2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Class

7.6

Based on 184 Ratings for the 2006 - 2012 models.

Nice but expensive

By on Thursday, January 6, 2011

"Very nice and sporty for a large heavy family car. Very safe even at higher speeds. Good for kids. Gets bad gas milage avg. 13.5 it might get 20mpg at 65 on the highway. Its maintence is very high at the 90,000 mile service. Its a little out of my price range."

Big comfortable class

By on Friday, August 20, 2010

"What a car. I only have 27,000 trouble free miles on the car but I can say I absolutely love it. What first caught my attention was how quiet the ride was for such a big car. After turning on the stereo I was blown away. Shifting gears took a bit of adjustment but after a few weeks I figured it out. Driving down the highway is an absolute joy, I couldnt ask for more. The leather is supple and really high quality. I have owned Jags and Cadillac and there is no comparison. I loved the Jag (not the caddy) but even the jag fails in comparison. I will continue to buy mercedes."

I love this vehicle

By on Thursday, August 14, 2008

"I've driven my leased R500 for just over two years, and it's been wonderful. It's fully loaded with all the extras, extremely comfortable (even for 6 adults) and has been very reliable. The only negatives I've experienced have been with the driver head rest (power cord came unplugged, but was easily fixed at my normal maintenance) and the tires had to be replaced much sooner than I expected (19K miles). Other than that, I've had a wonderful experience with this vehicle. Contrary to the other reviews, I am considering buying at the end of my lease in October based upon the reduced sale price offered by MB."

Not The Best Vehicle Ever

By on Friday, January 4, 2008

"I bought the R500 for my wife to replace an E320 Wagon that we were happy with however we needed 3rd row seating, the jump seat in the back of the Wagon is un-useable with car seats. The concept is great, we loved the looks, the features such as the self opening/closing trunk and enjoyed having the extra power moving up from the 320 to the 500 power plant. Now for the bad, the quality is horrible. We have had it back to the dealer so many times I think we have put more miles on loaners than we have on the R500 we purchased. I cannot fault the dealership for their effort and helpfulness but I bought a MBenz so I would not have to see the service dept. every other week. Issues include, random SRS sensor failures, air conditioning/heating failures, trunk closure failures, various electronic failures. I am close to asking the dealership for a replacement in the hope that I was unlucky and just took delivery of a lemon vs. the overall model being the issue."

Kids love it!

By on Thursday, December 13, 2007

"Drives like a big car. Wish it had a bit more performance overall. However, for family outings and vacations its great. My kids love having their own separate seats. Great storage areas up front and the cargo is spacious when the 3rd row is down. When buying I thought the automatic opening/closing of tailgate was a nice idea, but I will never own another vehicle that does not offer it. Getting lazy I guess. Going on family ski trip soon and anxious to see how it performs in the snow!"

Best SUV Crossover out there tried them all!!!

By on Monday, October 15, 2007

"Spend 3 months trying every SUV/Crossoer/Minivan. This one had the best style, drove the best, awesome power, only the porsche & turbo BMW had more. Much more kid friendly. Have taken it throughout the Northeast and Canada with two adults and 4 kids . Super luxurious. With the current factory discounts, it's worth the money. Feels heavy & sturdy compared to american & asian alternatives. R500 has more then enough power. Sure it burns alot of gas, but I'd rather have the power when I'm passing on a two lane highway. My wife, kids & I absolutely love the car. Best heated seats of any vehicle I have ever owned. You don't want to get out. The Xenon lights are a must. Get an extended warranty, it doesn't have the reliability of a Toyota."

best safe car and rides grate

By on Saturday, August 16, 2014

Pros: "grate car feel safe joy to drive"

Cons: "extra seats in rear are kids or small people"

"love the ride and convience loading door."

Best car I have ever owned.

By on Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pros: "Great fuel milage, fun to drive."

Cons: "No heated seats, but great heater."

"Love this car. Only thing I wish it had was heated seats, since this is my winter car. It from Florida, where heated seats are not nessary. Drives in snow and ice with no problems. Sound system is great, and the sunroof is like having a convertible."

Best vehicle I have owned

By on Sunday, July 1, 2012

Pros: "handling"

Cons: "Gas"

"I know people out there bash the Mercedes R Class calling it ugly and a mini van but they are dead wrong. I love the power and style of my R 500 I have not had one single problem with the transmission or any major components. Despite its size it drives like a sports car and has everything you would get in a sports car. I love it and if I could buy two more I would"

Very functional vehicle.

By on Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Pros: "Good value, great comfort, easy putting back seats"

Cons: "Have had a lot of quirky techniccal problems with"

"Really like the car. Great for taking the family around and carting around baseball equipment. Excellent on long trips."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz R-Class near Honolulu. See local deals