. Only issue was rear air shocks. Great fun in sport mode. Lousy MPG, but expected. Dealer service prices are a joke but local shops servicing MBs are very reasonable. Interior room is outstanding. Good build and finish. Because of the loaf shape of the car, estimating your front and rear points is difficult when parking. I spent $250 on an aftermarket park assist system and it was well worth it!"

I really enjoy it!

By on Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pros: "Cargo space, comfortability and appearance"

"I had my mercedes R350 for 3 years now and I have enjoyed it thus far. I had to replace the air shocks, but other than that I have not had any problems with the car. When I replaced the air shocks I found the part online, which was cost efficient compared to the dealership. They cost $300 for the pair!"

Great vehicle

By on Friday, December 06, 2013

"One of the best of the MB's that I have owned since 1976. Lots of room and easy to reconfigure. Excellent mileage for a large vehicle. No issues since bought new in 2008."

Well, My Wife Loves It, So...

By on Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Pros: "Lots of room, high quality materials"

Cons: "Incredibly boring to drive, if you're into that."

"My wife has loved it since we got it. It is a hulking behemoth that moves down the road fine enough, but I think it's exceptionally boring to drive. An Odyssey or Sienna would drive like a F1 car in comparison (and with more utility and better mileage to boot). The resale on these cars is poor, which makes them an excellent value for used car buyers. Pick up a CDI or Bluetec if you can find one. Please don't try to make this car sporty; whenever I see this car with aftermarket suspension or wheels, I cringe. Our car has a lot of miles, but it's still tight and drives like it did when it was new. The materials are top notch, and still look great. It's difficult to find any aging on this car. I replaced the rear airshocks with Arnotts myself ($235), it took less than two hours for both sides. We've had no other maintenance issues. The Harmon Kardon sound is very good, the massive sunroof is nice, braking, acceleration, and handling are decent for it's size, though it's strange that my father's GL wagon (same year) is bigger and heavier, yet handles 100% better. I think we'll keep this thing for another five years, it wouldn't shock me if we went longer."

Spacious, extremely comfortable cruiser.

By on Monday, October 07, 2013

Pros: "Big, comfortable and very safe."

Cons: "Maintenence probably higher than average."

"German engineering at its best. Very easy getting in and out for older people and kids too. Loads of room and can carry seven in comfort and safety. Handles very well for big vehicle, and mileage is respectable - have gotten 27 mpg on long trips. Retractable moon roof is really great, particularly when showing visitors New York City. Maintenance is not cheap, but its a Benz and any car costs to keep in proper condition. Too bad Daimler AG discontinued the R Klasse in USA. New shooting brake is replacement, but only in Germany and expensive. Find a used "R" and buy it for keeps."

Better on the Inside

By on Friday, September 06, 2013

Pros: "Great Used Price, Great Drive, Great Interior,"

Cons: "Lacks storage space with all seats in use"

"The Mercedes R350 isn't the best looking Mercedes of the bunch but it is a dream to own. The interior is so much better than you can imagine. The second row of captains chairs are as comfortable if not more than the front seats. The dual moon roof is awesome and provides extra light to the interior that make this feel even bigger inside. The third row chairs can actually have adults comfortably sit in. The Air suspension is good and bad. Bad because I had to pay to repair it but good because the ride is so smooth, especially for a long road trip. Ours is loaded with the DVD headrests which provide great entertainment for the kids. With all seats in use the storage is definitely lacking. I had to purchase a Thule Roof box for those family trips to help provide enough room for all of our stuff. Overall, I couldn't be happier with this purchase, it has been a great car. I added an extended warranty because I purchased it used and so now I am covered for those costly repairs up to 100,000 miles."

would recommend, especially if someone needs space

By on Saturday, July 27, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, even for an old person"

Cons: "navigationsystem toggles a little frustrating"

"looking to replace with same, has room , drives like a sports car in the sport mode, handles curves with ease, good gas mileage"

best vehicle ever!

By on Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive especially for the wife"

Cons: "there are none"

"very good touring car and we get 30+ hwy and mid 20's in town and has high capacity seating with seven seat belts and we use a 17 cu ft luggage carrier if needed"

Very,very nice

By on Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pros: "It has the characteristics of most cars in one!"

Cons: "City gas mileage is poor"

"I've been living with my r350 for about 8 months now. I only had the one problem so far. The suspension airbag went bad NAND out around $400 to replace. Other than that the car is fantastic, it rides smooth , the ride feels like your in a luxury car and feels smaller than it actually is. This is my first mercedes benz, now I see why it's the king of high end luxury. BMW , Lexus , caddillac ,fall short in refinement."

a great car

By on Monday, March 25, 2013

Pros: "a perfectly sized vehicle"

Cons: "engine light comes on too often"

"i love this car and am very disappointed that mercedes has chosen to stop selling them in the usa . stopped in 2012 . the diesel gets 28 + mpg when driven at the speed limit on the highway . it is very comfortable and the seating in the third row is very good for an adult and better than most full size SUVs . it sits lower than a SUV and handles more like a quality car than a minivan or SUV . the only problem i have had is that the engine light comes on too often , but never for anything significant . usually just a sensor failure of some kind , which was usually covered by mercedes benz . i know of no vehicle that compares to the R class , and i believe the only reason this is no longer sold in the usa is poor sales which were due to an anemic marketing program by MB . i can't find a used Rclass to buy with lower mileage because no one wants to sell theirs .."

Best auto that's no longer built

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pros: "Easy to drive"

Cons: "space between seats in cargo configuration"

"Compared 3 SUVs when selecting this car in 06: Land Rover, Qx56 and R500. The only one that drove like a sedan was the RClass. That's why I bought it. It's a great car and I dont understand why it isn't more popular with SUV owners. It has as much or more cargo volume than the other two, and it is very comfortable. MB service is very good."

Nice style and layout of interior. Many problems.

By on Saturday, February 02, 2013

"Many electrical and mechanical problems."

LOVE MY R but the repair cost are outrageous

By on Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Pros: "Funt o drive, Great pick up for a crossover"

Cons: "gas millage, maintance cost"

"I know owning a Benz, is not suppose to economical, but the car has been in the shop over 10 times in the last 2 yrs. Air shocks, engine light going on often, axle ect..... Please keep in mind each diagnostic is 300 at the Mercedes Service department. I have been lucky and found a shop that only works on Mercedes and the cost for repairs are a lot cheaper than the Service Center. THE GAS IS KILLING MY POCKETS. It usually cost me about 100 bucks to fill up and that will last 5 days if that. But on the bright side. Its all I could want in a vehicle. It has all the bells and whistles, SUPER roomy for a family of 6, Love the Harmon system, the heated seats. It is by far the most comfortable, stylish car I have ever owned. I would certainly consider purchasing another in the future."

Best car I have ever owned.

By on Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pros: "Great fuel milage, fun to drive."

Cons: "No heated seats, but great heater."

"Love this car. Only thing I wish it had was heated seats, since this is my winter car. It from Florida, where heated seats are not nessary. Drives in snow and ice with no problems. Sound system is great, and the sunroof is like having a convertible."

Comfort, luxury, safety, roomy, & its a Benz.

By on Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Pros: "Big & comfy, yet sporty & safe handling."

Cons: "Maintenance can be expensive."

"Second owner. Love the styling, handling, and especially the roominess. 6 can sit in comfort on a long trip, and the all- glass roof doesn't cause claustrophobia. I can get 28MPG on cruise - not bad for a deuce and 1/2 weight wise. The Sirius radio and Harmon Cardon stereo system is better than most people have in their homes."

Consistent 25 mpg highway with the Gas engine

By on Monday, September 24, 2012

Pros: "comfort, confidence in any road condition"

Cons: "access to third row seats"

"I bought the 2006 R350 new. I follow the maintenance schedule. I have had zero problems with the car. I still have the original brakes. My only cost outside of regular maintenance is a set of tires.Seat comfort and ride are un paralleled at this price point."

Nice car, if you get one that doesn't break down

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pros: "convenient"

Cons: "infeirior: engine, transmission, AC, tire wear"

"I love the convenient design of this car. I have children and this car can haul a LOT (not to mention the third row of seats!). It's pretty good looking and very comfortable to use. HOWEVER!!!!!! I now strongly believe in "planned obsolescence"!!! We've owned 5 German cars so far. I am yet to see a German car that doesn't start breaking down literally the month the warranty expires! Each and every Mercedes and BMW we had, had the same issue - "check engine" is always there - for different reasons, but ALWAYS!!! Air conditioning is literally designed to work for exactly 4 years and 1 month! So is transmission! So is are any wires or pumps that are in the car! All fail within one year from warranty expiration. So if you are thinking of BUYING, please consider leasing. They are great cars, as long as you don't own them!!! I've also owned some Japanese cars, and those babies last a LOOOOOOONG time!!!!"

Today I test drive it

By on Sunday, July 29, 2012

I don't own this car

Pros: "Comfortable,safe,extras"

Cons: "worst maintenace, a lot of trouble,major problems."

"I tested one of 2006 r350 60K miles. I went the MB dealer and try to trade it with my 2005 Honda Pilot EX-L RES 95K.We need 3rd row seat. Thanks god we can't trade it, you know why. They priced R350 at $20.000, After the trade they want $16.000 my car worth is $11.000 Deal or steal?(smart dealers). After that I researched reliability of R350. The car is great, but it looks like. I read about all reviews here. This car have major problems. Mostly A/C. electrical, fail dashboard and oil leaks. It is MB. it is expensive. maintenance also expensive. but it is MB. I can understand maintenance can be expensive then other Japan cars. But if you want to go service every month buy it. I think it is most worst car of MB. I am going to get another Honda Pilot."

Comfort, safety, style and tons of room

By on Sunday, July 08, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, style and lots of room."

Cons: "Costs more to run."

"They call it a cross over, but its a SUV with lots of style and comfort that handles very well for its size. Six or seven adults can comfortably be accommodated for 100 mile trips. The sliding glass roof is great for sight seeing in NYC. The full time 4-wheel drive is peace-of-mind in the winter and rain. Maintenance is high, but its a Benz. The best is never cheap."

Best Family Car Ever

By on Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Pros: "Fun, Opulent, Safe"

Cons: "Doesn't fit most parking spaces or garages"

"We needed an all-wheel drive car capable of holding two infants, a double stroller, luggage and 7 passengers. The R was bigger than the E-Wagon or ML, less likely to rollover than any SUV, as large as a GL, all wheel drive, and gargantuanly beautiful. Initially, I was ready to hate it. I read all the reviews about how cheap it looked inside, under powered its V6 gas engine was, and doughy its steering was. Complete baloney! For 55k-65k it has no competitors, none. Inside, contrast stitched elephant skin textured leather adorns the doors all the way up to the dash. At that juncture, smokey polished wood panels take over and caress all surfaces all the way down to the center console compartments, which are also carved out of wood. The vents and cup holders punctuate this with steely chrome. All you need to complete the Hemingway mystique of all this are some Cuban cigars, a bottle of whiskey (it has a bottle opener built into the center console), and a WWI revolver. At his point, I have to say I can't believe we ever considered an Odyssey Touring Elite, which was sea of wobbly plastic, cheap leather, and malfunctioning gizmos. When we test drove them the power tail gate failed in one, the 16" HD screen failed in another, and the engine stalled in the last. Then there were the myriad federal airbag, seatbelt, and sliding door complaints the Odyssey had. You get what you pay for though, for 20k more, the R has zero federal complaints. Not a one. Then, there's the R's ride, which is like lounging in a first-class Euro-Rail cabin. You hear road bumps, but they are distant and soothing thanks to the longest wheel base offered in any Mercedes. Potholes produce a relaxing, cushioned crackle, like biting into a Snickers bar, a good bass sound but won't rattle you. You can change this serenity with the touch of a button. Paddle shift down and the engine screams and launches 5,000lbs of German steel like an angry bison. But even at high speed, it brakes crushingly, shifts like it's on tracks, and you're always in control. There's no tipsyness like in an SUV and no fishtailing like in most other wagons. Finally, this car is safe. It weighs about as much as some full size pickup trucks but puts all that weight into crumple zones and a unibody construction rather than the chassis. Even the doors feel safe as they're as large as a sail on a boat and half a foot thick. You're basically in a vault when you're in this thing."

Best vehicle I have owned

By on Sunday, July 01, 2012

Pros: "handling"

Cons: "Gas"

"I know people out there bash the Mercedes R Class calling it ugly and a mini van but they are dead wrong. I love the power and style of my R 500 I have not had one single problem with the transmission or any major components. Despite its size it drives like a sports car and has everything you would get in a sports car. I love it and if I could buy two more I would"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz R-Class near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for