2009 Mercedes-Benz R-Class

7.6

Based on 179 Ratings for the 2006 - 2012 models.

Best Mercedes I've ever owned!

By on Tuesday, January 27, 2015

"My first MBZ was purchased new in 1975. Since then, I've owned 11 different models. This R350 Blue-tec is the finest one to date. It's quick, roomy, and well-built with great attention to detail. I get 21mpg all-around, which is pretty good considering the size and weight. I couldn't be happier. Since they have decided not to make these anymore, it's my intention to keep this great car through the forseeable future."

Incredible vehicle

By on Sunday, December 28, 2014

Pros: "Great highway car, good car for tall people."

Cons: "Not the cheapest to maintain"

"The versatility of this vehicle is great. 4 very tall adults can travel in comfort and not cramped. The mileage is 30 with the diesel and the acceleration is the same as the gasoline engine. The ride is that of an "S" class and cargo that it can hold is great. Best vehicle ever made."

Good car if...........

By on Sunday, November 23, 2014

Pros: "It's ready for whatever your life style is"

Cons: "Repair cost, v6 is a little under powerd"

"I've owned my R350 for 3 years now, and it has been a eye opening experience. I have never cared for or been a fan of German luxury but I can see where mercedes was going with this car ...it works for me......it fits my life style. It's a luxury car when you go out, it's a truck when you have to haul stuff from Home Depot , it's a snow mobile in the worst snow storm. It's a great vehicle to own but! ......you will have to be a little mechanically inclined. The first time the check engine light came on , the cost of the total repairs came out to $11,000. So I soon became a owner of a hand held obd scanner to read out the "check engine light" codes and look up how to fix it it myself and saved a lot of money doing it myself. Now the R350 is a lot easier to own. Unless your financially set to pay a mercedes Benz specialist every time that dreaded "check engine light comes on.....you better get familiar with the car. Ok, but overall I looked at plenty of cars and trucks and I still think that the R350 is the best car for me. Style ,function, and drivability nothing can beat it."

Your mechanic will love you.

By on Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Pros: "Like the hill assist and thats it."

Cons: "Spending too much money keeping this car running."

"I have owned the car for over 6 years and drove over 128,000 miles and I don't feel comfortable driving long distances. A faulty Engine Gas Exhaust Temp Sensor will kill the motor and your stranded on the side of the freeway until it cools down. There is some stray electrical issues and I am always replacing light bulbs. Bought it brand new, the sun roof window shade broke the first week (2 days to fix, thank God it was still under warranty). 40,000 EGT Sensor failed ($260 for Diagnostic, $220 part and $199 labor). 60,000 steering rack developed a serious leak ($4600). Replaced front headlights because of hazing plastic ($650). Transmission issues started 100,000 miles ($740). Whats next? I am completely disappointed and will never buy another Mercedes again."

Very Comfortable

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pros: "Great for long road trips."

Cons: "Spare tire is an inflatable"

"Since the R-class styling was not very popular, I felt I got a lot of car for my money, especially since I very much like the practical, aerodynamic style. I had one $800 repair in 3 years. The interior is sedate, comfortable, and very quiet. The car handles well, and gets up to 30 mpg cruising at 75."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz R-Class near Honolulu. See local deals