2007 Mercedes-Benz R-Class

7.6

Based on 181 Ratings for the 2006 - 2012 models.

By on Wednesday, May 20, 2009

"Great used car value alternative to minivan. Venerable 5.0 litre V8 gives good performance. If you need third row seating access is very good--small children can squeeze between 2nd row bucket/captain seats. 2nd row legroom is best by far I've ever seen. Nav and radio controls are not intuitive and take getting used to (nowhere near Honda-Acura for ease of use). Integrated phone needs special cradle (expensive). If you understand and appreciate the functionality of the car, you will learn to love it's loaf-like form."

By on Sunday, March 08, 2009

"Purchased in 2007. Not one spec of trouble in any area. Drives smoothly and rides extremely well. Had to adjust to length of vehicle but room inside was well worth the adjustment."

2006 R Class

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2008

"Bought top of the line in 2006 all added features over 65 k paid. This was a lease thank goodness. Car has had several problems over the 2 year lease all corrected by dealer but still a irritant. One time was at dealer for 30 days before corrected. Great looking and riding auto. Expensive to service. Would have had excess of $10,000. in repairs if not covered by factory. Lease end purchase would be $42,000. But, Mercedes lease called and offered to me at $28,000. I then checked dealer trade from Kelly Blue Book and it is listed at $20,000 in excellent condition. Glad I only leased this car and didn't purchase. Horrible depreciation!!! I have had two Mercedes before this and also currently own a 2008 600SL. I hope this isn't the future of Mercedes Benz. I believe Mercedes will get my lease returned when up in October."

'07 CDI- excellent car!

By on Friday, February 15, 2008

"I have had my '07 R320 CDI 4MATIC for about 10 months now. I have about 30k miles (~90% highway). I agree with some others on here, that the OEM Micheillen tires are not very good, however I just moved up to the Continental 4x4, and I am much happier. I love the fact that I can get all I need into it and still have room for all that the wife happens to pick up on family trips. This being one of the snowiest winters on record in NH, I can attest to its snow performance. In a word, exceptional. I have never owned a better snow machine. The fuel economy also is incredible, with spring-summer values of 27-29 MPG and winter (worst for a diesel) of 24-26 MPG. I will keep this one for quite some time."

Good Choice!

By on Saturday, September 08, 2007

"Coming from a Durango, I have nothing but praise for the big R. PROS: Great quality, good ride, super roomy, looks good, quiet, great stereo, nice sunroof, silky 7-speed. CONS: Nit-pickin' here, but.. mileage is ok, but not great, V-6 is adequate, but no high-HP machine. Probably not the cheapest vehicle for what you get, but the quality is unmatched! Oh, the stigma for owning the benz can be painful at times. But it's just because others are jealous."

By on Tuesday, September 04, 2007

"WOW, drives like floating on clouds with a little horse power at your foot when needed. Lots of room, took long trip with 2 infants and 4 adults, everyone was comfortable. I give 5 stars on Engineering little pricy coming in at $55k."

Great while it lasted

By on Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Pros: "usually smooth driving, nice interior"

Cons: "way too many!"

"This car was absolutely amazing for about a year. I don't know what it was, but afterwards everything went downhill. I have sooo many problems with the car now. I'm trying to fix them all up so I can finally sell this thing, but it's so expensive to do so...I've had issues with things such as power steering, leaking fluids, brakes, pickup, and so much more. Mercedes is a great brand, but this was an AWFUL car!"

Comfort, safety, style and tons of room

By on Sunday, July 08, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, style and lots of room."

Cons: "Costs more to run."

"They call it a cross over, but its a SUV with lots of style and comfort that handles very well for its size. Six or seven adults can comfortably be accommodated for 100 mile trips. The sliding glass roof is great for sight seeing in NYC. The full time 4-wheel drive is peace-of-mind in the winter and rain. Maintenance is high, but its a Benz. The best is never cheap."

Best quality vehicle we've ever owned.

By on Friday, February 03, 2012

"My wife is totally enamored with the R Class CDI, due to its superb handling and passenger/cargo capacity. We also have a 17 cu. ft. luggage carrier, which is easily stored and installed for the long hauls."

Best family car ever!

By on Thursday, March 10, 2011

"Comfort, luxury, flexibility. Take a bunch of kids to soccer, go skiing, go to the nursery, all in style and comfort!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz R-Class near Honolulu. See local deals