2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class

7.7

Based on 184 Ratings for the 2006 - 2012 models.

9 months driving my 2011 R350, and still all grins

By on Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pros: "Premium driving pleasure. Very high safety futures. Very roomy."

Cons: "Voice activation system unusable. Command controls (nav) unconventional."

"I have a 3 series and a 7 series BMW. I had never considered MB before. When boys grew older, and minivan didn't sit well in their coolness gauge, my wife wanted to change her minivan with a 7-seatrer SUV. She was insisting on BMW X5. So, we went to the dealer and looked at one with rare 3rd row seat. Not only the third row seat is not useable, we didn't fancy the car as much as we initially thought. Audi Q7 was the same story with the third row seat. I had never considered R type because of its really ugly front design, but when the 2011 model came out, it was just love at first sight. When we test drove and sat in the third row seat, we made up our mind already. Detail to comfort and luxury is incredible. Ride is as smooth and quite as can be. Handling and breaking great. Steering wheel pedal shifts, rear view camera, navigation, bluetooth, all accessories are great. 6 in dash 1 in center console DVD system, cordless headphones keeps the kids really happy at the back. I don't have the Harman-Carton option but the sound system is just fine. Panoramic roof is really nice. Everything in the car that would make you feel comfortable are there. So far in 9 moths I owned the car, there has been no problem to report. Are there any negatives? I can only think of three: - Navigation takes a little getting used to, but once you do, it works great. I don't understand how come they are not offering a touch screen navigation for a car at this price range though... - Bluetooth telephone, address book works with great sound quality, however, voice command system is a joke. It just doesn't work even after voice training. May need German accent? - It has a built in hard drive for media files. Size is 4GB.?! Even the flash card I insert has 8 or 16GB capacity. Other than these, I can not think of anything negative about this car. Interestingly, gasoline mileage is better than advertised. I clocked 21.7MPG on a round trip from Leesburg to Radford, VA. I drive mostly in city, and the average is showing around 17MPG. If you want a large family car withhout compromising driving pleasure, I definitely recommend this. I recommend premium package with heated seats and heated steerig wheel, and entertainment system options. I also got the extended 10 years 100,000 warranty. Mercedes offers it for $3,500, and the unused portion of the extended 6 years is returned or can be transferred over when you sell the car."

Beware of the $6,000 Balance Shaft Gear Repair...

By on Saturday, April 19, 2014

"I liked this car until this issue came up-"

if you need troble - buy R350

By on Thursday, January 07, 2010

"I'm purchase my 2006 R350 2 years ago used with 25000 ml. For warranty period ( before 50Kml) I was on the dealer 8 times w/different problem.After 50Kml I have to replace , for my cost, : front differential,axle,rear ball joints. On vehicle now 58kml and some over noises come from front end. I never had any accidents and I'm careful driver - I don't know how why all this problem come.Don't recommend anyone."

Best large family car

By on Tuesday, February 26, 2008

"Almost impeccable. Wonderful traveling and commuter vehicle, any weather, always safe. I don't stress in snow/ice b/c it corrects mistakes without fail (ESP, ABS). Love the looks, 18" wheels, moonroof, front middle seat heaters, dividable stereo system, location of controls, user-friendliness and uncluttered, tasteful interior and exterior. Even w/o the airmatic great, comfortable, yet, for its size, spirited and confident ride. 500 engine is a must for this size, quick, great tranny w/ manumatic capability. Tend to drive with both feet to get around the throttle delay, esp. at stops when need to get away quickly (which it does!). Plenty of interior room for family of 5 + lab and stuff (roof racks). Third row seats are more spacious than our MDX (superior ride to the 1st gen MDX). Kids and wife tend to fall asleep quickly..not in MDX, sorry. MB Service always becoming (they keep forgetting to recommend tire rotations, so wear is uneven). Love the 12k mile service intervals. Issues limited to cold weather: foggy windows, chassis rattle somewhere right front, that's it. No electric issues at all (wow!). The R500's been a real treat thus far and makes a lot of sense for what it's intended to be. It grows on me the more time I spend in it. Controls make sense where they are. I needed more space than a station wagon, but not a monster SUV or van. The R perfectly fits the bill."

Best vehicle I've ever owned!!!

By on Tuesday, December 08, 2015

"This is my 2nd R350. The first one was gas-powered and a little under-powered. This new diesel one is quite quick and nimble. With the panorama roof and AWD feature, this car is very functional and fun to drive. The quality is evident everywhere you look. I'm planning on keeping it for a long time."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz R-Class near Honolulu. See local deals